Old 10-29-2023, 12:58 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

You can make your won, but it's a bit more work. I'd ask in the GT3 forum and see if anyone knows. If not, then google, if not, then empty the tank, take a reading, and make your own.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:52 PM
T3C
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
You can make your won, but it's a bit more work. I'd ask in the GT3 forum and see if anyone knows. If not, then google, if not, then empty the tank, take a reading, and make your own.
Ok. Exactly which cable and resistor do I need for this? Am I tapping into the wire in the dash that displays fuel level? Any pics or links to what the wiring is supposed to look like?
Old 10-29-2023, 06:19 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by T3C
Ok. Exactly which cable and resistor do I need for this? Am I tapping into the wire in the dash that displays fuel level? Any pics or links to what the wiring is supposed to look like?
The resistor value is calculated based off the full and empty readings from the sender. Then it can be done a few ways. It can be in the Binder connector or at the connection to the sender. If you have a good spot to connect at the dash, then you can put it in the connector and just have a short connection lead.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:11 PM
T3C
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The resistor value is calculated based off the full and empty readings from the sender. Then it can be done a few ways. It can be in the Binder connector or at the connection to the sender. If you have a good spot to connect at the dash, then you can put it in the connector and just have a short connection lead.
I understand that as the fuel drops it sends a different signal to be interpreted as a change in volume. What I am asking is: what wires do I need?

I'm guessing that I need to buy one of these 712-719 patch cables to plug into the channel hub, correct? What plugs into the other end of that patch cable, and where does it go/tap into?
Old 10-29-2023, 10:30 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You have the plastic data hubs that have (4) five pin connectors. Those are like power strips for AiM expansion items. Then you have metal channel expansions that have (4) four pin connectors. The channel expansion lets you add analog sensors. Based on what you posted, it looks like you have analog channels open on the main 37 pin harness. For those, you would use a 719-719 patch cable. If you are connecting to a channel expansion, then you need the 712-719 patch cables. If you wanted to make your own, you can buy just the connector, put the resistor into the connector, and then run the leads to your connection.

The sensor and ground wire from the patch cable need the pull up resistor tied in like shown below. I would have to look some more, but I think this thread has the wires shown at the fuel tank https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...de-inside.html If you grab the wiring diagram for your car, you should be able to see which wires are used at the gauge.

Pull up wiring

The following users liked this post:
T3C (10-30-2023)

Quick Reply: AiM MXS install into 996 GT3