Sponsored By:

4th Generation Cayenne to be EV Only

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2024, 07:58 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
No need to get your get your nuts twisted and take a swing at anybody that does not share your sentiments.
My daily is a mild hybrid. Would that make me half as good as you? LOL.
Its all good Dude and enjoy your EV just don't take the bridge in 10 years when they are not the only new vehicles sold.
Calm down mate, I'm not 'taking a swing' at anyone. Maybe my Australian way of making a point slipped by to the keeper.

In the 15 years I've been on Rennlist I've never seen as much nonsense as we're seeing now around this whole EV question, it's crazy how personal it's got at times.
Old 07-27-2024, 08:06 PM
Hunky
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by OncPorsche
not even sure why you’re coming at me when I’m pro city dweller/daily commuter EV, pro petrol and pro cars worthy of a p badge. They all have their place.

Luxury EVs are in a tough spot. And performance luxury cars even tougher. It’s easy to make a MB/Audi daily boring EV such but you better make it engaging to slap a P on it. The base models are always going to be dull but I think the base cayenne is undriveable. the “turbo” cayenne EV that comes out will likely be around 175k or more, with a 50% dep almost the second you take it off the lot.

in excited for it. Count me out on buying a new one but maybe used 1st gen. But as I’ve said before and I believe even p confirmed. Petrok cayenne has at least 10 years of life left. Thank goodness.
50% depreciation in one year is retarded. If true then that vehicle will not be viable as no one in their right mind would buy new even though we are being gaslight into believing that a wholesale, rapid rotation from ICE to EV is underway. EVs are fine if they meet your needs but are clearly no where near ready for widespread adoption anytime soon.
There was a thread here recently about a fellow who took a 50% hit on a Mercedes EQS in a matter of like 6 months, absolutely crazy depreciation. Hard pass on any or all of that nonsense.

Last edited by Hunky; 07-27-2024 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2024, 08:09 PM
Hunky
Racer

Originally Posted by aggie57
Calm down mate, I'm not 'taking a swing' at anyone. Maybe my Australian way of making a point slipped by to the keeper.

In the 15 years I've been on Rennlist I've never seen as much nonsense as we're seeing now around this whole EV question, it's crazy how personal it's got at times.
All good Buddy.
Old 07-27-2024, 08:38 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

50% depreciation in one year is retarded. If true then that vehicle will not be viable as no one in their right mind would buy new even though we are being gaslight into believing that a wholesale, rapid rotation from ICE to EV is underway. EVs are fine if they meet your needs but are clearly no where near ready for widespread adoption anytime soon.
There was a thread here recently about a fellow who took a 50% hit on a Mercedes EQS in a matter of like 6 months, absolutely crazy depreciation. Hard pass on any or all of that nonsense.
absolutely. Believe I saw something that ford was losing roughly 40k per lightning they were selling. We have just went about this totally wrong and should’ve focused on just smaller commuter cars and niche luxury ones.
Old 07-27-2024, 08:45 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Mercedes made a big mistake...either with research or lack of it on EV's. They also seem to have diverted too much resource to EV's at the expense of ICE SUV's. I just traded a problematic 2024 GLE 63S (after 6 months) for my incoming GTS. The Dealer quoted me a high trade value thinking I would wait 6 months to trade...took the offer. They have at least a 6 month supply of EQ's and a couple used that were returned after a few weeks for an ICE. My SA said he recommends leasing an EV.
There are a lot of reasons to avoid EV's and just as many people willing to defend them. A little like our Political climate today. Mutual respect seems to be in short supply!

Last edited by Ron.s; 07-27-2024 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2024, 08:45 PM
Hunky
Racer

absolutely. Believe I saw something that ford was losing roughly 40k per lightning they were selling. We have just went about this totally wrong and should’ve focused on just smaller commuter cars and niche luxury ones.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...d=BingNewsVerp
Old 07-27-2024, 08:48 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

totally sustainable
The following users liked this post:
Hunky (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:01 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Mercedes made a big mistake...either with research or lack of it on SUV EV's. They also seem to have diverted too much resource to EV's at the expense of ICE SUV's. I just traded a problematic 2024 GLE 63S (after 6 months) for my incoming GTS. The Dealer quoted me a high trade value thinking I would wait 6 months to trade...took the offer. They have at least a 6 month supply of EQ's and a couple used that were returned after a few weeks for an ICE. My SA said he recommends leasing an EV.
There are a lot of reasons to avoid EV's and just as many people willing to defend them. A little like our Political climate today. Mutual respect seems to be in short supply!
Agreed Mercedes has stuffed up their EV product mix. The EQE SUV is in practical terms more of a GLC sized vehicle, and the EQS SUV more of a GLE size, at least in the interior. We have a GLE and took an EQE for a drive, thinking we could replace both our Polestar and GLE with one. But it just didn't cut it as a hauler, to get the space we need we'd have needed to swap up to a EQS and with the same option mix as we have in the GLE we'd have been looking at $120k+. Ouch. Of course now we could get a CPO EQS for much less than that but the moment has passed, we're sticking with what we have.
OncPorsche (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 09:08 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

It confused the hell out of my as to why GM stopped building the Bolt. Yeah, I heard about needing the factory for new cars but it was cheap and once the battery issue was sorted, reliable. One of my friends had 3 and only swapped to a Hyundai because GM couldn't supply a new one. Mind you, his Ionic 6 gets 360 miles on charge, and charges 10-80% in 20 minutes which is pretty cool.
OncPorsche (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 11:27 PM
Arclite6
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll be ordering one at some point. I currently drive Tesla S Plaid as my daily and we have 24 Raptor for road trips. I got a 25 CS on order and will be trading in my S Plaid (two young kids) for it. Around town and your day to day, an EV is superior especially a Tesla, so many benefits compared to ICE.

However, we’re all here in this forum because we enjoy performance vehicles, sports cars and can appreciate the smiles a Porsche brings. I love cars and I’m all for experiencing different things. Give EV a shot, you may enjoy the creature comforts it offers, or better yet have both.
OncPorsche (07-28-2024)

Quick Reply: 4th Generation Cayenne to be EV Only