MXL2, MXG, MXS and RS3 Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 08:48 PM
KgnAtt
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MXG unit connected as MXL2

Hi,
I have just purchased a 2nd unit of MXG, brand new.

Upon initial connection with RS3(ver. 3.07.03), the connected device was MXL2.
then, I successfully upgraded to latest firmware(01.18.07), and can be verified in the Firmware-tab in RS3. However, device is still identified as MXL2, despite I renamed the device as MXG. the dash is also just a black screen.

The problem I have now is the TRANSMIT button is greyed and I cant send the display setting to the dash.

I read the first article post bt KB58 >>
RS3 sees the dash but the "Transmit" button is grayed out; I can't send new screen configurations
The dash configuration software handles the MXL2, MXG and MXS, and they're each electrically different due to the different displays. What's happening is that you inadvertently selected the wrong model; pick the right model and the Transmit button will go live. Obviously, the PC also needs to be connected to the dash and the dash be powered up.

need your expertise to assist on this matter.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by KgnAtt
Hi,
I have just purchased a 2nd unit of MXG, brand new.

Upon initial connection with RS3(ver. 3.07.03), the connected device was MXL2.
then, I successfully upgraded to latest firmware(01.18.07), and can be verified in the Firmware-tab in RS3. However, device is still identified as MXL2, despite I renamed the device as MXG. the dash is also just a black screen.

The problem I have now is the TRANSMIT button is greyed and I cant send the display setting to the dash.

I read the first article post bt KB58 >>
RS3 sees the dash but the "Transmit" button is grayed out; I can't send new screen configurations
The dash configuration software handles the MXL2, MXG and MXS, and they're each electrically different due to the different displays. What's happening is that you inadvertently selected the wrong model; pick the right model and the Transmit button will go live. Obviously, the PC also needs to be connected to the dash and the dash be powered up.

need your expertise to assist on this matter.
I haven't seen that problem before. I would say unless Peter or Jerry have an idea, give AiM a all tomorrow morning and see what they say.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Check with your country's dealer:

N1 RACING TEAM SDN BHD
No. 8, SS13/3D, Subang Jaya Industrial Park,
47500, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel.: 03-56365557
n1r@n1racing.net | www.n1racing.net
Sector: Car
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

AiM released a big update to RS3 and firmware for the MXL2, MXS, and MXG today. They are available in the update button in RS3. The list of things updated is at http://www.aim-sportline.com/downloa...se_history.pdf

Notice that to take advantage of some of these features, you have to make sure you have the latest firmware in the dash that was just released.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:43 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found the "Transmit" button is greyed out if the unit is not "connected' to the laptop. I've been a bit frustrated with RS 3 releases after 1.07.00 including 1.08.00. I even backdated to 1.07.00 until 1.08.00 was released. My problem was that I had had to keep switching between USB connection and WIFI, even though I set up WIFI properly and I gave it plenty of time to refresh. The dash was struggling to connect with WIFI. Many times it connected to WIFI just after it connected with USB. I've loved the WIFI feature until recently, something seems to be different.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

There was a big firmware update today for the MXL2, MXS, and MXG. It included fixing calcualated gear channel graphics, custom position sensor measures, negative numbers on SC videos, Wi Fi improvements, and a new menu option for manually adjusting screen brightness.

Remember to get these, you download the update into RS3 and then connect to your logger and update it from inside RS3.

Quick Reply: MXL2, MXG, MXS and RS3 Update