Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014 | 11:39 AM
JustinL
Drifting

I'm the opposite Jim. I can't get on with this track at all. I can barely get into the 1:19s consistently. There was one 1:18.1 that I managed in the first practice, but I've never been able to match it. This week will be all about survival for me and hopefully the guys who have found their pace also find some walls.
Old 04-07-2014 | 11:42 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I got home too late and tired to run yesterday. I plan to run a session tonight probably around 8pm EST. So far I've only done that one session in the car and so I don't know if that was ideal conditions and how much things will change under worse conditions.
Old 04-07-2014 | 12:03 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
I got home too late and tired to run yesterday. I plan to run a session tonight probably around 8pm EST. So far I've only done that one session in the car and so I don't know if that was ideal conditions and how much things will change under worse conditions.
8 p

Works for me
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:02 PM
loxner

Lap 1 is going to be pure chaos. Lol.
I'm finally starting to get a hang of the track...couldn't go a lap without tagging a wall for the longest time. The hairpin can cost HUGE amounts of time...I dropped .9sec in that corner alone last night.
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by loxner
Lap 1 is going to be pure chaos. Lol.
I'm finally starting to get a hang of the track...couldn't go a lap without tagging a wall for the longest time. The hairpin can cost HUGE amounts of time...I dropped .9sec in that corner alone last night.
Pretty sure if you can make it past the fountain unscathed you're good to go. That whole section from T1 through threading past the fountain should weed out a good chunk of the field LOL.
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:27 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JustinL
I'm the opposite Jim. I can't get on with this track at all. I can barely get into the 1:19s consistently. There was one 1:18.1 that I managed in the first practice, but I've never been able to match it. This week will be all about survival for me and hopefully the guys who have found their pace also find some walls.
Now I'm going to be even more upset if I miss the race.

Free points against Justin? And I miss it? AUGH!
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:34 PM
BH987S
Rennlist Member

Do you guys use the "Test" feature to practice with cars, fine tune settings and learn tracks?
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:34 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

On a completely off-topic note... anybody know if you can "watch" your own session?

Have a friend who's going to be doing the PCA event up at Road America in a couple weeks. He wanted me to be his coach for the weekend but I can't make it. Figured a little iRacing might be a good primer for him at least. But with the Rift I won't be able to see much, so was hoping to log him in on my sim rig, then "watch" on my laptop or something.

Anybody know if it's possible?
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:37 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BH987S
Do you guys use the "Test" feature to practice with cars, fine tune settings and learn tracks?
I do sometimes but usually just throw up a session for $2 and hope other join as that isn't as dull. Plus I like the realistic weather so I am prepared for most conditions.

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
On a completely off-topic note... anybody know if you can "watch" your own session?

Have a friend who's going to be doing the PCA event up at Road America in a couple weeks. He wanted me to be his coach for the weekend but I can't make it. Figured a little iRacing might be a good primer for him at least. But with the Rift I won't be able to see much, so was hoping to log him in on my sim rig, then "watch" on my laptop or something.

Anybody know if it's possible?
I don't know of a way from the same account, just two accounts and ghosting the other in a public session.
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:46 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I use the test feature when I'm on late at night or early in the morning and no-one is likely to join. Otherwise I'll host a session.

On a related note, what do we do with people who want to join our league that find us through the open hosted sessions? I'd rather keep it to rennlisters and people who are vouched for by rennlisters. If someone posts here and asks to join, they're in, but I'm more hesitant to just let random iracers join the league.
Old 04-07-2014 | 04:58 PM
BH987S
Rennlist Member

I do sometimes but usually just throw up a session for $2 and hope other join as that isn't as dull. Plus I like the realistic weather so I am prepared for most conditions.

That sounds like a good approach. I'll try it.

I don't know of a way from the same account, just two accounts and ghosting the other in a public session.
Check out the Inside Sim Racing forum. They may have a solution for this.
Old 04-07-2014 | 05:00 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

On a related note, what do we do with people who want to join our league that find us through the open hosted sessions? I'd rather keep it to rennlisters and people who are vouched for by rennlisters. If someone posts here and asks to join, they're in, but I'm more hesitant to just let random iracers join the league.
Yeah on thing I've found is that pick up iRacers tend to have a little bit less courtesy because, despite the real name, its a bit anonymous compared to people that take the effort to be on the forum and read this thread. I'd invite them to join the thread and see what happens from there.
Old 04-07-2014 | 05:01 PM
BH987S
Rennlist Member

I use the test feature when I'm on late at night or early in the morning and no-one is likely to join. Otherwise I'll host a session.

I've never raced on iRacing and have thus far limited my track time to DE events. In short, I'm at beginner levels on iRacing and on the track. Think I should ask to join?
Old 04-07-2014 | 05:06 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I've never raced on iRacing and have thus far limited my track time to DE events. In short, I'm at beginner levels on iRacing and on the track. Think I should ask to join?
Yes absolutely. Gotta start somewhere. The people Justin was referring to are others that really have no interest in being on Rennlist and participating here, they just want to join our league probably because of the car we run. They aren't bad people but I think what we have now is a community of racing, not just a hardcore race league.
Old 04-07-2014 | 05:12 PM
BH987S
Rennlist Member

Yes absolutely. Gotta start somewhere. The people Justin was referring to are others that really have no interest in being on Rennlist and participating here, they just want to join our league probably because of the car we run. They aren't bad people but I think what we have now is a community of racing, not just a hardcore race league.
Cool. So, how do I join?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread