Sponsored By:

'24 Cayenne S tuning back on

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 04:13 PM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Default '24 Cayenne S tuning back on

Here's the scenario, we took a small trip this week and we brought both key ( you know, just in case). I would stop the vehicle, press park, press the start button. I would get the goodbye screen on the PCM and the dashboard would do it's normal thing. I would get out of the car (with 1 key in my pocket) and maybe open the trunk to get something out. My wife would still be sitting there collecting stuff and eventually gets out (with the other key). I go to lock the car and it won't lock, look at the dash and it's back to the on state. I disabled her key (by holding both buttons) and then the car stayed off.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Old 07-20-2024, 03:05 AM
Toothmechanic
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes. I have. It’s happened a few times to me and I haven’t been able to find a pattern yet. It is annoying to “think” you turned the car off only to find it still on or turn back on. I had it happen to me going to HD once and coming back out and finding it still on. My wife “thought” she locked it using the door handle, but we were still learning about the nuances of the new car and didn’t catch that it came back on and it never locked. Good thing I was in a safe area. It’s happened to me with my wife in the car and when she is not…I am wondering if it has to do with the proximity sensor in the keys?
Old 07-20-2024, 03:45 AM
mc-pgts
Instructor

So far it has only turned back on when an active key (comfort access not disabled) has stayed in the car for some amount of time. I certainly doesn't do it every time though as I have sat there looking at the PCM.
Old 07-20-2024, 01:15 PM
E'TLS
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 67 Posts

As long as there is still a key fob (for example, wife and her key fob) inside the vehicle, the vehicle will automatically go back to ACC (accessory) mode as soon as the driver closes the driver's door even after the driver has completely shut down the vehicle and exit the vehicle with his key fob.

According to the service department advisor, this is a normal behaviour for all newer Porsche's.

Old 07-20-2024, 01:18 PM
E'TLS
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 67 Posts

My solution is to place my wife's key fob inside a RF shielding sleeve, when she is a passenger inside my Cayenne.

Old 07-20-2024, 06:50 PM
aceman67
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incredible to me how "buggy" the sw is given this car has been out for close to a year! Where are the software update/fixes? How often do they come out? I've had mine for a week so just getting used to the PCM...
Old 07-20-2024, 07:41 PM
Toothmechanic
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I will have to pay more attention as I have had it happen with just my key and my wife no where near the vehicle…my key in my pocket as I exit the vehicle.
Old 07-20-2024, 08:43 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

My 2023 GTS would randomly unlock the doors or open the hatch...no second Fob involved. At first I thought that I had accidently pressed the Fob in my pocket...turned out not to be the case. My Dealer had another customer reporting a similar experience. There was no resolution before Porsche bought back my car.
Some of the electronics stay active after shutdown for a short time. For example, if you unlock the car with the Fob it waits for you to open a door or it will lock the car again in about 9-10 seconds.
Old 07-21-2024, 01:54 AM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Originally Posted by E'TLS
As long as there is still a key fob (for example, wife and her key fob) inside the vehicle, the vehicle will automatically go back to ACC (accessory) mode as soon as the driver closes the driver's door even after the driver has completely shut down the vehicle and exit the vehicle with his key fob.

According to the service department advisor, this is a normal behaviour for all newer Porsche's.
Ah, Thank you for the clarification. They should have made it so that if you lock the car and it's in ACC mode that it locks and turns off. I was so confused as to why the car would not lock. Thankfully disabling the key also works for this too.
Old 07-21-2024, 02:25 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

On a trip right now and same here. Only way I can ensure that it doesn’t happen when both my wife and I each carry a key is to make sure one person with the key has already stepped out of the car before the other person with the other key locks it (from outside).
Old 07-26-2024, 11:21 AM
Mdoots
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mc-pgts
Here's the scenario, we took a small trip this week and we brought both key ( you know, just in case). I would stop the vehicle, press park, press the start button. I would get the goodbye screen on the PCM and the dashboard would do it's normal thing. I would get out of the car (with 1 key in my pocket) and maybe open the trunk to get something out. My wife would still be sitting there collecting stuff and eventually gets out (with the other key). I go to lock the car and it won't lock, look at the dash and it's back to the on state. I disabled her key (by holding both buttons) and then the car stayed off.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Yes, my wife also has a 2024 base cayenne and this has happened to us too. I'll be driving using the spare key and she will have it in her purse. Tricks me sometimes and stays on without locking the doors. Only really notice when I go to lock it and it doesn't chirp. Certainly a little glitchy...

Old 07-26-2024, 01:38 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by E'TLS
My solution is to place my wife's key fob inside a RF shielding sleeve, when she is a passenger inside my Cayenne.
My solution is to have one key that we use for the vehicle, and whoever is using the vehicle uses the key. It's not like we can both use it at once.

All the settings can be updated on the PCM so while it would be nice to have it set my seat position when I open the door, my wife and I are only 4" apart in height so it works fine. Our 2014 Cayenne's second key has spent 99.9% of it's life in our safe and looks brand new.

Quick Reply: '24 Cayenne S tuning back on