Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will start by apologizing if I took anyone out- it was my first time out on iRacing. Had a blast, started 20th finished 7th, thanks to the carnage at T1 on the opening lap. Cheers to Phil Mason, it was fun chasing you!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
George_B
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry, i was one of the guys that left in frustration (my own fault). But is there some one who could provide me with the replay ?

Thanks in advance.

(Sigh) Off to Daytona !

Regards,

George (SpeedBump)
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

George, no problem, that was my first time last month, wrecked the car, tow to the pits spending all that time in the pits waiting and even then the min fixes the car still wouldn't even drive. Done that been there, don't worry you will get the hang of it quickly.
Chris, as long as I was in front :-), but you figured it out, keep your nose clean and you finish well.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by George_B
I'm sorry, i was one of the guys that left in frustration (my own fault). But is there some one who could provide me with the replay ?

Thanks in advance.

(Sigh) Off to Daytona !

Regards,

George (SpeedBump)
Here is the replay from last night: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7p5x4efna...ock%20Race.rpy

It wasn't a pretty race but I still had fun. Did anyone else feel like they lost tires a bit towards the end of the race, or is that just me trying to blame something for my lack of skill? My rear end slid out on turn 3 twice (i think) towards the end of the race and I went into the grass.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TrackdayRSA.
I will start by apologizing if I took anyone out- it was my first time out on iRacing. Had a blast, started 20th finished 7th, thanks to the carnage at T1 on the opening lap. Cheers to Phil Mason, it was fun chasing you!
If that was your first race on iracing you did AWESOME! Congrats on earning some points and having a super low incident race.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I think all the new guys did great. I'm sure you were nervous like we all get and I wish I could say it goes away but it really doesnt fully and that is part of what makes it thrilling and immersive. Just remember if a faster car is coming up behind you, please hold your line and run like that person isnt there. Sure you can back off of the gas on the straight but don't move around on purpose, it is the last thing people would expect and causes incidents. Also, if you go off the track, stay off until the group behind clears no matter how sure you are you can re-enter safely at speed. Last but not least, take it easy on the first 3 laps, if you can survive those incident free, you'll have a much more fun time racing rather than repairing and worse yet causing someone else repairs. Incidents will always happens so you can't always avoid them, but just those three things can keep the number and severity down quite a bit. I did forget one, seat time, I saw people improve hugely from practice to quali to the race and I loved how everyone tried to drive a clean race with so much respectful chatter on comms. Good times!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great fun, not so great race An horrible pile up at the start in turn one. Some people have situation awareness issues

Oh and please, turn your radio on!! Some people, I won't mention names, cough couhg! #4 cough, would have really benefited from it.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
Did anyone else feel like they lost tires a bit towards the end of the race, or is that just me trying to blame something for my lack of skill? My rear end slid out on turn 3 twice (i think) towards the end of the race and I went into the grass.
My tires started going off around lap 23 or so. I could still run in the 48s at times but it was much harder and I started putting wheels off here and there racking up +1 incidents.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:59 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sysgen
Great fun, not so great race An horrible pile up at the start in turn one. Some people have situation awareness issues
Please don't single out people. Some are new, some make a mistake and sometimes it is really YOU not them. This is friendly racing, if have a beef with someone, try to handle it privately first. I don't believe for a second anything from last night was intentional, stuff just happens especially in a new league.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
Please don't single out people. Some are new, some make a mistake and sometimes it is really YOU not them. This is friendly racing, if have a beef with someone, try to handle it privately first. I don't believe for a second anything from last night was intentional, stuff just happens especially in a new league.
You clearly misunderstood my message, I don't have a beef against him, I'm telling him and encouraging him to turn on his radio, that is all. Where do you see a beef in that? The situation awarness issue mentioned above is not related to the radio comment, hence the paragraphe seperation.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:13 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Last night on the radio you did. While I don't disagree everyone should have their radio on, I didn't have any problems passing that person...
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Again I just asked if his radio was on, nothing bad was said, no beef given.

I've been a member for long enough to know how it works.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

You sounded angry on the radio, maybe you didn't think so but I did. Just saying tone it down, this is for fun regardless if you know how it works. People who are new and hear they have frustrated people will just leave as you should know by now. Part of why last night was fun was the fact we had a 22 car field. I hope it grows as I was around when there were less than 8 of us and it is a lot less fun.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

I have a strange feeling he's a friend of yours
Old 01-16-2014, 11:28 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sysgen
I have a strange feeling he's a friend of yours
Alright guys, I think that's enough about that topic.

Does anyone have a Daytona setup yet?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread