Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED April in Zuffenhausen - Advice and tips please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 01:48 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,216 Likes on 710 Posts

I might have said that ED was fully booked for the year in other threads, I can't find it. However, I just read over the email from the ED director and he mentioned "ED is booked for the Spring". So I am assuming there is more room in summer and fall as spots are released or whatever system they use.

I just wanted to clear that up. If you're looking for ED get in touch of the ED guys directly. The dealers don't seem too eager to help with this part.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:41 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Great info... How realistic would it be to try and do both Grossglockner and Stelvio in the same day? We are going from Leipzig -- Nuremburg -- Munich -- Innsbruck, and then from here the plan was to go down to do the Stelvio Pass and then head west to spend the night in Bregenz (right on the coast at a friends place)... It looks like the Pass you recommend is south east of Innsbruck. Maybe it makes sense to go from Munich down to that Pass first, then head over and spend the night in Innsbruck and make a whole day out of Stelvio and getting to Bregenz?
I wouldn't count on Stelvio to be open in early June, especially not with latest current winter - but even if, somehow magically, it will be open I still don't recommend rushing straight to Grossglockner as this area is just beautiful with so many things to see, so many great roads to drive - enjoy it!
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (03-19-2023)
Old 03-19-2023, 03:12 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Question, from the factory to B500 and onward to Baden Baden, what is the best route to hit B500 from?

I was thinking of hitting the unrestricted Autobahn #81 and up 32/28 to Freudenstadt, like the below pic. Or is there a better way to take from Stuttgart?

Old 03-19-2023, 03:29 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Question, from the factory to B500 and onward to Baden Baden, what is the best route to hit B500 from?

I was thinking of hitting the unrestricted Autobahn #81 and up 32/28 to Freudenstadt, like the below pic. Or is there a better way to take from Stuttgart?
Personally, I hate the Autobahn, and western Germany country roads are just beautiful. I think the only times I took the Autobahn where mornings when I rushed to the airport or something like that and already felt like I am done with the trip and want to go home.
Angryinch (03-19-2023)
Old 03-19-2023, 07:38 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife and I are picking up her new Cab S at Stuttgart on 5/22/23. We are headed to the Nurburgring after the pickup and tour and driving the track the next day in a Porsche rental. From there we don’t have it all planned out but we will likely head to some wine country as we head to southern Germany on the way to Munich where we fly out. Going to use some of the advice on here to help plan.
The following 2 users liked this post by saa106:
iguana (03-20-2023), toph4242 (03-19-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 12:11 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

^ Nice, there is lots of info in this thread and the ED forum.

Youll receive an ED box with routes and info in it from Porsche as well.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Joe250
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
15:45 – 16:45 driving event onroad/Track experience with 2 cars and 2 instructors for you and your 2 guests
How does one go about booking another car for a friend to also drive on track at Leipzig?
Old 03-21-2023, 06:51 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe250
How does one go about booking another car for a friend to also drive on track at Leipzig?
Let Joey know that you are interested in doing this. He will introduce you to your Leipzig representative via email and that person can help to schedule a second car for the same time as your scheduled track time.
Joe250 (03-21-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 11:58 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I added two more days to the trip, we will be coming home on the 25th. I figured why rush home to work, there will always be more work and 4 days with the car is just not enough.

Not sure what to do after Rothenberg, maybe stop in Munich for a night and head to some Castle tours or go down by that large lake in the south (I forget the name). That main castle is down south as well.

Hmmm... Any suggestions?

April 17th, Arrival

April 18th, Delivery of Car and drive through Black Forest to Baden Baden to stay the night + Thermal Spa.
April 19th, Stay night at Baden Baden, Visit Wine stuff and Baden Baden
April 20th, Leave Baden Baden, drive to Nurburgring, 1730-1930 Drive ring, stay the night near Nurburgring.
April 21st, Leave Nurburgring to Rothenburg for the night.
April 22nd Leave Rothenburg for ... ?
April 23rd, OPEN
April 24th, Day time OPEN... Drop car in the early evening.
April 25th, Fly Home.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:49 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

I added two more days to the trip, we will be coming home on the 25th. I figured why rush home to work, there will always be more work and 4 days with the car is just not enough.

Not sure what to do after Rothenberg, maybe stop in Munich for a night and head to some Castle tours or go down by that large lake in the south (I forget the name). That main castle is down south as well.

Hmmm... Any suggestions?

April 17th, Arrival

April 18th, Delivery of Car and drive through Black Forest to Baden Baden to stay the night + Thermal Spa.
April 19th, Stay night at Baden Baden, Visit Wine stuff and Baden Baden
April 20th, Leave Baden Baden, drive to Nurburgring, 1730-1930 Drive ring, stay the night near Nurburgring.
April 21st, Leave Nurburgring to Rothenburg for the night.
April 22nd Leave Rothenburg for ... ?
April 23rd, OPEN
April 24th, Day time OPEN... Drop car in the early evening.
April 25th, Fly Home.
Munich is my second stop, after leaving Leipzig and going to Nuremburg/Rothemburg... I have a tour of the RUF factory in Munich scheduled. Was really easy to get in touch with them and schedule this for any week day (except Friday)... Its $50 for the tour, and I understand that the RUF family is there often and participates in the tours. They also provide a small breakfast and gift bag as part of the tour. I was always a fan of the RUF cars growing up, so I'm looking forward to this... (Maybe good thing to do morning of the 24th?)
After Ruf I head to the castles south of Munich (About 1hr drive)... And then staying in Innsbruck for the night.
Stelvio Pass to follow the next day.
Angryinch (03-24-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 09:38 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Hmmm... Any suggestions?
We’re heading south from Stuttgart (would be southwest from Munich) to Lake Constance and then a big driving day from there to St. Moritz for lunch and back up to Lucerne the next day. Looks like fun driving on mountain passes. It’s like 3 hours from Lucerne to Stuttgart if that’s of interest.

Incidentally, we’ll be in Zuffenhausen picking up our Sport Classic on the 24th when you’re dropping off.

Angryinch (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
We’re heading south from Stuttgart (would be southwest from Munich) to Lake Constance and then a big driving day from there to St. Moritz for lunch and back up to Lucerne the next day. Looks like fun driving on mountain passes. It’s like 3 hours from Lucerne to Stuttgart if that’s of interest.

Incidentally, we’ll be in Zuffenhausen picking up our Sport Classic on the 24th when you’re dropping off.
Do you think the mountain pass areas will be OK this time of year? I keep checking the weather and it doesn’t look too fantastic for the 14 day trend. I’ll have summer tires on.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:02 PM
Joe250
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 75 Posts

Some passes in the Alps will remained closed until April or May. Some years June or July. Best to check for current conditions. This should help: https://alpen-paesse.ch/en/
Angryinch (03-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 04:34 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Do you think the mountain pass areas will be OK this time of year? I keep checking the weather and it doesn’t look too fantastic for the 14 day trend. I’ll have summer tires on.
That’s a fine question. I was focused on Julierpass, going west from St. Moritz, but we’ll also have summer tires so am starting to keep an eye on the forecast. If it doesn’t work, we’ll have a more direct and far less entertaining drive from Constance to Lucerne…or figure out a different drive based on conditions.

And yeah, what @Joe250 said, that site is a great resource (bookmarked).

Last edited by mathfuzzy; 03-25-2023 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2023, 05:47 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
That’s a fine question. I was focused on Julierpass, going west from St. Moritz, but we’ll also have summer tires so am starting to keep an eye on the forecast. If it doesn’t work, we’ll have a more direct and far less entertaining drive from Constance to Lucerne…or figure out a different drive based on conditions.

And yeah, what @Joe250 said, that site is a great resource (bookmarked).
I drove Julier Pass the last time I was in Lake Como area... Drove North from Lake Como through Julier Pass, into Stuttgart... This was the last weekend of May (30-31st timeframe). Pass was open, mountains still covered in snow, but roads clear and beautiful! Just a fair warning... This "Pass" is pretty short, in terms of the winding road section, still a great drive and worth it though
mathfuzzy (03-25-2023)

Quick Reply: ED April in Zuffenhausen - Advice and tips please