Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:30 AM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
I dropped my car in Sindelfingen on 8/15.
It just departed Emden on the Pegasus Highway 2 days ago with a 10/2 ETA in San Diego.

Hope this helps!

Btw, is this your car?

Attachment 1290618
So who gave you this info ? I'm getting radio silence. The dealer can't track it and says to ask Pcna ED department. But ED doesn't respond to phone messages or emails.

No not mine. I dropped in Leipzig same drop off date.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:17 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom
So who gave you this info ? I'm getting radio silence. The dealer can't track it and says to ask Pcna ED department. But ED doesn't respond to phone messages or emails.

No not mine. I dropped in Leipzig same drop off date.
I received the info directly from Jamie.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
I received the info directly from Jamie.

LOL, Jamie is MIA...not responding to my emails confirming date, location, plates, hotels, etc..

I take delivery (I hope????) on October 31st

do you have a secret phone contact for her?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

I get a half reply typically every other week.

No idea when my car locks, no idea how far I can move it into 2019 to pick it up.
I just know Dec 7 production date.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I get a half reply typically every other week.

No idea when my car locks, no idea how far I can move it into 2019 to pick it up.
I just know Dec 7 production date.
just spoke to local salesman...he has been "in touch" with her and assures me everything is coming along nicely....
Peter, have you rented a car in Germany before to get to the Factory? Do you recommend one over another?
We are flying in to Frankfuurt and wanted to rent an E class or 5 series to visit Baden-Baden, Strasbourg and Colmar the 3 days prior to delivery.
Looks like six, europcar, autoeuurope, holidayers and then the usual USA companies like Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, Budget etc...

thanks
Old 09-19-2018, 09:13 PM
ThePhanatic
Racer

Received 236 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
just spoke to local salesman...he has been "in touch" with her and assures me everything is coming along nicely....
Peter, have you rented a car in Germany before to get to the Factory? Do you recommend one over another?
We are flying in to Frankfuurt and wanted to rent an E class or 5 series to visit Baden-Baden, Strasbourg and Colmar the 3 days prior to delivery.
Looks like six, europcar, autoeuurope, holidayers and then the usual USA companies like Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, Budget etc...

thanks
I was just in Germany for 2.5 weeks including a stop in Stuttgart. I rented an E class from Enterprise in Frankfurt International and it was fine (though cloth seats...). I thought the price I got was outstanding given how long I was there.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I just rented a Mercedes GLS from Sixt.
2 week Driving Holiday with 4 adults, two not being male.

When we dont need room Its a C class / 3 series.
Bigger gets cumbersome in the cities.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:54 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience with Jamie for the past 3-4 weeks has been the same. Barely respond to my emails once a week, unless my SA pushes her.

1. I asked her if I can cancel.
2. A week goes by, she responds cancel only allowed 4 weeks before your date.
3. Same day, I ask her how do I know what my date is?
4. No response for another week. My wife finally decides to go since we think we have missed our cancelation period... but only in Nov. So I asked Jamie for a date in Nov.
5. Another weekend passes. My SA gets on her. Next day, she responds that she has lots of openings for Nov.
6. I tell her Nov 19 Monday. But no responds.
7. Then I realized, the Ring last days are Nov 17 and 18. So I emailed her to reserve Nov 16th.
8. Another few days goes by and my SA pesters her... She responds that they don't do deliveries on Mondays and Fridays during winter.
9. I asked her to take Nov 14 delivery and proceeded to ask the Travel agency to change my itinerary for the 5th time.
10. My SA intervens again the next day, she then responds to confirm that I'm set for Nov 14.
11. Today, my SA emails back and asked what's the next step... So far, no response.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:18 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom
Have you guys had the ability to track the vehicle or ship it is on? I'm trying to get a rough idea of when my car will arrive, because I have to arrange travel to go get it.

My drop off date in Europe was 23 days ago, yet European Delivery department hasn't given me any tracking despite multiple requests. However, 8 days ago (15 days after my drop off date), Jamie from ED told me "I don’t have a vessel yet, but it should be booked any day now."

I was very surprised to learn it was not on a vessel yet - is that normal?
I did ED last summer and found the communication with Porsche to be not great, vague and sporadic information. If you can find out the name of the vessel and the date it leaves port, you can track it yourself https://www.marinetraffic.com. After it lands, count on 1-3 weeks depending on where your dealer is. For the USA, the port is in Davisville, RI and for Canada, its in Halifax.

I dropped mine off in Frankfurt on July 5 and received the car on Sept 1 (Vancouver). I recall it left Emden at the beginning of August and landed in Halifax after 5 days at sea. Took almost 3 weeks to truck it from Halifax to Vancouver.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I’ve read somewhere Porsche offers discount on airline tickets, how does that get organized?
Old 09-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Deja_Vu
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo
My experience with Jamie for the past 3-4 weeks has been the same. Barely respond to my emails once a week, unless my SA pushes her.

4. No response for another week. My wife finally decides to go since we think we have missed our cancelation period... but only in Nov. So I asked Jamie for a date in Nov.
5. Another weekend passes. My SA gets on her. Next day, she responds that she has lots of openings for Nov.
7. Then I realized, the Ring last days are Nov 17 and 18. So I emailed her to reserve Nov 16th.
8. Another few days goes by and my SA pesters her... She responds that they don't do deliveries on Mondays and Fridays during winter.
9. I asked her to take Nov 14 delivery and proceeded to ask the Travel agency to change my itinerary for the 5th time.
10. My SA intervens again the next day, she then responds to confirm that I'm set for Nov 14.
11. Today, my SA emails back and asked what's the next step... So far, no response.
That sounds awful.

I too have done an ED on a BMW and the experience was superb - from ordering to PCD and I was updated every step of the way. I was looking forward to doing one with a Porsche but it seems like the benefits aren't nearly as good as they were with BMW - especially on the customer service side.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:44 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’ve read somewhere Porsche offers discount on airline tickets, how does that get organized?
It's with Delta Airlines and gives access to the Delta One (Business Class) cabin through select cities at the following flat-fare rates. All fares are based on availability of ticket class.

Departure City: Atlanta(ATL), Detroit (DTW), Washington, D.C. (IAD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Miami (MIA). New York City ( JFK), Chicago (ORD)

Arrival city: Frankfurt (FRA), Stuttgart (STR), Berlin (TXL), Munich (MUC), Hanover (HAJ)

- $3500 (plus tax and fees ~ $1,100) booked in fare class "I"
- $2900 (plus tax and fees ~ $1,100) booked in fare class "Z"

Discounted fares were also available for connecting flight up to 25%.

I found better priced flights on other airlines even with the discount and wanted a direct flight from DEN so went elsewhere and still ended up costing me to same amount of money
Old 10-09-2018, 06:28 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,154 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo

I think ED has become very popular recently. There is no doubt she is swamped with numerous people making the same changes/requests on a daily basis. My first ED 5 years ago she was much more responsive. The last few times however her return email time has indeed lengthened. I just chalk it up to more people with more requests.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race7117
It's with Delta Airlines and gives access to the Delta One (Business Class) cabin through select cities at the following flat-fare rates. All fares are based on availability of ticket class.

Departure City: Atlanta(ATL), Detroit (DTW), Washington, D.C. (IAD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Miami (MIA). New York City ( JFK), Chicago (ORD)

Arrival city: Frankfurt (FRA), Stuttgart (STR), Berlin (TXL), Munich (MUC), Hanover (HAJ)

- $3500 (plus tax and fees ~ $1,100) booked in fare class "I"
- $2900 (plus tax and fees ~ $1,100) booked in fare class "Z"

Discounted fares were also available for connecting flight up to 25%.

I found better priced flights on other airlines even with the discount and wanted a direct flight from DEN so went elsewhere and still ended up costing me to same amount of money
Thanks!

That will work fine.

On Jamie communication, I haven’t been able to get a reply for 4 weeks.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 PM
sting168
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few questions -
1. When does Porsche put on winter tires for ED cars?
2. When are the Alpine Passes expected to be closed for driving?
3. Is early December still ok for touring in an ED Porsche 911 weather and road condition wise?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche