Notices

Daughter washed her car with my wheel scrubber

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 12:14 AM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,424 Likes on 507 Posts
Unhappy Daughter washed her car with my wheel scrubber

No one else would even care so I have to unburden myself on rennlist, I have a fully outfitted car wash station in my garage with power washer and all the gear including rolling buckets for paint wash and wheel wash. My adult daughter is visiting from out of state and while I was taking a nap washed her entire car using my wheel scrubber and then proudly announced that she had washed her own (new) car without my help. With my brake-dust encrusted wheel scrubber from my wheel bucket.

Last edited by remington; 07-22-2023 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:30 AM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

She gets and "E" for effort.

My daughter, years ago, added oil to her Ford Focus through the dipstick tube. Got oil all over the driveway. Funny, I was very happy about it. E for Effort.🍻
Old 07-22-2023, 06:27 AM
Aahilahan Aahila
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In situations like these, clear communication is key. It might be helpful to have an open and gentle conversation with your daughter about the significance of using the right tools for specific tasks and keeping the car wash station in top condition. Sharing your passion for car care and explaining the proper practices can help prevent similar incidents in the future., used car dealerships in Queens NY

Remember that family visits provide an opportunity to bond and share experiences. While it's essential to protect your equipment, it's also an opportunity to educate and foster an appreciation for your hobby. Hopefully, through communication and understanding, both of you can make the most of this time together while respecting each other's interests and belongings.

Last edited by Aahilahan Aahila; 07-22-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Teaching moment. She didn't know but at least she tried. My wife has watched me detail cars numerous times, but if asked which pad to use with compound and which to use with wax I'm sure she wouldn't know.

Now show her how to detail a car properly and show her which items to use with each step. Start from wash, clay on up to final polishing to remove hazing she may have induced. It will be a great day together and hopefully, once she sees what it really takes to keep a car looking good, she will better appreciate and care for what she has. Offer her use of your stuff as many times as she'd like to maintain it. It also becomes easier to remember what to use the more you do it.

The beer you share after it's all done will be epic.
Old 07-22-2023, 04:40 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 900 Posts

Good stories. My daughter replaced her crunched driver's door mirror on a Honda CR-V by herself with only YouTube, no help from Dad.

She doesn't have too many tools, so I assume she ordered/bought what she needed and got the job done. Power mirror works and it is well attached. Job required removing the door trim panel, not easy for beginners.

Good job, kid!
Old 07-22-2023, 04:44 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,810 Likes on 4,782 Posts

It's just a car.
Old 07-23-2023, 10:00 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 708 Likes on 369 Posts

Excellent bonding opportunity…the fact SHE decided to wash her new car instead of the car wash means Dad had an impact on her car care

Make it a beautiful memory because when you’re gone, that’s what she’ll have of you 💪
The following users liked this post:
pro1200 (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 02:40 PM
pro1200
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

My daughter is the opposite-for years she insisted that I wash her Audi TT (with a $10K paint job in a BMW color) because she didn't want to scar it. She started complaining about the quality of my work so I just handed her the tools and taught her how to use them.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:20 PM
Spyder_2011
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 92 Posts

My wife and daughter won’t clean their cars anymore because they’re afraid of using the wrong products or tools. Instead they focus on other stuff that I have to spend time on around the house and leave the car detailing to me. Still I’ve been trying to teach my daughter some aspects of detailing as I won’t be around as long as her so she needs to learn! My wife knows how to manage the basics and that’s good enough. My son could care less about his car and I just do the bare minimum. His is an econobox so not too worried. Daughter got the Cayenne

Fight your battles where you can and teach when they’re willing to listen

Last edited by Spyder_2011; 07-23-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 05:54 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 613 Likes on 397 Posts

Steps in the positive direction! At least she didn't take it to a meat market automatic car wash place...
Old 07-26-2023, 07:37 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 895 Likes on 481 Posts

Hopefully it was a Tesla...................
The following users liked this post:
Joe250 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 05:00 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
No one else would even care so I have to unburden myself on rennlist, I have a fully outfitted car wash station in my garage with power washer and all the gear including rolling buckets for paint wash and wheel wash. My adult daughter is visiting from out of state and while I was taking a nap washed her entire car using my wheel scrubber and then proudly announced that she had washed her own (new) car without my help. With my brake-dust encrusted wheel scrubber from my wheel bucket.

How bad was the marring/swirl marks?

Quick Reply: Daughter washed her car with my wheel scrubber