Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Kilometers or Mileage Limit?

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Many factual corrections needed:]

Slide 8.

"just drop your car off in Leipzig or Zuffenhausen to be shipped home"

Zuffenhausen is no longer an option. The factory cannot accept drop offs after July 1 2016. PCNA will pay for customers to drop off at Sindelfingen instead (which is equidistant to the Stuttgart airport).

"you have your choice of 15 other drop off locations "

16 now. (Berlin, Bremerhaven, Duisburg, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Paris, Nice, Geneva, Zurich, Vienna, London, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Madrid, Koper)

Did anyone, who took delivery in 2017, exceed 6,000 km (3728 miles) prior to drop off with your European Delivery Porsche while in Europe?

The current ED Vehicle order and Agreement for 2018 vehicles on page 3, Terms & Conditions, Paragraph 8, states in part: "If the Vehicle is not exported from the European Union within six months ... and before 6,000 km the VAT becomes due and payable. Therefore, the Customer will return the Vehicle ... for export ... sooner than 6 months from the date the Vehicle is delivered to the Customer."

For one I am not worried about the six months export from the EU, but I may be pushing the 6,000 km (3,728 miles +/-) on the car. Did anyone exceed 6,000 km (there are several posts in other threads that report higher numbers numbers in miles than 6,000 km), and did Porsche AG (or PCNA) give you any grief as to the VAT retention? One would think that Porsche AG / PCNA would be more concerned about the 6 months export out of the EU. Thanks for any input. Please PM if you prefer. Type 2

Last edited by Type 2; 08-02-2017 at 12:03 AM. Reason: MSP
Old 08-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I have no experience of how PAG do but it is against the laws of EU: a car older then 6 months and more than 6000km's is considered a used vehicle (not new any more) and used vehicles don't have any VAT.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:49 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I have no experience of how PAG do but it is against the laws of EU: a car older then 6 months and more than 6000km's is considered a used vehicle (not new any more) and used vehicles don't have any VAT.
That explains why you would have to pay the VAT if you exceed those times/mileage.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:13 PM
dpdapper
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I'm late to this thread, but this is misleading. A car is considered "new" if it has less than 6,000 kms on it OR it is less than six months old. So, a car with 6,001 kms but that is less than six months old is still considered new. See my thread on this here: https://rennlist.com/forums/european...n-ed-cars.html
Old 08-27-2018, 01:12 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

I did 6000 MILES on both ED cars.
1 in 4 weeks, One took 6 months.
Nobody cares, as long as the car leaves in 6 months.

But now it’s limited to 3 months by Porsche, so too bad!

i need to find European coverage for a US played car so I can just ship cars to Germany.
Simpler and cheaper.
we now have US based track Insurance that will also cover track days in Europe.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:59 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I did 6000 MILES on both ED cars.
1 in 4 weeks, One took 6 months.
Nobody cares, as long as the car leaves in 6 months.

But now it’s limited to 3 months by Porsche, so too bad!

i need to find European coverage for a US played car so I can just ship cars to Germany.
Simpler and cheaper.
we now have US based track Insurance that will also cover track days in Europe.
You can insure cars in EU through VIN number (no plates needed). It's doable and very easy. Vienna insurance group does it.

Be aware that if anything happens, the EU insurance company will look at every possible thing they could to not pay anything. Lawyer up and have them give you a written statement that they acknowledge it's a US spec car on a temporary trip through the EU.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve done 3 BMW EDs and wanted to do Porsche’s for my ‘19 GTS. Two things stopped me:
1)Dealer wanted me to write them a check for 19% of my vehicles MSRP-equiv to VAT. They said they going to cash it too-in case I disappeared w the car in Europe.
2)As mentioned previously, Leipzig dates are apparently tough unless you request more than 3mos out, then maybe you can get what works for you, the customer.
*my takeaway is that Porsche ED is about what works for Porsche, not about what works for the customer spending $$$ and flying to Germany to spend more $$
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,618 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds
... and wanted to do Porsche’s for my ‘19 GTS. Two things stopped me...
Well, then, by all means you should certainly refrain from one or both of ED and Porsche.

Oh, I think this is a picture of you?

Old 09-05-2018, 09:53 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Funny pic..but don’t get it.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:25 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSdds
I’ve done 3 BMW EDs and wanted to do Porsche’s for my ‘19 GTS. Two things stopped me:
1)Dealer wanted me to write them a check for 19% of my vehicles MSRP-equiv to VAT. They said they going to cash it too-in case I disappeared w the car in Europe.
2)As mentioned previously, Leipzig dates are apparently tough unless you request more than 3mos out, then maybe you can get what works for you, the customer.
*my takeaway is that Porsche ED is about what works for Porsche, not about what works for the customer spending $$$ and flying to Germany to spend more $$
1) and the point is? It's SOP for the dealer as they get stuck with the VAT if you stay longer

2) buy a car noth of 250k and they just might do what works for you. Otherwise, get in the line. They are German. Alles muss in Ordnung sein.

The takeaway is that PAG makes money left and right. It's a business. Grow up. Don't like it, don't buy it.
The following users liked this post:
armanslr (08-28-2021)
Old 09-06-2018, 04:55 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Lol..grow up. Ok bigshot, thanks for life lesson.
I did buy it-I just didn’t do ED for it.
And you are dead wrong about this being sop for all of Porsche. Many on here report NO such requirement of 19% VAT being paid and furthermore BMW does not require such-which was exactly my point.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
1) and the point is? It's SOP for the dealer as they get stuck with the VAT if you stay longer

2) buy a car noth of 250k and they just might do what works for you. Otherwise, get in the line. They are German. Alles muss in Ordnung sein.

The takeaway is that PAG makes money left and right. It's a business. Grow up. Don't like it, don't buy it.
Not SOP at all. I've done 2 european deliveries in a row. On the first one my dealer held a check for the VAT amount and returned it to me when the car was on the boat back to the US. They didn't even ask for one on my second one.

The dealer gets an additional allocation when their customer does ED and can make up the cost. In my case, both times, I was able to receive a nice discount and have the dealer cover the 3K they are charged by PCNA.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:32 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
Not SOP at all. I've done 2 european deliveries in a row. On the first one my dealer held a check for the VAT amount and returned it to me when the car was on the boat back to the US. They didn't even ask for one on my second one.

The dealer gets an additional allocation when their customer does ED and can make up the cost. In my case, both times, I was able to receive a nice discount and have the dealer cover the 3K they are charged by PCNA.
Me too. Both Porsches had no VAT down payment.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you guys had the ability to track the vehicle or ship it is on? I'm trying to get a rough idea of when my car will arrive, because I have to arrange travel to go get it.

My drop off date in Europe was 23 days ago, yet European Delivery department hasn't given me any tracking despite multiple requests. However, 8 days ago (15 days after my drop off date), Jamie from ED told me "I don’t have a vessel yet, but it should be booked any day now."

I was very surprised to learn it was not on a vessel yet - is that normal?
Old 09-08-2018, 09:20 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtom
Have you guys had the ability to track the vehicle or ship it is on? I'm trying to get a rough idea of when my car will arrive, because I have to arrange travel to go get it.

My drop off date in Europe was 23 days ago, yet European Delivery department hasn't given me any tracking despite multiple requests. However, 8 days ago (15 days after my drop off date), Jamie from ED told me "I don’t have a vessel yet, but it should be booked any day now."

I was very surprised to learn it was not on a vessel yet - is that normal?
I dropped my car in Sindelfingen on 8/15.
It just departed Emden on the Pegasus Highway 2 days ago with a 10/2 ETA in San Diego.

Hope this helps!

Btw, is this your car?

Name:  photo993.jpg
Views: 9962
Size:  2.31 MB

Last edited by paxton; 09-10-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 9 Things to Know About European Delivery of Your Porsche