Notices

New version of Porsche Track Precision available!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Errsomeone
Version 2.1 has been released for iOS.
Thanks for the info!!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:12 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

for those of you who use or love the TPA
cross post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acq...l#post14409592
Old 10-01-2017, 03:08 PM
jj99c2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the PTPA last week on IOS11/iPhone7/2016 GT3 and had okay results. I had tried it previously and the data/video were way out of sync so it was useless. No crashes across 10 sessions on the track.

The biggest problem I had was inaccurate GPS which causes it to miss start/finish, record some odd traces (ie track crossing itself, etc). Has anyone used an external GPS that worked well?

Also, neither of my local tracks are in the database (Pacific Raceways, Ridge Motorsports Park) so I can't get lap timing/etc on the display. I did record the start / finish inside of the app. Is there anyway to create an "official" track for the app so you can get timing on the display?
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jj99c2
I used the PTPA last week on IOS11/iPhone7/2016 GT3 and had okay results. I had tried it previously and the data/video were way out of sync so it was useless. No crashes across 10 sessions on the track.

The biggest problem I had was inaccurate GPS which causes it to miss start/finish, record some odd traces (ie track crossing itself, etc). Has anyone used an external GPS that worked well?
Been using VBox Sport and works great. Been at VIR this weekend with the latest (version 2.2). I have seen this same start/finish issue before during one session at Watkins Glen when I neglected to turn on the VBox, so that was on me not the app.

Will post some more notes in the latest versions in another note. But the iPhone has been continuing to improve and has been performing reliably for me.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:42 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Been using VBox Sport and works great. Been at VIR this weekend with the latest (version 2.2). I have seen this same start/finish issue before during one session at Watkins Glen when I neglected to turn on the VBox, so that was on me not the app.

Will post some more notes in the latest versions in another note. But the iPhone has been continuing to improve and has been performing reliably for me.
That’s so good to hear. I’ve been selling quite a few VBOX Sports to PPTA users with good result. I tend to default to the .vbo files produce by the VBS first, but it’s a nice app and finally reaching a usable, consistent and reliable functionality.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:34 PM
jj99c2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Errsomeone! I will give the VBOX Sport a try.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Joe Weinstein
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I love the VBOX Sport.

Now if the Porsche App worked for Android, it'd be a blessing. For their safety, Porsche has hidden everyone on their staff that knows anything technical about the app into their witness protection program. Emails to PNA go unanswered.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:21 PM
jkm155
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Porsche Track Precision App was working fine, until I upgraded the app to version 2.2 and my iPhone to iOS 11. Now, whenever I try to access "Records" or "Analysis" under the app, it immediately shuts down. I'm reluctant to delete and reinstall the app for fear of losing my data. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any ideas? I've reached out to PCNA, but no fix yet. Thx.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:59 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jkm155
My Porsche Track Precision App was working fine, until I upgraded the app to version 2.2 and my iPhone to iOS 11. Now, whenever I try to access "Records" or "Analysis" under the app, it immediately shuts down. I'm reluctant to delete and reinstall the app for fear of losing my data. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any ideas? I've reached out to PCNA, but no fix yet. Thx.
I have v2.2 and iOS 11.0.3. Just checked and I can read and analyze existing records. Check your memory to make sure you have plenty available. There is a blurb at the bottom of the What's New section in the App Store that mentions they recommend only 64-bit devices, which could imply they have moved to 64-bit and are now able to use more memory...
Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 AM
jkm155
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Aryork. I'm also running iOS 11.03 on an iPhone 7, so I the 64-bit requirement shouldn't be an issue. I've only used 90GB of 256GB on the phone. I've reached out to PCNA and they originally gave me a possible fix involving transferring the data to my laptop and then deleting and reinstalling the App on my iPhone. Unfortunately, their protocol for removing the data no longer works under iOS 11.03. I'm currently waiting for them to give me direction on how to remove the data, so I can reinstall the app.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Thanks Aryork. I'm also running iOS 11.03 on an iPhone 7, so ....
Ah, that's one difference. I have an iPhone 6 (64G). You would guess newer would be better, but who knows...
Old 10-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Aryork. I'm also running iOS 11.03 on an iPhone 7, so I the 64-bit requirement shouldn't be an issue. I've only used 90GB of 256GB on the phone. I've reached out to PCNA and they originally gave me a possible fix involving transferring the data to my laptop and then deleting and reinstalling the App on my iPhone. Unfortunately, their protocol for removing the data no longer works under iOS 11.03. I'm currently waiting for them to give me direction on how to remove the data, so I can reinstall the app.
JKM,

When I upgraded to the latest version of PTPA (v. 2.2) I experienced the same as you describe, app crashing upon opening. Deleting the app and reinstalling was required to resolve.

Unfortunately this meant that I lost the data previously saved. Though, since I pull copies of my sessions over to my computer, I had copies that could be reimported. Not exactly a desired path but it was what was required for me.

As for phone, I am still using a 5S and still works well. I have run v2.2 with both iOS 10 and 11 now,
Old 12-04-2017, 06:18 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

HELP...I am totally lost in trying to use this Porsche Track App. It recorded video and gave me lap times for Sebring..but the video and the accelerator - brake graphic are not synced up and the speed is in kilometers.

I can't figure out how to change the setting to MPH and get the video and the steering, throttle, brake and tach all sync'd up.

Also I can't figure out this ghost car thing or how the view my squiggly lines data and so forth. I see nothing in settings for this stuff.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:16 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I assume mph vs km has to do with the local/language/region setting of your phone or appstore

not sure about the out of sync issue. I have never seen that.

it is easy to test by driving at legal/safe speed around your block and record it as a track.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcD147
I assume mph vs km has to do with the local/language/region setting of your phone or appstore

not sure about the out of sync issue. I have never seen that.

it is easy to test by driving at legal/safe speed around your block and record it as a track.
well I live in Florida...so kilometer are not used here. iPhone 7+ ios11 is with Verizon a USA carrier and AppStore is USA.

Last edited by mdrums; 12-05-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: New version of Porsche Track Precision available!