Notices

Porsche Future

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:35 PM
scoops
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to take the time to say to everyone that is is blatantly obvious who fully knows, understands, lives, and breaths Porsche.

there have been some excellent points made here and some awfull ones too.

I thought i saw something along these lines said somwhere earlier but i couldn't find it to quote it.

What was the first model design by porsche??? i certainly wasn't a 911.
it was a 356! the 356s were sucessfull for a lil while, but as they got older they started to lose sales. Porsche responded to this by creating a controversial new car that went by the name of "911" (there were a few other lil cars at the same time) this "911" was sucessfull!

now let's look at the cyenne again, it's new, it's controvercial, but guess what it's selling. But that doesn't make sense, it isn't an original porsche, well sorry for all those who think the 911 is the original, it wasn't.

now, i'm sure a few of you will recognise the name Ferdinand Porsche, he was designing cars for many companies before "porsche" was even conceived. Ferdinand never had wants or plans to get tied town to just one company. all that happened is that he designed a sportier VW beetle and thus the company started and his son took over.

what i'm trying to say is that back in the 30s and 40s the name porsche existed, but was to people then, is what the name Mclaren is to us today. An individual (or individuals) who helped other companies make better cars. kinda like the mercedes SLR McLaren.

My point is that i think porsche should be allowed to assosiate with whoever they please becasue they will always be helping to make other peoples products better and in turn porsche will benefit itself.

for some reason the Harley Davidson V-Rod comes to mind right now

Let porsche be, they're big boys and girls. they can take care of themselves (and others)

P.S. i believe ferari made an SUV prototype a few years ago, which means the SUV market crossed their minds. (this could have been a weird dream i had though)
Old 06-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Slight correction here.
Ferdinand Porsche Snr's company was a design company based in Stuttgart and was open from 1931 to 1945 when it was shut down.
Ferdinand Porsche Snr was never involved in the setting up of Porsche cars the manufacturer. Ferry Porsche and his sister Louise started this company in 1948 in Gmünd Austria with a 50,000 Swiss Frank order for the first 5 356s built.
Ferdinand Porsche Snr died in 1951.
The 356 was not designed by Ferry either. The only Porsche which was actually designed by a Porsche was the 901/911 series and that Porsche was Ferdinand Porsche III.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 06-03-2004, 02:29 PM
scoops
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the updates to my long time forgotten research.
it's been a while since i've gone throught the books and it shows.

Quick Reply: Porsche Future