New PRSE issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 05:43 PM
Gwaxman34
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts
Default New PRSE issue

Anyone else run across this yet?

I did a factory reset of my left RSE since the Netflix stream kept stopping and returning to the main menu (according to my son!).

Upon reset, I now get “Update Required” (see attached photo) when trying to run Netflix. I checked software version and it is now newer than my right RSE which still works (and also says update available).

Netflix is literally the only app on the RSE - I can’t imagine they didn’t check the update!?

Anyone run across this? Anyone now how to roll back firmware with a manual update?

Left software version is 0010 and RSE version is R12.1.4

Right software version is 0009 and RSE version is R.11.2.6
Old 12-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Gwaxman34
Racer

No replies here so I made an appointment for next week. Asking them to flash the firmware back a version. Will report back.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:25 PM
Gwaxman34
Racer

No resolution here. They were waiting on Porsche NA to push an update.

Porsche NA just pushed an update months later. One screen successfully updates and now you can’t even launch Netflix. The other screen continually fails on an update. It insane that the Porsche entertainment technology could be this bad and super disappointing that Porsche customer service (not the dealer but Porsche NA) could seem to care less that they sold a bunch of Rear Seat Entertainment systems that just don’t work.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:31 PM
Gwaxman34
Racer

This is the latest version btw
Old 03-03-2024, 10:05 AM
Gwaxman34
Racer

Update: resolved

both the Netflix app and the update worked on both consoles today
The following users liked this post:
thigos (08-01-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 05:51 PM
Mav Rick
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxman34
Update: resolved

both the Netflix app and the update worked on both consoles today
What did they do to resolve it? I have a 2018 Panamera with PRSE and I cant get any of the apps to work because the tablet needs an updated OS. The car is a CPO vehicle that I have had for less than a year and they are telling me that its not covered under the warranty. Their reasoning....its a software issue, not hardware. Basically, they are saying its not defective because it still turns on. But how is a rear seat entertainment system that doesnt 'entertain' not defective. I am fighting it but have an idea that it wont end to my satisfaction.

I bet if they were trying to sell this vehicle, that they would make sure both screens were functioning. smh...
Old 09-09-2024, 07:25 PM
Gwaxman34
Racer

Funny timing here. Netflix stopped working on one of the consoles yesterday. An an update was available. Did the update but it still didn’t work. Logged out of Netflix and logged back in and it worked.

but to your question…eventually, months later, Porsche NA pushed an update to the software which corrected the prior bad update. I think the take rate on prse is so low they barely got any complaints about broken software
Old 09-11-2024, 12:14 PM
Mav Rick
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxman34
Funny timing here. Netflix stopped working on one of the consoles yesterday. An an update was available. Did the update but it still didn’t work. Logged out of Netflix and logged back in and it worked.

but to your question…eventually, months later, Porsche NA pushed an update to the software which corrected the prior bad update. I think the take rate on prse is so low they barely got any complaints about broken software
Gotcha. I am in 'discussions' with my SA because nothing updates on the screen because of the outdated OS. And, since they cant update them, I would like the screens replaced with ones that have the new software. They are saying that they cant be replaced under the CPO warranty because they arent 'defective'. Their view is....if the screen comes on, then its not defective. To which I responded 'how is a rear seat entertainment system that doesnt 'entertain' NOT defective'. We will see where it goes.

Thanx for coming back to the thread, tho!

Quick Reply: New PRSE issue