Sponsored By:

24 Cayenne stop sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 08:51 PM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svinaik1
Finally signed the paper work yesterday. Cars sitting at Davisville are being updated at the port. Porsche system was down yesterday , so dealer could not give me precise date when my Cayenne S will show up at the dealership but I expect it any day next week.

I opted for 10 yr / 100,000 miles warranty also. I intend to keep the car for a long time and had optioned the car to the brim ( PDCC / Rear Axel , Air suspension / Technology package etc. etc.) and felt it necessary to keep the safety of factory warranty for 10 years. Dealer initially offered my a 3rd part warranty , which was about 1,000 Dollars cheaper but I went with "Porsche" warranty.

I also bought the prepaid maintenance ( This was really not a strategic decision but pay now/ pay as you go thing).

Lastly, spent some time in Cay s at the dealer and all I can say is Wow. Really well built and gorgeous.

Lastly, lastly, very relieved that Cayenne still has double sun visor. For some reason, I missed that the first time and wife was not happy and now she is back in happiness zone.
Very exciting! Appreciate the info you have shared about your decisions about warranty and maintenance. My Cay S similarly spec’d was on the same ship as yours then delivered to Jacksonville the day before stop sale delivery. Please keep posting about your delivery date. Curious about if the cars in port are updated FIFO or LIFO? I know we are at different ports but curious about the timing of your delivery.

Last edited by tavi; 08-21-2023 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:03 PM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Does anyone with cars at ports at the Stop Delivery have a PDT date that has updated or not in the 3rd week of September?
Old 08-22-2023, 07:48 AM
rafabmj
AutoX

Originally Posted by tavi
Does anyone with cars at ports at the Stop Delivery have a PDT date that has updated or not in the 3rd week of September?
No. My delivery date continues 9.22; my SA told me yesterday that they don’t have any ideia how many cars are in the “port’s queue for the update” (mine is in the Port since 08.09 (Jacksonville/FL), He confirmed that the update will be done in the Port.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:49 AM
BOBFLYS
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
It looks really nice. My Cayenne order has not locked and that color is on my final two list. I am sure you're happy with your choice. I'm sure pictures don't do it full justice. Did you consider any other colors when picking Algarve?
Rodsky- After turning away a 2023 Midnight Blue S with the coffee/truffle interior, the decision was made to wait for the refresh. The order was placed on day one but I couldn't wait the extra 90 days for the PTS first choice of light oak green metallic. It's not for everyone but algarve blue is very dynamic and second best choice IMO. Super impressed with the machine and have already added 900 miles to it.
The following 3 users liked this post by BOBFLYS:
Patriot (08-22-2023), rodsky (08-22-2023), SR74 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 10:04 AM
svinaik1
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tavi
Nothing updated on TYD as yet. Still showing Sept 26th as the delivery date. Still waiting for the SA to confirm when they expect the car to be delivered to the Dealer from the port. It truly think it will be any day now and Sept delivery date is just a place holder.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:20 AM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by svinaik1
Nothing updated on TYD as yet. Still showing Sept 26th as the delivery date. Still waiting for the SA to confirm when they expect the car to be delivered to the Dealer from the port. It truly think it will be any day now and Sept delivery date is just a place holder.
Nothing has updated on my TGT on the TYD app. The app shows the cargo vessel coming into port at Houston. However, if I go through the TYD link from my email, it shows port entry in Houston on Aug 24, and delivery to my dealership (in Oklahoma) as Sept 1. I confirmed those dates with my dealership and it matches the info he has. TYD doesn't show what vessel my TGT is on, but the dealership gave me the name (LAKE TAUPO). It appears that vessel made port in Tuxpan, Mexico yesterday. So the app isn't matching his info in terms of which port of entry is being used. At this point all I can say is "it'll be here when it gets here."
Old 08-22-2023, 10:56 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 873 Likes on 597 Posts

Thanks for the info BOBFLYS - 900 miles already - awesome and good for you! I also have thought PTS and green - I'm on a green kick lately. But I think green may be better suited to a 911 or a sports car vs a Cayenne (obviously a personal opinion). The Algarve looks really good and luckily its not an expensive option (although I am picking colors independent of cost at this point).
Old 08-22-2023, 12:01 PM
searayex12
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SR74
Nothing has updated on my TGT on the TYD app. The app shows the cargo vessel coming into port at Houston. However, if I go through the TYD link from my email, it shows port entry in Houston on Aug 24, and delivery to my dealership (in Oklahoma) as Sept 1. I confirmed those dates with my dealership and it matches the info he has. TYD doesn't show what vessel my TGT is on, but the dealership gave me the name (LAKE TAUPO). It appears that vessel made port in Tuxpan, Mexico yesterday. So the app isn't matching his info in terms of which port of entry is being used. At this point all I can say is "it'll be here when it gets here."
Don't worry about the ports not lining up. TYD app only shows what day the ship will end up in your destination port and shows the vessel out at sea the whole time. This is not how it works and actually the vessel may make 2-3 stops along the way at different ports, all the while your TYD app shows the vessel in the ocean.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:30 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by searayex12
Don't worry about the ports not lining up. TYD app only shows what day the ship will end up in your destination port and shows the vessel out at sea the whole time. This is not how it works and actually the vessel may make 2-3 stops along the way at different ports, all the while your TYD app shows the vessel in the ocean.
Thanks for clarifying. After I posted, I checked again and saw the vessel is now back underway and headed to Houston! It's due there on the 24th. It's getting closer! It was originally due in mid-August, so it's looking like I'm only going to be a few weeks off of the original projection.
The following users liked this post:
searayex12 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 01:27 PM
bzimmerman
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bewildered

Originally Posted by SR74
Thanks for clarifying. After I posted, I checked again and saw the vessel is now back underway and headed to Houston! It's due there on the 24th. It's getting closer! It was originally due in mid-August, so it's looking like I'm only going to be a few weeks off of the original projection.
I used Marine Traffic ap. Followed it from Emden.
she was on Ivory Ace that stopped In Jacksonville before Houston. Used ap for all of my builds.
The following users liked this post:
SR74 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 02:21 PM
me5967907
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My S arrived in Jacksonville on 7/21. The original delivery date was 7/28 which got pushed to 9/22 when the Stop Sale was placed. The delivery date has yet to change. I spoke with the dealership yesterday (Mon 8/21) and they tell me that they don't have visibility into how many vehicles (in total) are in the port, when they will be updated, and when they will ship. I suspect it's just as likely that my S be updated and placed on a transport this week as it is that this happens next week of next month.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:30 PM
Money1551
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Cayenne S Coupe has been at the Port of San Diego since August 9. My SA said he thinks the vehicle will arrive this week after being updated at the port. Just checked TYD and it says expected delivery of 9/6. I'm hoping my SA's timeline is correct!
Old 08-22-2023, 02:44 PM
knutson99
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Money1551
My Cayenne S Coupe has been at the Port of San Diego since August 9. My SA said he thinks the vehicle will arrive this week after being updated at the port. Just checked TYD and it says expected delivery of 9/6. I'm hoping my SA's timeline is correct!
My S has been at the port of San Diego since August 1st and the tracker still states September 19th. I haven't heard anything from my SA this week.
Old 08-22-2023, 06:41 PM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rafabmj
No. My delivery date continues 9.22; my SA told me yesterday that they don’t have any ideia how many cars are in the “port’s queue for the update” (mine is in the Port since 08.09 (Jacksonville/FL), He confirmed that the update will be done in the Port.
Originally Posted by me5967907
My S arrived in Jacksonville on 7/21. The original delivery date was 7/28 which got pushed to 9/22 when the Stop Sale was placed. The delivery date has yet to change. I spoke with the dealership yesterday (Mon 8/21) and they tell me that they don't have visibility into how many vehicles (in total) are in the port, when they will be updated, and when they will ship. I suspect it's just as likely that my S be updated and placed on a transport this week as it is that this happens next week of next month.
My S arrived Jacksonville 7/28 and delivery date pushed to 9/22 as well. Will be interesting to see when each of our cars are delivered after stacking up at the port over multiple weeks. Mine is headed to Atlanta.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 571 Posts

The next issue is gonna be that they don't have enough trailers to get the cars from the port to the dealer

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale