Sponsored By:

Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 06:48 PM
Craig
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
After 1 month ownership I have to say, I love this car. I'm a Porsche guy through and through I've had many. The surprising thing is I actually like it better than the 2024 992 Turbo S I sold before I bought it. Perfect daily driver for me.

Agree! Have the same TGT, but with the blue wheels. And traded my ‘21 TTS too. Very happy. Spectacular car!
The following 3 users liked this post by Craig:
chassis (06-22-2024), Muhney (06-22-2024), shak0034 (06-22-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 09:57 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 205 Posts

I love my TGT too, but it's not perfect. I find the push button start and the push button park to be annoying. I'd be ok with just the old fake key **** for starting and stopping. Why would they get rid of something iconic to Porsche?

I've discovered that I cannot edit the normal drive mode settings. This is where the old "individual" setting was beneficial. I often want normal drive (throttle), normal suspicion, sport exhaust, no start/stop and lowered ride height. The only way to get that setting is through the screen and adjusting every setting individually. This is really super annoying.
I miss the underseat cubbies. I guess I should have paid the ridiculous price for misaligned stitching at the base of the seats. The wireless charger doesn't work well at all. One little bump and it turns off and will not start back up.
Not sure if this is a car problem or a phone problem, but I can't get CarPlay to load all of the downloaded albums in my Spotify. All it will show are like the last 10 or so albums I've listened to. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-23-2024, 11:45 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
I love my TGT too, but it's not perfect. I find the push button start and the push button park to be annoying. I'd be ok with just the old fake key **** for starting and stopping. Why would they get rid of something iconic to Porsche?

I've discovered that I cannot edit the normal drive mode settings. This is where the old "individual" setting was beneficial. I often want normal drive (throttle), normal suspicion, sport exhaust, no start/stop and lowered ride height. The only way to get that setting is through the screen and adjusting every setting individually. This is really super annoying.
I miss the underseat cubbies. I guess I should have paid the ridiculous price for misaligned stitching at the base of the seats. The wireless charger doesn't work well at all. One little bump and it turns off and will not start back up.
Not sure if this is a car problem or a phone problem, but I can't get CarPlay to load all of the downloaded albums in my Spotify. All it will show are like the last 10 or so albums I've listened to. Anyone else have this problem?
I don't have any Apple Car play issues and my phone charger works great. I drive all the time in Sport mode so I'm not experiencing the annoyances that you are. I hope it gets better for you.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:36 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure if I pointed this out before, but I had my dealer replace the backseat of my GT with a full seat to hold three people. Belts and all. Was the only way this truck could make sense for me with three kids. For those of you who almost bought a Urus because you need more seating capacity, there is a fix.
The following 2 users liked this post by enzom:
thigos (06-25-2024), user1029 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 04:41 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 374 Likes on 278 Posts

no issues w the wireless charging here. it is possible if i would have them if i didn’t precisely place my phone? i have an iphone 14 pro (the smaller of the two pro models) and i use the apple leather case. I put the phone in and slide it toward the front until i feel the camera bump set down over the forward lip, then i slide the phone back toward me until i feel the camera against that small lip toward the front of the charge pad. maybe this info helps. phone doesn’t ever seem to move even after long drives w a verity of driving. i live in a city so tons of bumps here.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:56 PM
MDWAC3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interesting. approximate cost?
Old 06-23-2024, 09:03 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

That’s great! I was afraid I’d have to sell my TGT for a GTS for the 3 rear seats haha
Old 06-25-2024, 05:52 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by enzom
Not sure if I pointed this out before, but I had my dealer replace the backseat of my GT with a full seat to hold three people. Belts and all. Was the only way this truck could make sense for me with three kids. For those of you who almost bought a Urus because you need more seating capacity, there is a fix.
Would you share some more info on the process and cost of adding the middle seat? Do you just buy the seat base and seatbelt or is there more to it?
Old 06-26-2024, 01:41 AM
MathewSaid
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

After a month of ownership I still can’t get over how bad *** this ride is. Really exceeded my expectations. What a beast!
The following users liked this post:
Muhney (06-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Turbo GT Thread - MY2024+