Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Concours & Car Care (https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care-86/)
-   -   Daughter washed her car with my wheel scrubber (https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care/1357832-daughter-washed-her-car-with-my-wheel-scrubber.html)

remington 07-22-2023 12:14 AM

Daughter washed her car with my wheel scrubber

No one else would even care so I have to unburden myself on rennlist, I have a fully outfitted car wash station in my garage with power washer and all the gear including rolling buckets for paint wash and wheel wash. My adult daughter is visiting from out of state and while I was taking a nap washed her entire car using my wheel scrubber and then proudly announced that she had washed her own (new) car without my help. With my brake-dust encrusted wheel scrubber from my wheel bucket. :(

mikes70 07-22-2023 12:30 AM

She gets and "E" for effort.

My daughter, years ago, added oil to her Ford Focus through the dipstick tube. Got oil all over the driveway. Funny, I was very happy about it. E for Effort.🍻

Aahilahan Aahila 07-22-2023 06:27 AM

In situations like these, clear communication is key. It might be helpful to have an open and gentle conversation with your daughter about the significance of using the right tools for specific tasks and keeping the car wash station in top condition. Sharing your passion for car care and explaining the proper practices can help prevent similar incidents in the future., used car dealerships in Queens NY

Remember that family visits provide an opportunity to bond and share experiences. While it's essential to protect your equipment, it's also an opportunity to educate and foster an appreciation for your hobby. Hopefully, through communication and understanding, both of you can make the most of this time together while respecting each other's interests and belongings.

Tonydec 07-22-2023 03:39 PM

Teaching moment. She didn't know but at least she tried. My wife has watched me detail cars numerous times, but if asked which pad to use with compound and which to use with wax I'm sure she wouldn't know.

Now show her how to detail a car properly and show her which items to use with each step. Start from wash, clay on up to final polishing to remove hazing she may have induced. It will be a great day together and hopefully, once she sees what it really takes to keep a car looking good, she will better appreciate and care for what she has. Offer her use of your stuff as many times as she'd like to maintain it. It also becomes easier to remember what to use the more you do it.

The beer you share after it's all done will be epic.

chassis 07-22-2023 04:40 PM

Good stories. My daughter replaced her crunched driver's door mirror on a Honda CR-V by herself with only YouTube, no help from Dad.

She doesn't have too many tools, so I assume she ordered/bought what she needed and got the job done. Power mirror works and it is well attached. Job required removing the door trim panel, not easy for beginners.

Good job, kid!

ipse dixit 07-22-2023 04:44 PM

It's just a car.

MoeMistry 07-23-2023 10:00 AM

Excellent bonding opportunity…the fact SHE decided to wash her new car instead of the car wash means Dad had an impact on her car care

Make it a beautiful memory because when you’re gone, that’s what she’ll have of you 💪

pro1200 07-23-2023 02:40 PM

My daughter is the opposite-for years she insisted that I wash her Audi TT (with a $10K paint job in a BMW color) because she didn't want to scar it. She started complaining about the quality of my work so I just handed her the tools and taught her how to use them.

Spyder_2011 07-23-2023 08:20 PM

My wife and daughter won’t clean their cars anymore because they’re afraid of using the wrong products or tools. Instead they focus on other stuff that I have to spend time on around the house and leave the car detailing to me. Still I’ve been trying to teach my daughter some aspects of detailing as I won’t be around as long as her so she needs to learn! My wife knows how to manage the basics and that’s good enough. My son could care less about his car and I just do the bare minimum. His is an econobox so not too worried. Daughter got the Cayenne

Fight your battles where you can and teach when they’re willing to listen

PHX 07-25-2023 05:54 PM

Steps in the positive direction! At least she didn't take it to a meat market automatic car wash place...

ldamelio 07-26-2023 07:37 AM

Hopefully it was a Tesla...................

DreamCarrera 09-05-2023 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by remington (Post 18920406)
No one else would even care so I have to unburden myself on rennlist, I have a fully outfitted car wash station in my garage with power washer and all the gear including rolling buckets for paint wash and wheel wash. My adult daughter is visiting from out of state and while I was taking a nap washed her entire car using my wheel scrubber and then proudly announced that she had washed her own (new) car without my help. With my brake-dust encrusted wheel scrubber from my wheel bucket. :(

How bad was the marring/swirl marks?