Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened last nigh Homer. Was a three car race too intimidating.
Patrick and I had at least 3 fun laps, till I hit the wall. yet some how I still got the win.

Well hopefully we will have a better turn out next week. Im beginning to think Im not the only one who hates this car
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Yeah I was a last minute scratch as my daughter came home from college unexpectedly as she has the rest of the week off. Sorry about that, I have every intention of showing up.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

That's cool Tom. I was actually surprised I made it. I walked into the laundry room at 6:30 est to find the inlet hose on the water heater had ruptured and was spewing water every where. I was able to run to the hardware store, replace the line and clean all the water up in just under an hour.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
What happened last nigh Homer. Was a three car race too intimidating.
Patrick and I had at least 3 fun laps, till I hit the wall. yet some how I still got the win.

Well hopefully we will have a better turn out next week. Im beginning to think Im not the only one who hates this car
I had a customer call me in the middle of qualifying to tell me he was headed over, so I had to miss the race plus side, made some money

a shame, Pat was excited, he really likes the Mustang. I do too now that I've gotten it figured out a bit.

so what's going on? is life interfering with everyone's online racing, or is it the car/format/tracks/etc? we can make changes if it means a bigger grid.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Anyone gonna practice tonight?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Indy Rev
Anyone gonna practice tonight?
is there going to be a practice session launched? if so, what time? I might hop in if nothing else is going on.

the esses and T5 at Road Atlanta are tough in the Stang
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

didn't hear anything about a practice session, so I did an official race instead!

I suspect our race should go 18 laps, maybe 19 if an alien (Justin) shows up.

the baseline setup is passable, I think it needs lower front tire pressures and maybe some ARB adjustments to suit. YMMV.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
didn't hear anything about a practice session, so I did an official race instead!

I suspect our race should go 18 laps, maybe 19 if an alien (Justin) shows up.

the baseline setup is passable, I think it needs lower front tire pressures and maybe some ARB adjustments to suit. YMMV.
I'll be there. Just sitting in tokyo airport waiting to board...great trip, great formula 1 race, great culture. I'm about touristed out and ready to get back to my usual life.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

I should make the race tonight. I've been knee deep in chump car work I haven't even had a chance to practice.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I dont think I'll be making it. I had some parts come in on the BRZ I want to get installed tonight before I corner balance and align it this weekend. Sorry.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

bump for tonight!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I caught up to you at the pitstops Chas because I didn't take tires. Would have been close without the crash and Andy's false start.

Here's my line through T5. I don't hassle the curb on entry too much, but I run right over the dirt on exit.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
I caught up to you at the pitstops Chas because I didn't take tires. Would have been close without the crash and Andy's false start.

Here's my line through T5. I don't hassle the curb on entry too much, but I run right over the dirt on exit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoil...=youtube_gdata
I got a lot more curb at the apex than you did, that's what launched my car. I had a great run up til that point. such is life...

I thought about not taking tires but decided they'd be worth it; 18 laps is a lot for the tires on that car. they seem to peak around 10 laps and then fall off a bit thereafter.

Had I not made my 2nd pitstop to repair the damage from my off (my wheel was about 45 degrees off center) I think we would have finished 5-10 seconds apart (you still in the lead).

also, from that video...you're using triple screens, yes? what kind/size? TVs or monitors?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:19 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I use the 24" BENQ 120hz monitors. They did cost more than larger 60hz, but I can never go back to 60. I'm ruined! The reason I went with these ones is that they use a native displayport and my video card has 3 mini DP outputs, so no need for converters and all that crap. I think of it as part of the racing hobby and store my 3 sets of R compound tires next to the computer in the basement to remind me how much cheaper Iracing is even with the 3 screens
Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
I use the 24" BENQ 120hz monitors. They did cost more than larger 60hz, but I can never go back to 60. I'm ruined! The reason I went with these ones is that they use a native displayport and my video card has 3 mini DP outputs, so no need for converters and all that crap. I think of it as part of the racing hobby and store my 3 sets of R compound tires next to the computer in the basement to remind me how much cheaper Iracing is even with the 3 screens
LOL!

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread