Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 04:32 PM
GetBoosted
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunP
Any recomedations on a shop to refinish wheels? I'm buying a car with HRE wheels with black centers that I want to be paint or powdercoat to a different color.
I use Montco Wheel Company in Collegeville. Aaron does a great job w/ wheels.

Here's their info:
- https://www.montcowheelcompany.com/
- https://www.facebook.com/MontcoWheelCo
The following users liked this post:
NueveOnce (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:34 PM
jwex16
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fuchs wheel table

it took forever to get this done with parts in transit for 6 weeks
The following 3 users liked this post by jwex16:
ldamelio (01-23-2021), M Pete (01-21-2021), NueveOnce (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:52 PM
M Pete
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Jwex, very cool!
Old 01-24-2021, 03:06 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 329 Posts

Meant to post this last week, anyone here in Doylestown at the liquor store last weekend, I think an arena red 996 in the lot?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:06 PM
Veneziavol
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha yea that was my son and I. Picking up a birthday gift.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:10 PM
Veneziavol
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 15 Posts

This one?
Attached Images  
ldamelio (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 09:50 AM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Veneziavol
This one?
Funny, I saw that pic in the 996 forum and that is what made me think about posting here lol. Small world!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:01 PM
bd999
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey everyone! I'm in Chester County and I just bought a GT4. This is my first Porsche and I'm extremely excited to have it.

I believe it qualifies to have the transmission replaced. For those not familiar, there's widespread issues with 981 GT4 transmission and many of them are eligible for replacement by Porsche. I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation for a local dealer and/or service advisor to use for service. This transmission replacement is obviously a pretty big job and I want to make sure it is done right. I'm used to dealing with non-premium brand dealers where the dealers can be pretty hit or miss, not sure if that really applies to Porsche though. The four dealers local to me are Porsche Conshohocken, Porsche of the Main Line, Porsche Warrington, and Porsche Lehigh Valley. A dealer who is somewhat mod friendly would be nice too although I don't plan on doing anything besides exhaust. Or does it not really matter which dealer I choose and just go to whichever dealer is closest?

I hope to connect with some local Porsche owners when the weather gets nicer. I'm frequently at Chester Springs cars and coffee so feel free to come say hi if you see me.

Last edited by bd999; 01-26-2021 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:10 PM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bd999
Hey everyone! I'm in Chester County and I just bought a GT4. This is my first Porsche and I'm extremely excited to have it.

I believe it qualifies to have the transmission replaced. For those not familiar, there's widespread issues with 981 GT4 transmission and many of them are eligible for replacement by Porsche. I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation for a local dealer and/or service advisor to use for service. This transmission replacement is obviously a pretty big job and I want to make sure it is done right. I'm used to dealing with non-premium brand dealers where the dealers can be pretty hit or miss, not sure if that really applies to Porsche though. The four dealers local to me are Porsche Conshohocken, Porsche of the Main Line, Porsche Warrington, and Porsche Lehigh Valley. A dealer who is somewhat mod friendly would be nice too although I don't plan on doing anything besides exhaust. Or does it not really matter which dealer I choose and just go to whichever dealer is closest?

I hope to connect with some local Porsche owners when the weather gets nicer. I'm frequently at Chester Springs cars and coffee so feel free to come say hi if you see me.
Congrats and welcome! Great car! I have dealt with most of those dealers in one capacity or another. As far as dealer work, I think they will all do fine. Of that group I find the Conshy dealer is most mod friendly. My Cayman is tuned with headers and I burned ignition coil #6. They popped a free one in there for me under warranty no questions asked. I like that. That being said for most work I have done to my car, I go to indy shops, but the work in your case you probably need done at a dealer if Porsche is going to foot the bill. Good luck and I will look for you at a c&c sometime. Can't wait until winter is over!

NueveOnce (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 10:44 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 76 Posts

Hi, and welcome aboard. The GT4 looks great, looking forward to seeing you at the C&C this spring / summer. I'm in Chester Springs and get over to Joe's once a month or so. As for our local dealers, I've had good experiences with Porsche MainLine. If you later need a great indy shop, I highly recommend Performance Auto in Malvern: http://www.pfmauto.com/

Good luck with the transmission swap. Hopefully you don't get any pushback
Old 01-27-2021, 05:46 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by targajoe
Congrats and welcome! Great car! I have dealt with most of those dealers in one capacity or another. As far as dealer work, I think they will all do fine. Of that group I find the Conshy dealer is most mod friendly. My Cayman is tuned with headers and I burned ignition coil #6. They popped a free one in there for me under warranty no questions asked. I like that. That being said for most work I have done to my car, I go to indy shops, but the work in your case you probably need done at a dealer if Porsche is going to foot the bill. Good luck and I will look for you at a c&c sometime. Can't wait until winter is over!
Who's you indy? Thanks.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:52 AM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Who's you indy? Thanks.
Same one that @Josh(PA) recommended above. Performance Automotive in Malvern. They have done a decent amount of work on my Cayman so far with more to come in the next couple weeks. I am also going to have them update the IMS in my 996. Good guys, fair prices, and good work.
ldamelio (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 10:09 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 301 Posts

bd999 - Welcome! I too am located in Chester Springs and will more than likely see you at C&C.
That is a VERY sweet car for sure.

In the past I've dealt with Mainline Porsche without any issues. I don't foresee any issues with an exhaust from any dealer really.
Also, get yourself a Numeric shifter. It will take your driving experience to the next level and beyond. You won't believe how sloppy the stock shifter is once you have the Numeric and cables. Yes, it's expensive, but 100% worth it.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:25 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Congrats on the GT4!
We would be happy to connect you with a reputable shop if you're still looking! PM if you have questions.

For all other Philly Rennlisters, Open an invitation for you to come by our HQ in Fort Washington, and check out what we're working on. Have a couple of HUGE products in the mix, always happy to share!

Old 01-27-2021, 02:51 PM
core22
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome, and beautiful car! +1 for Main Line. They went above and beyond for me a few months back with warranty work that surfaced when they installed my PSE exhaust. My SA Tim Naylor was awesome!

West Chester here and regular at Chester Springs as well, black 991.1 C4S. Can't wait till it starts back up when the weather warms up. I haven't been out in a few weeks but some folks have been braving the cold at Northbrook Marketplace on Saturdays.

Last edited by core22; 01-27-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Philly Members?