Notices

Have no clue... Aim already installed in car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:41 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have no clue... Aim already installed in car.

I recently purchased my Clubsport and the car came with the Aim Camera installed and wired. I have turned the car on and see it works, but beyond that I am clueless. I don't have any knowledge of the system and the website seems a bit useless to me. Is it pretty simple to get going? Maybe I just need a SD card? Just looking for some basic advice. Thank you
Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Super easy! If it's in there, put a 32 GB card in it and test it.

David and Ellen Ferguson in CA are your best (near) local resources.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Super easy! If it's in there, put a 32 GB card in it and test it.

David and Ellen Ferguson in CA are your best (near) local resources.
So will it automatically record then? I am used to GO Pro etc, but this is very new to me. I guess you just pull the card out when done and load it? I know it automatically powers up when the car comes on. It must use GPS to locate the track you are on?
Old 05-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

It will auto turn on, start recording, stop recording, and shut off. All you need is the memory card in there and you are all set. When you take the card out, it will have whatever data on the Video that was set up in the camera. You can change the overlay as well, but it's probably easiest for you to try using it as is.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:58 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Actually, this camera is part of a system required in the Pirelli GT3 Cup on the West Coast and in the PCA Pirelli Trophy East series on the East Coast.

After you place a 32 GB or smaller Class 10 SD card in your SmartyCam, the MoTeC C125 display logger (and the GPS antenna already connected to it) will supply power to turn it on, turn it off as well as the signal (speed, generally) to begin recording as well as stop recording when it goes below a certain speed for a certain time. All automatic.

The purpose of this is to insure that series officials have a video complete with speed, throttle, brakes, lap count, lap time, day and date to review in case of incidents on track.

It's good Video and it's recommended.

Have fun!
Old 05-05-2017, 02:27 AM
cwcsvt
Racer

Default It worked!

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
It will auto turn on, start recording, stop recording, and shut off. All you need is the memory card in there and you are all set. When you take the card out, it will have whatever data on the Video that was set up in the camera. You can change the overlay as well, but it's probably easiest for you to try using it as is.
Had a great first day on the track with the car and even got a little video. It wasn't picking up my lap times for some reason. Need to brush up better on how to use it. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:36 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cwcsvt
Had a great first day on the track with the car and even got a little video. It wasn't picking up my lap times for some reason. Need to brush up better on how to use it. Thanks for the advice.
On the West Coast, Chris Brown (CB Racing) is the fellow who sold and sells these mandated systems for the series. He can help, but all you need to do is add the track coordinates to the SmartyCam itself using AIM's PaceStudio 3 program. Add all the tracks your likely to go to and then it will time laps automatically. Fun cars!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Here is the video on how to add tracks to your camera

Like Peter said, add any tracks you think you will go to. There is plenty of memory to hold everything you might need so that it all works automatically without you having to remember to do anything.

Post back if you have any trouble and we'll get you squared away.

Quick Reply: Have no clue... Aim already installed in car.