Notices

MXL2, MXG, MXS and RS3 Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wparente
To anyone- In the set-up for the dash to start recording in RS3 for an MXL2 I am a little fuzzy on how it functions, it was my first time out last weekend. If you set it up to start recording with a certain combination of rpms and speed, say 50 mph and 5000 rpms will it record until you shut it off or will it stop recording if you drop under those variables. I had a similar situation to Jeff this weekend but just wrote it off to the start recording variables I had set.
I was trying to eliminate recording the trips to the grid but in all reality with as much memory as it has it probably doesn't matter. I think I'm going to go with 10mph and 1000 rpm to get the hole race to record, because it was cut up into a bunch of segments with the 50mph and 5000 rpm setting.
In your example you will get data logging when the speed is above 50mph and the RPM is above 5000rpm but the system has a 3 sec buffer so one or the other can drop below but after 3sec, the data logging will stop. This was introduced with firmware 1.12.24 so make sure your firmware is newer than that. Your strategy is correct, I think your numbers are just a little high. I would go with maybe 1500rpm and 20mph. This should capture everything on the track and nothing in the paddock or in the shop.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 PM
wparente
Intermediate

Roger - I suspected it was something like you described. It sure would be useful to be able to control that 3 second variable to keep the race laps together for those rare occasions where you momentarily get below the settings while taking an unexpected detour and sometimes come to a complete stop awaiting directions from the corner workers!
Bill Parenteau
Old 05-25-2015, 08:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by wparente
It sure would be useful to be able to control that 3 second variable to keep the race laps together for those rare occasions where you momentarily get below the settings while taking an unexpected detour and sometimes come to a complete stop awaiting directions from the corner workers!
Bill Parenteau
In that case, Bill, you have more to worry about than the data!

Seriously, there are a lot of people tracking engine hours under load and other engine health issues, so 30 mph and above 1000 rpm works fine for that.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Bill,

I agree and will continue to see if we can get that changed.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

In my case I think the MXL2 was set to record at RPM higher than 500 (the default?).
Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Originally Posted by Caddell
Jeff,

Can you send me a data and configuration file from when the issue was happening?

I have not heard of anybody else with this issue.
I looked at my SCHD config again and all of the channels that were intermittent (water temp and TPS) were via CAN from the Haltech ECU. The data is there in the datalogger file (and I know I was getting RPM from the ECU because the shift lights were working.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Italy has already asked for the data file and configuration file. Please also send the S/F line coordinates you used for lap timing. Thanks Jeff, we will get to the bottom of it!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwasilko
In my case I think the MXL2 was set to record at RPM higher than 500 (the default?).
The default in the current firmware is greater than 500rpm OR greater than 6mph.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Here's a clip of the SCHD video.

Note how when the car crosses start finish the lap time goes from 1:55 to 4:51 immediately:

Old 05-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Caddell
Instructor

The video in 'private' Jeff. Dont want me to see it?? :-)
Old 05-25-2015, 09:49 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Originally Posted by Caddell
The video in 'private' Jeff. Dont want me to see it?? :-)
Whoops. I was hoping the link to it would work...didn't want to make it public. It's public now. I'm sending you the data now.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:03 AM
kb58
Advanced

I'm running an MXS and set up LED 3 (lower left-hand warning light) to light up yellow for low fuel indications. Twice the LED has come on but instead of yellow, one time it was blue and the other time green. Anyone else having warnings coming up with different colors than what you programmed?
Old 06-21-2015, 10:26 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Originally Posted by kb58
I'm running an MXS and set up LED 3 (lower left-hand warning light) to light up yellow for low fuel indications. Twice the LED has come on but instead of yellow, one time it was blue and the other time green. Anyone else having warnings coming up with different colors than what you programmed?
I don't think I've seen that. I've got a couple of warnings that I see regularly (cold coolant and low coolant pressure) and they've always been the right colors.

RS3 says 1.14.55 is out now, but the release notes don't cover it yet. Any one in the know willing to share?

-j
Old 06-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
I haven't head of this anywhere. How many alarms do you have?
Old 06-22-2015, 04:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I haven't head of this anywhere. How many alarms do you have?
Never heard of this either, but multiple alarms can be set for each LED... IIRC.

Quick Reply: MXL2, MXG, MXS and RS3 Update