Sponsored By:

4th Generation Cayenne to be EV Only

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2024, 12:12 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Elucidus
I still really want a Taycan, but with the mix of purposes I have for my vehicles, I can't justify one. If I could mount a 2" trailer hitch to it - maybe.
You can to a cross-turismo, AFAIK. Or have I been misinformed?
Old 07-27-2024, 12:18 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
I mean, we’re talking about SUVs here. So boring is okay, long as it’s capable and comfy.

But I have no desire for sedans of any kind and will never buy an EV sports car. Because, for me, an EV is absolutely boring and soulless as a sports car. I don’t care if it can go 0-60 so fast it time travels back to the past. If there’s no exhaust and no gears, then I find it boring. It took me like 2 minutes to decide to forego the PDK in my gt3 in favor of a manual which means giving up at least a half second in 0-60 time. Because driver engagement is what I value, not straight line speed.

But listen, if saving money and the sound of vacuum cleaner is what excites you, and it gives your middle finger a hard-on, then great - each to their own.

I like actually driving my cars and don’t care what it costs to do it. Maybe you could start a GoFundMe and we can donate to you so you can afford to drive a car with a soul?
reading comprehension problem i see. i have 2 manual p cars and an incoming gt (no man option). specifically said evs are soulness and boring and that i prefer the analog/man engaging petrol version. evs have their place and blind hatred against them generally means you have the intellect of someone i wont engage with. sure ill take a gofundme, i could use a 5th car. but if you want to have a weird d measuring contest in regards to that topic, feel from to dm me cheers!
Old 07-27-2024, 12:20 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 619 Posts

I'm all on the electric bandwagon now, but I don't see myself getting an electric SUV for a while, mostly because the range plummets with towing or even a roof box + bike rack with 4 bikes setup we use for camping trips. Winter and elevation gains up to 6000ft don't help range either. I often have range anxiety even with gas cars. Hybrids seem to be a good compromise for that in the near future. But for commute, errands or even close weekend outings electric is perfect.
The following users liked this post:
OncPorsche (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 12:49 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by OncPorsche
reading comprehension problem i see. i have 2 manual p cars and an incoming gt (no man option). specifically said evs are soulness and boring and that i prefer the analog/man engaging petrol version. evs have their place and blind hatred against them generally means you have the intellect of someone i wont engage with. sure ill take a gofundme, i could use a 5th car. but if you want to have a weird d measuring contest in regards to that topic, feel from to dm me cheers!
Ironically sensitive and defensive post for someone who likes to post so aggressively. Lighten up, Francis.

As for d**k measuring, I’ll let you handle that all on your own, thanks.
Old 07-27-2024, 12:54 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by V999
Ironically sensitive and defensive post for someone who likes to post so aggressively. Lighten up, Francis.

As for d**k measuring, I’ll let you handle that all on your own, thanks.
thats what i figured
Old 07-27-2024, 01:31 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 226 Posts

Tesla plaid isn’t the fastest ev…… Tesla (plaid inc) is below my luxury standard for a dd. It’s miserable inside. Again, not what this is about. Poor man’s fast ev. But they do serve a functional purpose.
Tesla Model S Plaid is indeed the fastest production EV! Now if you have $2 million, you can try be one of 150 Rimac Nevera owners but good luck with that. The Plaid is nearly $100K and so, I don't know what sort of a "poor man" can afford such a car. I suppose if you cross the Rio Grande about 10 times, you might be able to buy one but finding a charging station in Del Rio might be a problem.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 07-27-2024 at 01:37 PM.
Ron.s (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 01:35 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,169 Likes on 5,289 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Tesla Model S Plaid is indeed the fastest production EV! Now if you have $2 million, you can try be one of 150 Rimac Nevera owners but good luck with that. The Plaid is nearly $100K and so, I don't know what sort of a "poor man" can afford such a car. I suppose if you cross the Rio Grande about 10,000 times, you might be able to afford one.
I see your Plaid and raise you a Lucid Air Sapphire.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
daveo4porsche (07-27-2024), LDT (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 01:42 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I see your Plaid and raise you a Lucid Air Sapphire.
I'm not an EV fan, don't own one, and probably will never own one unless it's shoved down my throat. On paper, the Plaid is faster than the Lucid Air Sapphire (0-60 in 1.98 vs. 2.1). I have no idea what the Lucid looks like inside but I'm guessing that it's nicer than the Tesla.
LDT (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 01:47 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,169 Likes on 5,289 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I'm not an EV fan, don't own one, and probably will never own one unless it's shoved down my throat. On paper, the Plaid is faster than the Lucid Air Sapphire (0-60 in 1.98 vs. 2.1). I have no idea what the Lucid looks like inside but I'm guessing that it's nicer than the Tesla.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...est-ev-tested/

Old 07-27-2024, 02:14 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

I stand corrected. That’s impressive! I’m on a few car forums and many ICE super car owners downplay EV performance, which I find hilarious. I say give credit where credit is due! Having said that, I’ll stick with ICE ICE baby! Maybe when the engineers make bigger waves with technology (ie. better battery cooling, weight reduction/handling, faster charging, etc.),I’ll revisit. Weight and heat are overall performance killers as we know.
Hunky (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 03:11 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,542 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Like these foundations under construction?
If posting that makes you feel better then go for it. Seriously, just accept that the world is moving to EV's. You may not like it but nobody is telling you to sell your gas powered cars....
OncPorsche (07-27-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 04:50 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

thats what i figured
You figured you were being over-sensitive and defensive? Good figuring.
Old 07-27-2024, 06:05 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 111 Posts

But this is a Cayenne forum thread and you're trolling on a EV Cayenne post. So your other vehicles are irrelevant. Sure a little baby EV might be good for city dwellers but don't conflate them with sports cars worthy of a Porsche badge.
Old 07-27-2024, 06:18 PM
Hunky
Pro

Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
If posting that makes you feel better then go for it. Seriously, just accept that the world is moving to EV's. You may not like it but nobody is telling you to sell your gas powered cars....
No need to get your get your nuts twisted and take a swing at anybody that does not share your sentiments.
My daily is a mild hybrid. Would that make me half as good as you? LOL.
Its all good Dude and enjoy your EV just don't take the bridge in 10 years when they are not the only new vehicles sold.

Last edited by Hunky; 07-27-2024 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2024, 07:27 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
But this is a Cayenne forum thread and you're trolling on a EV Cayenne post. So your other vehicles are irrelevant. Sure a little baby EV might be good for city dwellers but don't conflate them with sports cars worthy of a Porsche badge.
not even sure why you’re coming at me when I’m pro city dweller/daily commuter EV, pro petrol and pro cars worthy of a p badge. They all have their place.

Luxury EVs are in a tough spot. And performance luxury cars even tougher. It’s easy to make a MB/Audi daily boring EV such but you better make it engaging to slap a P on it. The base models are always going to be dull but I think the base cayenne is undriveable. the “turbo” cayenne EV that comes out will likely be around 175k or more, with a 50% dep almost the second you take it off the lot.

in excited for it. Count me out on buying a new one but maybe used 1st gen. But as I’ve said before and I believe even p confirmed. Petrok cayenne has at least 10 years of life left. Thank goodness.

Quick Reply: 4th Generation Cayenne to be EV Only