Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts
Default Traqmate Stops Production

Saw this at http://mazdaracers.com/topic/5770-tr...ic/#entry90457

Jim is a big Traqmate guy, so I would believe what he posted.

Dear Valued Traqmate Customer,

Thank you for your continued support. This letter is to inform you that due to the discontinuation of key components, the Traqmate Basic and Traqdash systems will no longer be manufactured.

We have a few Traqdash systems remaining in stock and have reserved enough spare parts to provide repair services throughout the warranty period and beyond.

Traqmate accessory items, such as camera systems and Traqdata input modules will continue to be available. Replacement items such as cables and GPS antennas will also be available on the Traqmate online store.

Thank you again for your patronage,

Glenn Stephens
President
Track Systems Techologies, LLC
Old 05-31-2016, 11:52 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Time for AiM to offer a trade-in deal and capture that market.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Over the last six years, AiM has made big inroads, without offering a trade-in deal...

That said, Traqmate still works and it's a simple, accurate system.

Plus, it does things no AiM, MoTeC, Race-Keeper, Race-Technology, Cosworth, Pi or Bosch system will ever do...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwasilko
Time for AiM to offer a trade-in deal and capture that market.
I would be willing to help people out if they want to switch from Traqmate to AiM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

What a pity.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I would be willing to help people out if they want to switch from Traqmate to AiM.
I've been doing that for years...
Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I've been doing that for years...
We both have!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
We both have!

Joe, Jerry and I miss you here at the Glen!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach

Joe, Jerry and I miss you here at the Glen!
Having been there 12 of the last 30 days, I miss it too! With 2 small kids, time home is important and eventually I have to get things done at the office.

Tell those guys and Pete that I said Hi!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I understand. Six days straight here (after thirty years coming here) certainly is good!
Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just saw this on their website today, I sent my system to them on Monday because the screen has stopped working, not sure what will happen now.....

So a ? to the experts, for an ex racer just doing DE/Lapping days and been happy with the Traqmate for many years, whats the best way to go?
Old 06-09-2016, 03:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by trophy
So a ? to the experts, for an ex racer just doing DE/Lapping days and been happy with the Traqmate for many years, whats the best way to go?
NO PROBLEM GETTING YOUR STUFF FIXED, right now.

So, the fix for your dash (I am assuming it's a TraqDash) is a new rubber gasket that makes the touchscreen work reliably and is really the only service item on these things. When the gasket fails, the touchscreen works intermittently and by itself.

Traqmate's are strong, simple and last a LONG time (I have several that I sold over ten years ago going strong), the analysis software works fine, the video and data synching works fine (I still like TraqStudio better than RaceRender) and ALL of these systems, barring mechanical damage, should work fine for many more years.

I DO recommend a replacement of the GPS antenna every three to five years, but that is a commercially sourced product (that I buy from Traqmate). These systems either work, or they don't.

If you have a failure that is not easily rectified by Traqmate's service department (which has ample supplies of replacement parts, boards, screens, o-rings, connectors and antennas), THEN you should investigate an alternative.

The two alternatives that are most popular are AiM Sportline components or the Video VBOX equipment for those who want an integrated data/video solution.

The AiM Solo is pretty much an all-in-one Traqmate Classic Complete, without RPM and sensor inputs, the Solo DL is for newer cars with an OBD-II or CAN connection and can drive a SmartyCam HD Rev2 camera as an integrated, automated solution. The downside of the AiM Solo DL/SCHD combo is there is NO way to add RPM or sensor inputs from older cars.

The VVBox allows side-by-side comparison and is very compact, allowing most of the same measures to be shown and compared, including RPM. The price of their standard def two-camera system is the same as a TraqDash HD Complete with the Prime-X camera. Their new 2-camera HD system is superb and VERY well built, compared to Traqmate and AiM (primarily the connectors and cables for the latter, same as Traqmate).

The price of the Solo DL/SmartyCam HD combinaton is the same as the 2-camera VVBOX Lite or the TraqDash HD Complete with the Prime-X camera, so there is no big price premium.

Be glad to talk about this offline, but this is only an issue for existing Traqmate owners and users if they have some catastrophic failure or want to take advantage of more powerful software or video comparison.

The alternatives, in my opinion, are easier to use now than the TM. Most folks don't want to jump through the hoops of syncing the data and caring for the separate boxes/cameras that the Traqmate uses to generate the final product. The "one-box" VVBox solution and the rugged, automated and powerful aspects of the AiM Sportline products are compelling.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:47 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Peter for the response much appreciated. Sorry for the additional ?'s below.

I have an aftermarket ecu (ViPec) running the car that has CAN output so could potentially get vehicle data to the Solo DL.

What about something like the MXL2 / MXS / MXG dash, the idea of having data from my ECU on display is a compelling one, especially combined with the GPS/3 Axis data.

Or could AiM Evo4, plus a separate display be a better option. I assume the Evo 4 really is a professional grade system.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by trophy
Thanks Peter for the response much appreciated. Sorry for the additional ?'s below.

I have an aftermarket ecu (ViPec) running the car that has CAN output so could potentially get vehicle data to the Solo DL.

What about something like the MXL2 / MXS / MXG dash, the idea of having data from my ECU on display is a compelling one, especially combined with the GPS/3 Axis data.

Or could AiM Evo4, plus a separate display be a better option. I assume the Evo 4 really is a professional grade system.
Yes, with the Vi-Pec V44 and V88, you can get quite a bit, depending on the age and firmware installed on the ECU. See here: http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/dow...g.htm#racing48

The CAN out from the ECU will feed and give the same information to any AiM device that connects to VEHICLE CAN (Solo DL/EVO4/all dashes), so that would be good. You still need (IMO) brake pressure and a few other sensors, and not all the stuff fed to the ECU makes it through to the CAN feed out of it to the logger, but this could be very good and very easy for you!

The EVO4/G-Dash or MXL-Dash is a little older, more compact and doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles as the new dashes (MXL2/MXG/MXS), but it's less expensive (at least with the G-Dash) and that's what I have in my car.

I'd be glad to make you a deal on MXL2 or MXG, as I have a fair bit of stock right now! The beauty of these dashes is that they are all self contained, have wireless downloads and are very powerful and well built.

The THREE reasons why people move away from Traqmate are:

1) No connection to CAN/OBDII. A lot of information is there, you just can't get it into the Traqmate.
2) Instrument cluster replacement. While the touchscreen is nice, I wouldn't use it as a VEHICLE HEALTH instrument cluster replacement because I don't trust the sensors or the conversion that needs to be entered into the TM for MISSION CRITICAL measures (oil pressure/temps)
3) Integrated video. With TM, you have to marry the video with the data after the fact and are limited in the amount of information you can write onto the video (unless you do racerender and have good sensors), with AiM, one cable to the SmartyCam HD and the camera is completely automated, writing the information ON the 720P video real-time. No batteries to charge, no buttons to push, no software hoops to jump through.

The world has changed in the last decade...
Old 06-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I base the decision on AiM products based on people's needs. If someone just wants to log data and get a basic display, then the Solo or Solo DL work terrific.

If you want a dash replacement, then you want an MXL2, MXS, or MXG. The hardware is the same so it comes down to what display you like.

The Evo4 is great with a GDash , but I think the newer hardware is worth more than the extra price. I also like the display on the full dashes better, but that is a personal choice.

I can offer a pretty steep credit for a trade in of ANY part of a Traqmate system (even just a cable).

Quick Reply: Traqmate Stops Production