Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:54 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by jwasilko
Thanks for sharing that.
Jeff, the odo mile/km confusion has been fixed in this release, too. I did a fuel calculation and it began reading in miles accurately.

I did not have to build a new config to make this work, but I discovered later (second and third runs after the update and implementation of the PreCalc Gear) that I have a bug or two (lost the PreCalc after power cycles), so I think I will do what gobuffs did. Build a new one.

Eventually, this won't be necessary, IMO, as the releases become less groundbreaking. Just thankful for the implementation of new features. Italy says they're hoping implementation of WiFi is next...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Thanks for sharing that. Wish this stuff came with some sort of release notes....
What sort of release notes do you want? What I posted is what they put on the website and have always done.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:51 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
What sort of release notes do you want? What I posted is what they put on the website and have always done.
For example, for the new gear calc feature:
  • How to configure it
  • How to Convert from the old style config
Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

For example, for the new gear calc feature:
  • How to configure it
  • How to Convert from the old style config
One thing that is promising is that the Italian factory had hired a trained technical writer from the German importer to finish just this sort of thing. It's coming...
Old 05-13-2015, 11:27 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Originally Posted by ProCoach
One thing that is promising is that the Italian factory had hired a trained technical writer from the German importer to finish just this sort of thing. It's coming...
Is that me-mo-tec.com ? They seem to know their stuff.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Is that me-mo-tec.com ? They seem to know their stuff.
Yes, the woman worked for Memotec for awhile before being headhunted by AiM.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:14 PM
jwasilko
Racer

I upgraded tonight and the odometers look good now. I deleted the old gear channel and was able to create a new one. I wasn't able to test the display though.

-j
Old 05-23-2015, 02:41 PM
kb58
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New web updates management: now it is possible to download device firmware even if no device is connected. Devices will be updatable once connected

Now it is possible to show odometers and lap times information on the display and to remove undesired fields
I downloaded it via cable, figuring/hoping that it needs the new sw in place first before it can do wireless downloads. It's kind of funny how it says that firmware can be loaded with no device connected, but also says devices will be updated once connected? Wirelessly I guess.

Can't figure out how to display the odometer; it doesn't appear on any the list of display variables in the new RS3 app. I finally found it by going into the menus via the buttons on the side of the dash. With no explanation in the "manual", apparently this is the only way to view the value.

Last edited by kb58; 05-23-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
I downloaded it via cable, figuring/hoping that it needs the new sw in place first before it can do wireless downloads. It's kind of funny how it says that firmware can be loaded with no device connected, but also says devices will be updated once connected? Wirelessly I guess.

Can't figure out how to display the odometer; it doesn't appear on any the list of display variables in the new RS3 app. I finally found it by going into the menus via the buttons on the side of the dash. With no explanation in the "manual", apparently this is the only way to view the value.
The not connected part is that it will download the new firmware without being connected to the dash. It will then update the dash without being connected to the internet (which a lot of people had trouble with at the track).

You can view the odometers on the righthand (firmware?) tab in RS3 when connected to the dash.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
You can view the odometers on the righthand (firmware?) tab in RS3 when connected to the dash.
You can also view and reset the odometers (as many as you load in the software and transmit to the dash) ON THE DASH DISPLAY after updating the firmware and power cycling the dash using the menu and forward buttons on ths side of the dash. Nice new feature.

You can also set day/date and time.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:42 PM
kb58
Advanced

Regarding the odometer, where is it getting the signal that it's totalizing? Seems like it could be the speed signal from CAN, a signal from the speed sensor on the transmission, a wheel sensor, or GPS speed.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:30 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Default issues with new mxl2 code (1.14.42)?

I was at a brand new race track in the northeast (Palmer Motorsports Park) for 2 days over the weekend. I upgraded my MXL2 to 1.14.42 and set up the new gear calc channel. I also upgraded the SCHD to 1.03.42.

I had been at this track two weeks prior, and no issues with the dash or camera. With the dash running 1.14.42, I was getting laps combined together or short (I'd see 40 or 50 second laps followed by 2 or 4 minute laps).

I tried re-downloading the start-finish point to the GPS and that didn't help. During one session, the SCHD acted like the channels coming from the MXL2 were dropping out periodically (they'd drop to 0 and then come back to a normal value, sometimes many times a second).

Also, the new gear calc channel using tire diameter and driveline info didn't appear to work at all.

After that, I downgraded the dash to the previous version I had on the laptop (maybe 1.12.50) and didn't run into any more problems that day or the next.

I'll be following up with AiM on Tuesday, but wanted to see if anyone has seen this.

-jeff
Old 05-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Jeff,

Can you send me a data and configuration file from when the issue was happening?

I have not heard of anybody else with this issue.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:43 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Originally Posted by Caddell
Jeff,

Can you send me a data and configuration file from when the issue was happening?

I have not heard of anybody else with this issue.
Will do. I'll send it tomorrow. I'll also try to pull out a snip of the SCHD video.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 PM
wparente
Intermediate

To anyone- In the set-up for the dash to start recording in RS3 for an MXL2 I am a little fuzzy on how it functions, it was my first time out last weekend. If you set it up to start recording with a certain combination of rpms and speed, say 50 mph and 5000 rpms will it record until you shut it off or will it stop recording if you drop under those variables. I had a similar situation to Jeff this weekend but just wrote it off to the start recording variables I had set.
I was trying to eliminate recording the trips to the grid but in all reality with as much memory as it has it probably doesn't matter. I think I'm going to go with 10mph and 1000 rpm to get the hole race to record, because it was cut up into a bunch of segments with the 50mph and 5000 rpm setting.

Quick Reply: MXL2, MXG, MXS and RS3 Update