Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Badged as Cayenne S but has 3.0L engine??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 05:04 PM
Alnitak
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronGTS
I just picked up a 24' Cayenne S (MSRP 135K) and it's de-badged. Those who "know" will see my red brake calipers and know what's up! ))

That is a sweet, clean look!! Very nice!
Old 07-13-2024, 05:08 PM
Alnitak
Track Day

Originally Posted by Woofman
It's up to you on which wheels you want and/or like but I consider the 20" size to be the "sweet spot" even though my 2022 came with the 21 inch wheels. And I simply don't like the Spyder wheels but plenty of people love them.

There's a big difference in size between the OEM 19" tires and the 20" tires but much less difference between the 20" tires and the 21 inch tires. Here is a list of the tire sizes for each diameter wheel for the Cayenne 9Y0.1.

19" wheels/tires
Front: 8.5Jx19 ET 47 wheels with 255/55 ZR19 tires
Rear: 9.5Jx19 ET 54 wheels with 275/50 ZR19 tires

20" wheels/tires
Front: 9.0J x 20 ET 50 wheels with 275/45 ZR20 tires
Rear: 10.5J x 20 ET 55 wheels with 305/40 ZR20 tires

21" wheels/tires
Front: 9.5J x 21 ET 46 wheels with 285/40 R21 tires
Rear: 11J x 21 ET 58 wheels with 315/35 R21 tires

Not that the ride quality of the 21 inch wheels and tires is bad but the 20" wheels and tires will provide a slighter more plush ride while giving up very little in handling. When I bought winter tires and OEM wheels to put them on, I bought OEM 20" wheels and tires.
I see...good considerations, and less difference than I thought. Given the limited options for the 21", think I will stick with the 20's for a while and see how they do. May just revisit this when I need to replace tires.
Thanks for taking time to share your insight.
Old 07-13-2024, 05:10 PM
Alnitak
Track Day

Originally Posted by Shuga
You better be saying a special prayer tonight, because most dealers would tell you to F off.
Amen to that! Most certainly will be thanking the Man upstairs tonight!
Old 07-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by Alnitak
Amen to that! Most certainly will be thanking the Man upstairs tonight!
Let us know when it goes through! Congrats!
Old 07-13-2024, 11:20 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Alnitak
Can't believe the dealer didn't tell me of the discrepancy. Doesn't surprise me since it was originally leased in NJ/NY. First car purchased for myself in 22 tears, and first Porsche (at 70 years old)...sure blew that. Guess will be looking to turn it around and try to get close what I paid for it.
Forget any badges, if the dealer sold it to you as a Cayenne S, they committed fraud, since they had the real built information about the vehicle.

Get a lawyer and that dealer is completely screwed..

The dealer has everything to lose for obviously committing fraud, not to mention the investigation that needs to follow to find out how many times the dealer did this to other scammed Porsche owners..

If it is a CPO, the dealer obviously used base Cayenne parts instead of Cayenne S parts to inspected, maintain it, fir oil change, and to prepare it for selling it..

Old 07-13-2024, 11:35 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,376 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Forget any badges, if the dealer sold it to you as a Cayenne S, they committed fraud, since they had the real built information about the vehicle.

Get a lawyer and that dealer is completely screwed..

The dealer has everything to lose for obviously committing fraud, not to mention the investigation that needs to follow to find out how many times the dealer did this to other scammed Porsche owners..

If it is a CPO, the dealer obviously used base Cayenne parts instead of Cayenne S parts to inspected, maintain it, fir oil change, and to prepare it for selling it..
You should probably read through this full thread...

The following 2 users liked this post by Ironman88:
closenough (07-14-2024), downtroddengoat (07-17-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 12:49 AM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Arione
Guess it depends on your location. a 944 in nebraska probably makes you look like an arab prince. In Hawaii or California, a base makes it seem like you rent your suits.
That's funny, true,and well said.
Old 07-14-2024, 02:12 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Funny statements. They are just classic luxury overpriced cars that have strong engines, brakes, and steering (electronics quality suck big time compared to other brands).. Porsche is not at the technology edge any more and sucks in customer service when large defects/problems are found.. If you buy just to impress, then you are what you want to be..

That makes, too, all mechanics who love Porsche that buy them and repair them royalty.. Good for them..

I remember when I had some of the first fancy Mercedes SUVs, they hugely suck big time in reliability & service and large number of mechanics got them for dirt cheap since they could easily repair them. They had a great deal and a great time with them..

My brand new then 2019 Cayenne S with about 100,000 miles is worth only about $32,000 down from $120,000 in just about 5 years.. so it is affordable by anybody..

No royalty or princes is needed to own Porsches..

Maybe only those who buy them brand new get hit by the overpriced luxury price tag, and then, they become affordable to anybody..

Old 07-14-2024, 06:07 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Funny statements. They are just classic luxury overpriced cars that have strong engines, brakes, and steering (electronics quality suck big time compared to other brands).. Porsche is not at the technology edge any more and sucks in customer service when large defects/problems are found.. If you buy just to impress, then you are what you want to be..

That makes, too, all mechanics who love Porsche that buy them and repair them royalty.. Good for them..

I remember when I had some of the first fancy Mercedes SUVs, they hugely suck big time in reliability & service and large number of mechanics got them for dirt cheap since they could easily repair them. They had a great deal and a great time with them..

My brand new then 2019 Cayenne S with about 100,000 miles is worth only about $32,000 down from $120,000 in just about 5 years.. so it is affordable by anybody..

No royalty or princes is needed to own Porsches..

Maybe only those who buy them brand new get hit by the overpriced luxury price tag, and then, they become affordable to anybody..
That's why you lease.
Second not every can afford a Porsche, they can't afford the upkeep or insurance.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:12 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shuga
That's why you lease.
Second not every can afford a Porsche, they can't afford the upkeep or insurance.
Unless you are an automotive mechanic or know how to repair vehicles, which makes it not an issue at all.

There is not much difference between repairing/maintaining Porsche engines and that of many other brand engines and vehicles.. all have the same components/elements nowadays..

We Porsche owners way overpay on maintenance and repairs that high school kids are easily doing at school automotive technical classes for a fraction of the price.

Paying more for plain ignorance hasn't made anybody look smarter..

Old 07-15-2024, 12:04 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 350 Posts

There is not much difference between repairing/maintaining Porsche engines and that of many other brand engines and vehicles.. all have the same components/elements nowadays..
LOL, have you done repairs and maintenance on Toyota and Lexus vehicles? So easy. Porsche dealership oil and filter change: $260 (apparently that's low). Toyota dealership oil and filter change: $63
Old 07-15-2024, 04:48 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 312 Likes on 210 Posts

Unless you are an automotive mechanic or know how to repair vehicles, which makes it not an issue at all.

We Porsche owners way overpay on maintenance and repairs that high school kids are easily doing at school automotive technical classes for a fraction of the price.

Paying more for plain ignorance hasn't made anybody look smarter..
I agree. I grew up as my old man's little grease monkey. It was your average mom 'n pop garage. I was tasked with all of your usual routine maintenance items such as oil change, brakes, other fluid flushes, tires, etc. and occasionally helping out on more complex repairs. With the exception of modern electronics and computers, cars are cars are cars. The service departments at dealerships are huge revenue generators. I think a brake & rotor job is the number one money maker. A brake job is as easy it gets, as you know. With YouTube and other tutorials online, people just don't have an excuse anymore! Routine maintenance on modern cars are easier in most cases since time=money. For example, oil & filter change on a 911 is so easy that even a caveman can do it! I believe Porsche dealerships charge a few hundred dollars. On my R8, there are 5 oil drain plugs. It's basically 4 more than your average car! An oil & filter change at the dealership is well over $500. It literally takes longer to lift the car and remove the two protective shields than the job itself! It's simply GTO - Gas, Tires, and Oil! Scare tactics used by stealerships obviously work since there's a sucker born every minute. Savvy marketing and sales tactics are live and well even at the service department level. Gotta love capitalism!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 07-15-2024 at 05:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2024, 06:21 AM
sur5or
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default CPO likely not valid if you bought from non-Porsche dealer

Hi OP

your messages make it sound like the “not really an “S”” car was “CPO’d” then auctioned by a Porsche dealer to the non-Porsche dealer that sold it to you? In that case I don’t think the CPO is valid and won’t be honored my Porsche…never mind that I don’t see how the badging issue would pass CPO in the first place.

maybe I have it wrong?
Old 07-15-2024, 11:48 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I agree. I grew up as my old man's little grease monkey. It was your average mom 'n pop garage. I was tasked with all of your usual routine maintenance items such as oil change, brakes, other fluid flushes, tires, etc. and occasionally helping out on more complex repairs. With the exception of modern electronics and computers, cars are cars are cars. The service departments at dealerships are huge revenue generators. I think a brake & rotor job is the number one money maker. A brake job is as easy it gets, as you know. With YouTube and other tutorials online, people just don't have an excuse anymore! Routine maintenance on modern cars are easier in most cases since time=money. For example, oil & filter change on a 911 is so easy that even a caveman can do it! I believe Porsche dealerships charge a few hundred dollars. On my R8, there are 5 oil drain plugs. It's basically 4 more than your average car! An oil & filter change at the dealership is well over $500. It literally takes longer to lift the car and remove the two protective shields than the job itself! It's simply GTO - Gas, Tires, and Oil! Scare tactics used by stealerships obviously work since there's a sucker born every minute. Savvy marketing and sales tactics are live and well even at the service department level. Gotta love capitalism!
You're talking about oil changes and brakes. The brakes on a Toyota don't cost the same as they do on a Porsche, same thing for the oil that's used. Is it easy to do an oil change? Only if you have the right tools. Like your R8 it's going to take more oil then a Camry.
Old 07-15-2024, 11:54 AM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Right! And the right tool includes, among other things, a scanner to reset the oil thingy for $300. I’m at the point where I want to do my own oil changes but the scanner I bought last month did not work which wasted more of my time.

For my time and money, I’m just going to take it in to a dealer. If you all have that time, go for it. I don’t.

Quick Reply: Badged as Cayenne S but has 3.0L engine??