Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED April in Zuffenhausen - Advice and tips please

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 05:53 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Any suggests where to head from Baden Baden?? We leave tomorrow.

I was thinking of ripping down into Italy?? Lake como is saying ****ty weather now too…
We headed to Chur (coor) Switzerland. The oldest town in Switzerland. Took the Bernina Express over the Alps to Tirano, Italy. IN. CREDIBLE. Long day trip for pizza and gelato! But that train ride!
Stayed a couple nights in Dornbirn, Austria (Four Points) and explored Vaduz from there. Excellent hotel with great parking. Say hi to Jula and Melissa, trust me. In Chur we stayed at Hotel Chur, right on the river, courtyard private parking. Family owned and simple large rooms.
From there to Lucerne.

Old town Chur was quiet and very cool. Safe trip! Got the red flash on B500 leaving the park today! Busted!
Old 04-19-2023, 11:10 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Well now I know to expect a bunch of photo radar tickets this Aug/Sept! Even on B500 - have they no shame when it comes to placing these moneymaker cameras? I still don't know how I didn't get any photo radar tickets on two prior visits...
Old 04-20-2023, 01:57 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,127 Likes on 670 Posts

Ya I think that’s the one I hit, I recall it being a red flash too. It was in a little tiny town somewhere outside Baden Baden. 30 zone.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:54 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by bobert75
Well now I know to expect a bunch of photo radar tickets this Aug/Sept! Even on B500 - have they no shame when it comes to placing these moneymaker cameras? I still don't know how I didn't get any photo radar tickets on two prior visits...
My experience is significantly different that what you are describing here. 90% of the cameras I noticed in the dozens of thousands of kms I drove in the European alps (and had Waze to alert me on all the rest that I didn't) were placed in villages and small towns along the alpine roads. They let you drive 100kmh in roads that most "normal" people wouldn't dream to go even 70 (we in the US can only dream about such speed limits) but telling you very clearly to slow down when you come near a place where people live.

Last edited by Lucifer; 04-20-2023 at 02:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Angryinch (04-20-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 03:35 AM
Mattyboi
Advanced

Received 104 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dub
We headed to Chur (coor) Switzerland. The oldest town in Switzerland. Took the Bernina Express over the Alps to Tirano, Italy. IN. CREDIBLE. Long day trip for pizza and gelato! But that train ride!
Thats a good suggestion as Como would be a very long day from Baden Baden. Another option would be to head to Lucerne, from here you could head to Bern to see the bear.
Old 04-20-2023, 05:54 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

do they drill the rear bumper? I don't want any holes there
Old 04-20-2023, 08:41 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by Lucifer
My experience is significantly different that what you are describing here. 90% of the cameras I noticed in the dozens of thousands of kms I drove in the European alps (and had Waze to alert me on all the rest that I didn't) were placed in villages and small towns along the alpine roads. They let you drive 100kmh in roads that most "normal" people wouldn't dream to go even 70 (we in the US can only dream about such speed limits) but telling you very clearly to slow down when you come near a place where people live.
I'm only reacting to what others are saying. And I don't drive like an idiot through villages so I don't know what your point is.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:43 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

I'm only reacting to what others are saying. And I don't drive like an idiot through villages so I don't know what your point is.
My point was referring to your sentence "have they no shame when it comes to placing these moneymaker cameras" if it wasn't clear
Old 04-20-2023, 08:49 PM
bobert75
Racer

My point was referring to your sentence "have they no shame when it comes to placing these moneymaker cameras" if it wasn't clear
Well it depends where the cameras are located (though I'm against them being anywhere) - I was assuming none of us are speeding through villages and that there must be some cameras on open stretches somewhere.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:56 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Well it depends where the cameras are located (though I'm against them being anywhere) - I was assuming none of us are speeding through villages and that there must be some cameras on open stretches somewhere.
Then, like I said, before covid (and before moving to the US) I spent dozens of thousands of kms in those roads (mainly the Alps and the Black Forest) and at least from my experience (which is 4 years old) cameras were almost exclusively placed to make drivers slow before towns and villages. They usually place them at the town's entrances\exists and calculate your average speed through the town (how long it took you to get from camera A to camera B).
Old 04-20-2023, 09:22 PM
bobert75
Racer

Then, like I said, before covid (and before moving to the US) I spent dozens of thousands of kms in those roads (mainly the Alps and the Black Forest) and at least from my experience (which is 4 years old) cameras were almost exclusively placed to make drivers slow before towns and villages. They usually place them at the town's entrances\exists and calculate your average speed through the town (how long it took you to get from camera A to camera B).
This isn't my first rodeo - I've driven in the Alps and along B500 before, but it's been 4 years. I'm just hoping the speed camera situation hasn't gotten worse. Again, I managed zero tickets on my last two trips. If I get any tickets this year it'll just be part of the cost of doing business - the business of Porsche ED.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:25 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

This isn't my first rodeo - I've driven in the Alps and along B500 before, but it's been 4 years. I'm just hoping the speed camera situation hasn't gotten worse. Again, I managed zero tickets on my last two trips. If I get any tickets this year it'll just be part of the cost of doing business - the business of Porsche ED.
Then I guess I am just confused to why you refer to them as "money makers" (which has an obvious negative tone to it). How about life savers?
Old 04-20-2023, 09:28 PM
bobert75
Racer

Then I guess I am just confused to why you refer to them as "money makers" (which has an obvious negative tone to it). How about life savers?
I'm not going to waste my time arguing about speed cameras with you.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:44 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about speed cameras with you.
good job not wasting your time by wasting your time commenting you won't waste your time
Old 04-20-2023, 09:46 PM
bobert75
Racer

good job not wasting your time by wasting your time commenting you won't waste your time
Troll on

Quick Reply: ED April in Zuffenhausen - Advice and tips please