Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:13 PM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
The people Justin was referring to are others that really have no interest in being on Rennlist and participating here, they just want to join our league probably because of the car we run. They aren't bad people but I think what we have now is a community of racing, not just a hardcore race league.
Very well-said IMO. Unless they're a good friend of a Rennlister or want to start posting here, I'd say let them stick to our open hosted sessions. I like how currently I can go into Turn 1 off the start and trust (most of the time ) the guy next to me.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
I'd rather keep it to rennlisters and people who are vouched for by rennlisters. If someone posts here and asks to join, they're in, but I'm more hesitant to just let random iracers join the league.
I agree.

I'd rather the request start with an RL'er (or friend of RL'er), vs. the other way around.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:29 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got Krav Maga 7-8

But can host around 845-9

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 04-07-2014, 05:34 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BH987S
Cool. So, how do I join?
Either post up your iracing real name here or pm it to me and I'll add you to the league tonight. That will open up the "official" practices and races to you. You can always join an open practice. The guys here hosting them put up the details in this thread when they are running one. If it's busy and there's a password, it will be posted here.

When we run open practice, maybe don't mention that it's for a league over the comms.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

My session for tonight's practice is already setup. 8pm EST named Rennlist Practice (Long Beach). 2 hours long and public.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

I just found an old iracing image I took a while ago. Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
Yes absolutely. Gotta start somewhere. The people Justin was referring to are others that really have no interest in being on Rennlist and participating here, they just want to join our league probably because of the car we run. They aren't bad people but I think what we have now is a community of racing, not just a hardcore race league.
Really well said, I have started doing some Miata races and a few other sessions, the level of respect is no where near the same outside of our league. Says a lot about Rennlisters
Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
On a completely off-topic note... anybody know if you can "watch" your own session?

Anybody know if it's possible?
Yes...BUT you will need a second iRacing account to do so. My wife's trial account expires in May and isn't being used at all so I am happy to give you access if needed to watch him. PM or email me.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 PM
carmad
Advanced

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Now I'm going to be even more upset if I miss the race.

Free points against Justin? And I miss it? AUGH!
Will miss the race on Wednesday, travelling. Looking forward to Okayama.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just hosted a Mid Ohio session, mini race
Old 04-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Anthony Nguyen
Advanced

so… I have a few questions for you guys.

1. In turn #5. Do you guys try and avoid those rumble strips on the inside of the apex? I feel as though when I hit them, it ruins my turn-in causing me to push to the wall. I know I've seen a few people in our session cut it completely. Let me know what you guys think.

2. This one is probably a dumb question…but do you guys blip the trottle when downshifting? I sometimes have to click a few extra times to get it to go down a gear. Am I just attempting to shift down too quickly and would otherwise be past the limiter?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

1. turn #5, I don't or I might just clip the one on the end.
2. RPM issue, the car will not let you downshift unless you have the RPM down enough unless you use the clutch.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pmason
1. turn #5, I don't or I might just clip the one on the end.
2. RPM issue, the car will not let you downshift unless you have the RPM down enough unless you use the clutch.
For #1 - I messed around with the suspension a bunch and softened everything WAY up. Now I drive straight over the rumble strips and it doesn't upset the car. I get a small "thump" in the steering wheel but that's it.

For #2 - I've noticed issues downshifting too. Part of me was wondering if my button was starting to wear out - but I think it might have something to do with loading the transmission. It doesn't seem to like to downshift unless there is some load going through the trans (either accelerating or braking) and if the tires start to lock (ABS) or the car gets a little air (like over a sharp bump) it doesn't want to downshift. Try downshifting at maintenance throttle at constant speed - it usually won't go.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:01 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

In completely other news, got my son an XBOX ONE for his birthday. (He got it early so mom could see him open it, since she's stuck working a night shift at the hospital on his b-day). We got him Forza 5 for it.

I was playing (or... attempting to play) Forza last night. And holy hell I am spoiled by iRacing. Forza is *beautiful* from a graphics perspective... but utter **** from a physics and car performance perspective. Who knew that a FWD econobox would drift and slide around EVERY turn at Sebring?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 PM
loxner

#1: After I realized it wouldn't give me a 'you cut the course' penalty, I apex at the inner wall and drive straight over all the rumblestrips in Turn 5. I've found it lets me carry more speed and get on throttle way earlier, but YMMV.

#2: IMO this trans has been a PITA ever since they did that first update to the car. I've found waiting longer to downshift seems to help, but it doesn't work all the time.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread