Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,005 Likes on 600 Posts
Default AiM MXS 1.2, MXG 1.2, and MXP w/ GS Dash

Something I didn't post about right when it came out was that the dashes listed above can now take a GS Dash display with them. The original MXS and MXG have been able to do it all along.

This isn't a feature everyone will use, but you will be able to have a second display much like you see many IMSA teams put together. I'm going to have this in my car where I'll be able to have accessory info like tire pressures, tire temps, brake temps, etc. Not stuff you need all the time, but that you'd like to see. I'll also have it with the SLM, so I'll have RPM lights on the MXP display along with important measurs, predictive lights on the SLM, then accessory info on the GS Dash. Very cool!
Old 01-30-2019, 11:40 AM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

No love for the MXL2?
Old 01-30-2019, 11:42 AM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Also, curious what happens when you have a buttons interface in use? Do all dashes change pages at the same time?
Old 01-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwasilko
Also, curious what happens when you have a buttons interface in use? Do all dashes change pages at the same time?
I can check tomorrow. I'm sold out of button interfaces and have some coming in.

No love for the MXL2?
It's in a different processor and should be capable at in the near future.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I just got the remote button module and hooked it right up. The buttons control the main dash, so the MXP in my case. The GS Dash doesn't change and you would have to use the buttons on it for them to work.

he alarm functions are really cool with 2 displays. Each alarm can control the Dash, GS Dash, or both!
Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is the alarm setup. It's great to be able to choose where they are displayed and how. Alarms can have different LED alarm lights and messages! Between the displays, you could have over 20 fields of data displayed (obviously not helpful when driving, but great for startup screens if you monitor that many channels). Very cool stuff - not for everyone, but it will be great for the people that want it. I can't wait to have it all in my car.

Another great feature is that since the 37 pin harness is the same for all the MXx devices, 1.2 devices are literally plug and play for MXL2, MXS, and MXG devices!

Old 01-31-2019, 10:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,340 Likes on 1,895 Posts

While the wiring is plug and play, the configs between the original MXG and MXS are not compatible in RS3. Ali Salih asked that question that if he updated to the MXS 1.2 from the MXS, could he plug and play including the config? Well, as we know, the pinout is the same, but you can’t send an MXS config to a MXS 1.2, it won’t accept it.

It’ll be fun to see that 914 decked out with all those accessories. May see it on the way in to Mont Tremblant next July! Good stuff.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
While the wiring is plug and play, the configs between the original MXG and MXS are not compatible in RS3. Ali Salih asked that question that if he updated to the MXS 1.2 from the MXS, could he plug and play including the config? Well, as we know, the pinout is the same, but you can’t send an MXS config to a MXS 1.2, it won’t accept it.

It’ll be fun to see that 914 decked out with all those accessories. May see it on the way in to Mont Tremblant next July! Good stuff.
Correct, the config doesn't transfer over, but with a few tricks it's not hard or time consuming. It's more involved adding the GS Dash and SLM than transferring configs.

Quick Reply: AiM MXS 1.2, MXG 1.2, and MXP w/ GS Dash