Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015 | 09:17 AM
550.spyder
Advanced

Default SOC and PFF Spyder Owner Thread

@ all:

We have a guy in our community who is working on the ECUs.
He's running a tuning company in Germany.
He already converted his standard Boxster S to a 3.8l version with the 911 GTS output of 430 HP!

He will come up with a plug and play solution, offering a complete new ECU that will replace the standard ECU, so you can swap units in case of Service.

And yes your right, the power of GT4 and Spyder is artificially limited to the HP indicated for these models. It's all done by the ECU as the engine is 100% identical to the 911 engines accept from the intake manifold that is different and the exhaust.

You really should join the forum and ask your questions there. Like I said - the Site is in English, the forum is German, but feel free to ask your questions in English and you'll receive the answer in English.

You may not be able to follow the whole conversation - missing some of the jokes - but any question ask, should be well answered in English.

Go check out the SOC:

http://www.spyder-owners.com

and join via the forum:

http://www.pff.de/porsche/board104-p...#post154085626

Regards Tom
Old 08-01-2015 | 01:23 PM
il pirata
Banned

Originally Posted by 550.spyder
@ all:

He already converted his standard Boxster S to a 3.8l version with the 911 GTS output of 430 HP!

And yes your right, the power of GT4 and Spyder is artificially limited to the HP indicated for these models. It's all done by the ECU as the engine is 100% identical to the 911 engines accept from the intake manifold that is different and the exhaust.
Your not going to get 430HP just with a ECU tune on a Boxster S.

On the GT4/Spyder you will need to get a different intake manifold/exhaust to get the horsepower up as well.

Not saying you cannot get some gain from a ECU tune but it will not get the engine back to 911S power kit levels without additional work.
Old 08-01-2015 | 03:14 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Hey,

didn't say he just got it out of the ECU.
I said he is working on the ECU.
Of course you have to do some adjustments on the GT4/Spyder to get maximum HP. Thats what he did to get 430 plus HP.

I guess you know that you have to change the intake manifold to a larger diameter and the Exhaust Manifold has to be changed as well, plus the software needs to be changed.

Though, the plug and play Kit to get 400 HP from the Spyder is in progress.

However, if you want to go into that topic you should ask the guy who's into it.

As I said: join the SOC. Tom
Old 08-01-2015 | 03:53 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Hey,

didn't say he just got it out of the ECU.
I said he is working on the ECU.
Of course you have to do some adjustments on the GT4/Spyder to get maximum HP. Thats what he did to get 430 plus HP.

I guess you know that you have to change the intake manifold to a larger diameter and the Exhaust Manifold has to be changed as well, plus the software needs to be changed.

Though, the plug and play Kit to get 400 HP from the Spyder is in progress.

However, if you want to go into that topic you should ask the guy who's into it.

As I said: join the SOC. Tom
Thanks for the invite Tom, joined this morning.
Old 08-01-2015 | 07:01 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

@ all:

and join via the forum:

http://www.pff.de/porsche/board104-p...#post154085626

Regards Tom

You have to understand that people that do not master the German language will not feel themselves at home on a German forum, even if they are allowed to post in English.
Old 08-02-2015 | 04:35 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
You have to understand that people that do not master the German language will not feel themselves at home on a German forum, even if they are allowed to post in English.
Being from Belgium, you should do well in the German forum. Come join us.
We'd be happy to answer your questions. There might even be a few people that speak your language as well as French and English.

It's about the community of Spyder drivers worldwide and about getting informations from Germany.

Kind Regards Tom
Old 08-02-2015 | 08:04 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Default 981 Spyder!!!!

Just got your instructions, looking fwd to chatting with new people... The humor on European forums is also quite different.. Always fun
Old 08-04-2015 | 04:38 AM
550.spyder
Advanced

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Just got your instructions, looking fwd to chatting with new people... The humor on European forums is also quite different.. Always fun
Great! We're now 70+ Spyder Owners and growing.
The Spyder Owners Website gets more complex every day.

I hope there'll be more people who'd like to join @

http://www.spyder-owners.com
Old 08-04-2015 | 08:45 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Being from Belgium, you should do well in the German forum. Come join us.
We'd be happy to answer your questions. There might even be a few people that speak your language as well as French and English.

It's about the community of Spyder drivers worldwide and about getting informations from Germany.

Kind Regards Tom
My Dutch is excellent, so is my French.

My German gets me no further than ordering "Schnitzel mit Pommes und Mayo", or "Eine Jaherskarte Bitte".

You might want to consider running an international subforum for Spyder owners in that case.
Old 08-04-2015 | 02:12 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
My Dutch is excellent, so is my French.

My German gets me no further than ordering "Schnitzel mit Pommes und Mayo", or "Eine Jaherskarte Bitte".

You might want to consider running an international subforum for Spyder owners in that case.
If that's your desire - we shall order "Schnitzel mit Pommes und Mayo" for you @ the next Spyder Meeting - if you attend
Old 08-04-2015 | 06:04 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

If that's your desire - we shall order "Schnitzel mit Pommes und Mayo" for you @ the next Spyder Meeting - if you attend
If possible after the 15th of October
Old 08-04-2015 | 10:52 PM
Sven76
Pro

Originally Posted by il pirata
Your not going to get 430HP just with a ECU tune on a Boxster S.
Hm, yup, his Boxster is running a (highly) modded 3.8 engine sourced from a 991S. And he is very explicit in saying that just a software change will NOT give you a large improvement in HP on the Spyder. He is a good guy (RacingErich on PFF), rather questioning the statements on HP of other tuners and conservative on his own work.
Old 08-05-2015 | 02:08 AM
Mash
Instructor

Default Where to register

Hello 550.Spyder,

I went to your website, Spyder owners club but can't seem to fing the registration page or link.

Please advice, thank you.
Old 08-05-2015 | 01:33 PM
550.spyder
Advanced

Smile

Originally Posted by Mash

Hello 550.Spyder,

I went to your website, Spyder owners club but can't seem to fing the registration page or link.

Please advice, thank you.
Just send a mail to info@spyder-owners.com asking for registration and login.
You may also find it useful to go to the PFF Forum first. Just introduce yourself to the community giving us your Porsche Code and some details about yourself if you like and you're in.

http://www.pff.de/porsche/board104-p....html?011f54b3

CU soon in the PFF Forum. Cheers Tom
Old 08-12-2015 | 01:44 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

how do we introduce ourselves? is there a specific forum for this? couldn't find it... used google translate to change the website instructions but didn't help much.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder!!!!