Sponsored By:

E-Hybrid Departure Schedules over Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2024, 11:29 AM
mattvandyk
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default E-Hybrid Departure Schedules over Weekend

So, my electic utility's cheapest rates are from 11PM-6AM M-F. That same rate is applicable all of Saturday and Sunday. In order to account for the week, I have set up a Departure which optimizes charging during the 11-6 window M-F.

However, since there is no value in optimizing charging over the weekend (since the rate is already at the cheapest possible rate), I would like it to charge directly when it's plugged in from 12AM Saturday to 11:59PM Sunday.

I would like that to just be part of the schedule (I.e., I don't want to have to turn Direct Charging on on Saturdays and remember to turn it off late Sunday), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it do that.

Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2024, 09:14 AM
mattvandyk
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh no. The lack of response suggests this probably isn’t possible. Bah. That’s a bummer.
Old 09-08-2024, 09:32 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 246 Posts

Can you set up the schedule in your charger’s app instead of the car? I mix and match schedules in both our Polestar2 and the ChargePoint charger to fine tune when electricity flows, even though our utility does not offer any discounted times.

Last edited by toma nova; 09-09-2024 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2024, 12:01 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,982 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by mattvandyk
So, my electic utility's cheapest rates are from 11PM-6AM M-F. That same rate is applicable all of Saturday and Sunday. In order to account for the week, I have set up a Departure which optimizes charging during the 11-6 window M-F.

However, since there is no value in optimizing charging over the weekend (since the rate is already at the cheapest possible rate), I would like it to charge directly when it's plugged in from 12AM Saturday to 11:59PM Sunday.

I would like that to just be part of the schedule (I.e., I don't want to have to turn Direct Charging on on Saturdays and remember to turn it off late Sunday), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it do that.

Thoughts?
i turn off the schedule button at the charging port when i plug i. on the weekends - there is no support for your feature in the porsche schedule timers

just push the schedule button to “off” and the car will charge immediately
Old 09-11-2024, 12:25 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by mattvandyk

Thoughts?
Yes, you can set the charging in the app and push it to the car for a weekend schedule. I have a different time set for Sat and Sun as we never take the car out early so I have it set to complete charging at 9.

Quick Reply: E-Hybrid Departure Schedules over Weekend