Sponsored by: APR

Drank the GT4 koolaid !

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart
It is obvious that many bought these car on speculation. They are not loosing a lot on them, because it is a desirable and somewhat limited car, but I bet many of those speculators thought they could turn a profit.
The car has been in buyer hands for over three years. The speculators are long gone.

I just talked to a Porsche dealer about a particular car from a private seller. I wanted to see if I could get CPO and he told me no, but that I could buy the extended warranty. So I asked what the difference was, and he said, not much, just $100 deductible on the extended warranty. If true, then that does not seem like a big deal.
My understanding is that a dealer can run the car through the dealership and add CPO - paid for by the seller/buyer. CPO cost plus a fee.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:55 AM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
The car has been in buyer hands for over three years. The speculators are long gone
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0348/overview/
Old 11-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

The car has been in buyer hands for over three years. The speculators are long gone.

My understanding is that a dealer can run the car through the dealership and add CPO - paid for by the seller/buyer. CPO cost plus a fee.
Some dealers won’t do the CPO for a car they didn’t sell from what I’ve seen. They claim it costs 5k or more, but who knows. My car needed it’s tires replaced, so that’s 2k right there. I also wouldn’t gamble on the fact what happens if the car won’t pass?
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Do you know the history of this car? Original owner was a speculator? Dealers are in the business of buying and selling cars. Is that speculating?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:17 AM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you know the history of this car? Original owner was a speculator? Dealers are in the business of buying and selling cars. Is that speculating?
You really want to argue over this? This one still has the seat covers on and 65 miles. Clearly someone thought that prices would go up and "speculated". As you stated yesterday, cars have been in owners possession for three years, speculators are long gone!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:17 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

You really want to argue over this? This one still has the seat covers on and 65 miles. Clearly someone thought that prices would go up and "speculated". As you stated yesterday, cars have been in owners possession for three years, speculators are long gone!
Argue? What I do know is that GT buyers sometimes do unconventional things. If the original owner of the car you posted (one car makes your argument...) was a speculator and if they recently sold it to the dealer, then they are pretty bad at the car speculating buisinees being about two years late to sell it. But hey, don’t let me get in the way of your market expertise.

Quick Reply: Drank the GT4 koolaid !