Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear Brake Sensor & Apple Car play?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 12:44 PM
Irish Joe
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rear Brake Sensor & Apple Car play?

How to you turn off rear brake sensor when bike rack is installed? Can Waze be viewed on heads-up display?
CS 2024
Old 09-08-2024, 01:23 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish Joe
How to you turn off rear brake sensor when bike rack is installed? Can Waze be viewed on heads-up display?
CS 2024
there are some icons on the left side when you are using surround view park assist, i want to say if u tap the 2nd one down it disables the auto braking while in reverse, but you would need to tap it each time you go to park. another icon disables the beeps, the top one i think? in the park assist settings u can disable the brake in reverse on an ongoing basis. i can get u a pic if u need it.

people complain about this is other vw cars as well.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 09-08-2024 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2024, 01:43 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

maneuver assist checkbox unchecked keeps the auto braking in reverse off.

taping the 2nd icon down disables maneuver assist and displays the message, when disabled the icon is blue. if maneuver assist checkbox is unchecked, this icon will be gray.

icons in their default state

icons w both beeps and maneuver assist temporarily disabled
Old 09-09-2024, 11:09 AM
Irish Joe
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you
Old 09-09-2024, 01:57 PM
retom
Burning Brakes

Received 488 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish Joe
CS 2024
If you have a factory-fitted tow bar, this should automatically deactivate rear sensors when you connect a rack or trailer.
Waze is not available on head-up display.
Old 09-09-2024, 10:56 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 580 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
If you have a factory-fitted tow bar, this should automatically deactivate rear sensors when you connect a rack or trailer.
Hitch mount bike racks used in North America do not have their own tail lights like hitch mount bike racks in Europe do. Plugging a hitch mount bike rack into the North American standard hitch receiver does not deactivate any vehicle features.

Plugging a 7-way to 4/5 way adapter that is compatible with LED lights into the 7-way electrical port next to the Cayenne hitch receiver should do what the OP wants. It emulates the presence of a trailer even when one isn't attached. I use a "Tow Ready 7-Way to 5-Way/4-Way Trailer Adapter". It causes deactivation of the rear parking sensors, lane change assist and the interior rear hatch door button but does not deactivate the "foot wave" feature for opening the rear hatch door which could be a problem if opening the rear hatch door inadvertently causes it to contact your bike rack. Because of that, I use a 12 inch receiver extension so that the door can't hit my bike rack, photo at https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19497025

North America uses a pretty crude 7-pin electrical port for trailers that doesn't support all the functions of the 13-pin port used in Europe. Trailers here usually have a combination rear light unit on each side that combines the running light, turn signal and brake light. And trailers here have no provision for rear fog lights.
The following 2 users liked this post by Woofman:
retom (09-10-2024), Schnave (09-09-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 08:23 PM
retom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Woofman
Hitch mount bike racks used in North America do not have their own tail lights like hitch mount bike racks in Europe do. Plugging a hitch mount bike rack into the North American standard hitch receiver does not deactivate any vehicle features.

Plugging a 7-way to 4/5 way adapter that is compatible with LED lights into the 7-way electrical port next to the Cayenne hitch receiver should do what the OP wants. It emulates the presence of a trailer even when one isn't attached. I use a "Tow Ready 7-Way to 5-Way/4-Way Trailer Adapter". It causes deactivation of the rear parking sensors, lane change assist and the interior rear hatch door button but does not deactivate the "foot wave" feature for opening the rear hatch door which could be a problem if opening the rear hatch door inadvertently causes it to contact your bike rack. Because of that, I use a 12 inch receiver extension so that the door can't hit my bike rack, photo at https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19497025

North America uses a pretty crude 7-pin electrical port for trailers that doesn't support all the functions of the 13-pin port used in Europe. Trailers here usually have a combination rear light unit on each side that combines the running light, turn signal and brake light. And trailers here have no provision for rear fog lights.
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I'm from the EU and here connecting anything to the towbar and to the towbar plug automatically deactivates all assistance systems that could be disrupted. In the EU, the towbar is electrically retracted under the bumper, and it's probably not an option in the US?
Old 09-11-2024, 01:35 AM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by retom
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I'm from the EU and here connecting anything to the towbar and to the towbar plug automatically deactivates all assistance systems that could be disrupted. In the EU, the towbar is electrically retracted under the bumper, and it's probably not an option in the US?
correct, we do not have the elegant auto stowing tow hook. we just get a 2 inch hitch receiver, and electrical connection. the nice thing about the receiver approach is the ball can be moved up and down in elevation depending on the adapter. with the hook you have in the EU, can you adjust its height?
Old 09-11-2024, 10:35 AM
retom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
correct, we do not have the elegant auto stowing tow hook. we just get a 2 inch hitch receiver, and electrical connection. the nice thing about the receiver approach is the ball can be moved up and down in elevation depending on the adapter. with the hook you have in the EU, can you adjust its height?
I don't know. I've never had a tow bar on any of my cars. I've never needed one.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake Sensor & Apple Car play?