Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 04:07 PM
kingstone
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2019 Cayenne Lithium battery faluire alternative solution

Here's how it all started:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19342501

In summary, as a software engineer and 2019 Cayenne owner, I found an alternative in China after the dealer refused to fix the battery failure, which was to use an AGM lead-acid battery to replace the lithium battery. All we have to do is use a modification kit to make the car compatible with lead-acid batteries.

I replaced the battery a month ago and so far so good. Plus, the ideal lead-acid battery should be AGM 92A or 95A. I used an 80A one and it still worked properly.

As mentioned before, I work for an international trade company, and I reported all the problems encountered by Cayenne owners to my superiors, hoping to bring this technology back to the United States to provide an alternative for everyone.

And here’s what happened recently:
1. First, my request was approved and I received a fund to test whether the business was viable;
2. I flew to Guangzhou, found the manufacturer of the programmer, signed an exclusive agency agreement with them in North America, and asked them to provide us with a complete set of kits;
3. We purchased 100 sets to test this business;
4. The tariff for entry into the United States reaches an astonishing 27.6%;
5. I built a temporary website to introduce this set of products. It is expected to support online ordering next week, and everyone can see the prices and pictures.

The portal is here:
https://www.allbuylow-autoparts.com/

The modification kit is also compatible with the following models:
2019-2023 Porsche Cayenne Lithium Battery
2010-2023 Porsche 992/911 Lithium Battery
2019-2023 PorscheTaycan Lithium Battery
Lamborghini Urus Lithium Battery (Any model equipped with the lithium battery before 2023)
Bentley Bentayga Lithium Battery (Any model equipped with the lithium battery since 2018)

We originally planned to sell to individuals. The programmer can be used multiple times, but considering the manufacturing cost of the programmer itself, it is neither environmentally friendly nor cost-effective if individual users throw it away after using it once. However, we will still provide a small number of personal use versions in the future, but currently, we only provide wholesale versions for the first batch, that is, one OBD programmer can be used more than 10 times.

The ideal buyer would be an auto repair shop. It may be a good idea to call your trusted auto repair shop to purchase the product and have them install it.

Please reply here or email stone@allbuylow.com if you have any suggestions for this business, I'm still learning.

Last edited by kingstone; 04-27-2024 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Expression ambiguity
The following 5 users liked this post by kingstone:
chassis (04-27-2024), Hawkpilot6060 (07-09-2024), Ironman88 (04-28-2024), Schnave (04-27-2024), Vapordan (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 10:08 AM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Good stuff, kingstone. I've saved a link to your post for possible future use. As an owner of a 2019 I worry about developing this issue. How readily available are the AGM 80A replacements? Do you have a suggested source?
Old 04-28-2024, 11:23 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,386 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushinit
Good stuff, kingstone. I've saved a link to your post for possible future use. As an owner of a 2019 I worry about developing this issue. How readily available are the AGM 80A replacements? Do you have a suggested source?
Any retail battery source is good, in my 40-year motoring experience. Dealers have surprisingly good battery prices across brands, it must be a loss leader for them.

The proper AGM part number is posted again and again in the LiFePO4 battery threads.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:02 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Received 364 Likes on 280 Posts

This thread shows you some AGM battery part numbers that you can then cross over to other brands.

2019 Cayenne Battery - Page 46 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Last edited by Ericson38; 04-28-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:27 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 175 Posts

This is advice you probably have already received. Set up an LLC to create protection for your personal assets. Get an attorney to draft language that the new company is not responsible for any bad outcomes when the owner buys and uses your product. Still try and purchase insurance in the event somebody claims damage to their vehicle. You are correct to contact many indy shops for your product. Post on other sites like the Cayenne Forum. Talk to the AGM group on the forum and see if they would like to partner with you.
Old 04-28-2024, 02:36 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by kingstone
Here's how it all started:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19342501

In summary, as a software engineer and 2019 Cayenne owner, I found an alternative in China after the dealer refused to fix the battery failure, which was to use an AGM lead-acid battery to replace the lithium battery. All we have to do is use a modification kit to make the car compatible with lead-acid batteries.

I replaced the battery a month ago and so far so good. Plus, the ideal lead-acid battery should be AGM 92A or 95A. I used an 80A one and it still worked properly.

As mentioned before, I work for an international trade company, and I reported all the problems encountered by Cayenne owners to my superiors, hoping to bring this technology back to the United States to provide an alternative for everyone.

And here’s what happened recently:
1. First, my request was approved and I received a fund to test whether the business was viable;
2. I flew to Guangzhou, found the manufacturer of the programmer, signed an exclusive agency agreement with them in North America, and asked them to provide us with a complete set of kits;
3. We purchased 100 sets to test this business;
4. The tariff for entry into the United States reaches an astonishing 27.6%;
5. I built a temporary website to introduce this set of products. It is expected to support online ordering next week, and everyone can see the prices and pictures.

The portal is here:
https://www.allbuylow-autoparts.com/

The modification kit is also compatible with the following models:
2019-2023 Porsche Cayenne Lithium Battery
2010-2023 Porsche 992/911 Lithium Battery
2019-2023 PorscheTaycan Lithium Battery
Lamborghini Urus Lithium Battery (Any model equipped with the lithium battery before 2023)
Bentley Bentayga Lithium Battery (Any model equipped with the lithium battery since 2018)

We originally planned to sell to individuals. The programmer can be used multiple times, but considering the manufacturing cost of the programmer itself, it is neither environmentally friendly nor cost-effective if individual users throw it away after using it once. However, we will still provide a small number of personal use versions in the future, but currently, we only provide wholesale versions for the first batch, that is, one OBD programmer can be used more than 10 times.

The ideal buyer would be an auto repair shop. It may be a good idea to call your trusted auto repair shop to purchase the product and have them install it.

Please reply here or email stone@allbuylow.com if you have any suggestions for this business, I'm still learning.
Looking forward to the product's commercial release.. Will be buying one..
Old 05-03-2024, 03:12 PM
kingstone
Track Day

I am using H7 AGM (80Ah) but this is not the most ideal replacement. Although everything looks good so far, I still recommend everyone to use a larger one. For example:

Duralast Platinum AGM Battery BCI Group Size 49 900 CCA H8-AGM

The amp hour of this battery model is 95Ah, which output is theoretically close to that of a 60Ah lithium battery.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:17 PM
kingstone
Track Day

Originally Posted by mafpolo
This is advice you probably have already received. Set up an LLC to create protection for your personal assets. Get an attorney to draft language that the new company is not responsible for any bad outcomes when the owner buys and uses your product. Still try and purchase insurance in the event somebody claims damage to their vehicle. You are correct to contact many indy shops for your product. Post on other sites like the Cayenne Forum. Talk to the AGM group on the forum and see if they would like to partner with you.
Very useful suggestion! Inspired by your message, adding relevant terms to the purchase page will avoid a lot of embarrassment. I will also try other sales channels, thank you very much!
Old 05-03-2024, 03:18 PM
kingstone
Track Day

Originally Posted by PorscheACC
Looking forward to the product's commercial release.. Will be buying one..
Thanks for your support! We are soft releasing today... still be a lot of work to do...
Old 05-03-2024, 09:05 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Just ordered the conversion kit. Shows preorder - out of stock but shipping soon. Order number 10002 - I’m guessing I’m the second person to order the kit. Anybody else order a kit?

Will post updates with order-to-shipping times and installation notes when the kit arrives. Looking forward to a good experience!

​​​​​​EDIT: Full installation tutorial here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...on-to-agm.html

Last edited by Schnave; 06-30-2024 at 08:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ironman88 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 01:04 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Just ordered the conversion kit. Shows preorder - out of stock but shipping soon. Order number 10002 - I’m guessing I’m the second person to order the kit. Anybody else order a kit?

Will post updates with order-to-shipping times and installation notes when the kit arrives. Looking forward to a good experience!

I am interested in that kit, too, will buy it when there is actual stock to buy.

Schnave, let us know if there is anything needed besides the kit and the AGM battery..

Schnave (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 01:51 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Received 364 Likes on 280 Posts

I guess a one thousand dollar questions is whether the 2024 went back to the lithium battery set up.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:47 PM
retom
Pro

Received 375 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericson38
I guess a one thousand dollar questions is whether the 2024 went back to the lithium battery set up.
2024 Hybrids have AGM.
i386_64 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 05:46 AM
E'TLS
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

2024 Cayenne S has AGM.
The following 2 users liked this post by E'TLS:
i386_64 (05-06-2024), ihbond (05-06-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 09:13 AM
Vapordan
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericson38
And why?

it might be due to supply issues and not battery failure issues. Hard to say.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Lithium battery faluire alternative solution