Notices

AiM RS3 Analysis Beta Released Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 02:38 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

There's always some good information in them...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-26-2020, 11:15 AM
GT3_Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts

TTT......

I was able to upgrade to a used Solo2 DL and sell my .1.

Amazing how they keep their value. If you are on the fence of buying a Smartycam, don't be afraid, they depreciate very little.

And Only buy from Peter or Matt!! Their level of support to the comunity is 2nd to none.

Downloading RS3 and beta3 now. All configuring of Solo2 and smartycam are done in RS3, correct?

Do I still need Race Studio 2 for Analysis?

Can't wait to try the video comparison. Looks GREAT

Thanks
Old 08-26-2020, 12:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3_Driver
TTT......

Amazing how they keep their value. If you are on the fence of buying a Smartycam, don't be afraid, they depreciate very little.

And Only buy from Peter or Matt!! Their level of support to the comunity is 2nd to none.

Downloading RS3 and beta3 now. All configuring of Solo2 and smartycam are done in RS3, correct?

Thanks
RS3 is used for config for both devices. Race Studio 2 is updated with RS3. RS3A beta is a separate application. Good luck and thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-26-2020, 12:31 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_Driver
TTT......

Thanks
Thanks!

You will still do most of your analysis in RS2. RS3 Analysis is not fully configured yet and is missing math channels, segment reports, and more. The video integration and basic analysis do work in RS3, so it's great to see where things are going. Tomorrow's session is an update on RS3 with Emiliano (head software guy) and I expect there will be an update and more features added, but we won't know until tomorrow. I know they have fixed more bugs (I made a new one this weekend at LRP!) and are back on programming, not bug fixing.

They have said that the basic software of the Beta and production version are the same, so you should be able to use the beta for configs and updates, I would suggest using the production version to be safe.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski

You will still do most of your analysis in RS2.

They have said that the basic software of the Beta and production version are the same, so you should be able to use the beta for configs and updates, I would suggest using the production version to be safe.
Set your preferences up to download to both application folders (RS2A and RS3A beta).

I would for sure use RS3A beta right away initially for the synced video and data analysis, then delve deeper if you use maths, segment reports and the like with regular RS2 Analysis.

The current version of RS2A is included in the download of RS3.

Configs, FW updates should all be done in the current RS3 release (3.32.12). There are some open tickets on this with RS3A beta (3.50.10)
Old 08-26-2020, 01:05 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Set your preferences up to download to both application folders (RS2A and RS3A beta).

I would for sure use RS3A beta right away initially for the synced video and data analysis, then delve deeper if you use maths, segment reports and the like with regular RS2 Analysis.

The current version of RS2A is included in the download of RS3.

Configs, FW updates should all be done in the current RS3 release (3.32.12). There are some open tickets on this with RS3A beta (3.50.10)
Lots of good ways to use RS2 and RS3 beta for analysis. A popular thing people have seen in all the videos are the math channels (like how much you rely on G Sum) which still can't be done in RS3A Beta. I've found starting in RS2 gets me further than starting in RS3 and jumping more, but everyone will find their way.

Maybe tomorrow gets us some of the functions we love so much in RS2A!

Quick Reply: AiM RS3 Analysis Beta Released Tomorrow