Sponsored By:

Incoming 2024 E3.2 E-Hybrid - specs and disussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 03:04 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Incoming 2024 E3.2 E-Hybrid - specs and disussion

I would like some critique even though the car has locked and I was going to get it in a few days - now I should get it end of August hopefully. Apparently a software upgrade has to been done at the factory and the EU hybrids will start shipping.

This is a quite medium to heavy optioned car but I think except of the passenger display and the deviated stitching all the others kind of make sense to me.

Porsche Code: http://www.porschecode.com/PR5JB2K5

Exterior Colour: Quarzite Grey Metallic 3M

Interior Colours & Materials: Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/Barrique Red with cross stitching HS

Wheels: 21-inch Cayenne Exclusive Design wheels in Vesuvius Grey Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur V61

Seats: Adaptive Sports Seats in Front (18-Way, electric) Q1J

Exterior packages: SportDesign package painted in Black (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur2D5

Exterior design: Exterior mirrors painted in exterior colour Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur6FU

Exterior package Black (high-gloss) QJ4

E-Hybrid exterior differentiation in Acid Green

Panoramic roof system: 3FU

Roof rails in Black aluminium: 3S2

Adaptive air suspension with levelling system and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 1BK

Sports tailpipes silver Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur0P3

Power steering Plus:QZ7

Thermally and noise insulated glass including privacy glass: VW6

Interior packages & decors/materials:: Decorative stitching in contrasting colour Porsche Exclusive Manufakturbarrique red YZD

Side Airbags in rear compartment

Door sill guards brushed aluminium in Black, illuminated Porsche Exclusive ManufakturVT9

Personalised floor mats with leather edging Porsche Exclusive ManufakturYYX

Lane Change Assist 7Y1

Active Lane Keeping incl. Adaptive Cruise Control PW8

HomeLink® VC2

Porsche Entry 4F2

Preparation Porsche Dashcam (front and rear) Porsche Exclusive ManufakturQK3

Air Quality System 2V3

Ambient lighting QQ1

Smoking package 9JB

Personalised reversible loadspace mat with leather edging and loading edge protection Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur YYZ

Passenger Display PX2

BOSE® Surround Sound System 9VL

Mobile Charger Connect and On-Board AC-Charger with 11 kW KB9

Charging Dock NJ1

Surround View with Active Parking Support FT3 - managed to get it before the stop order date

Some points on the above so this might help some other prospective buyers on the options:

1) Exterior Colour: I used to always have black cars - I actually prefer non metallic black cars - but with dust increasing in the atmosphere I got tired of having to have to wash my cars every few days. So I am trying grey now. With this quarzite grey the Vesuvius grey wheels should match well

2) Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/Barrique Red: I wanted to get bordeaux red as my E3.1 base but somehow porsche messed up the coloured leather coverage on this model so my options were Barrique Red, Mojave Beige and Bramble only. Looking back into this I would push myself to be "brave" and go for bramble and spend the extra 2k on other options

3) I went for the 18 way seats since I did not like my standard seats in my E3.1. The 14 way should be better but the shape is the same as the base ones so I will be trying the 18 way ones. I have tested them and I like them

4) SportDesign package: Expensive option but in my opinion non black car needs this. I hate the external black plastic bumpers the car comes with as standard. On the other hand sports design package might need ppf to protect it

5) E-Hybrid exterior differentiation in Acid Green - This I think I will get tired of this but I still prefer the break calibers coloured than black. When I get tired of the break calibers I will repaint them in barrique red.

6) Decorative stitching in contrasting colour: This is a stupid option for the money. Why did I spec it? All my porsches, even my 997 had standard some form of deviated stitching as standard - it is very nice on the dashboard and on the leather below the window . It seems with the E3.2 they are stopping this standard porsche trend and I decided to add this stupid option

7) Side Airbags in rear compartment: I have kids. Any amount to protect them more is worth it and this is not that expensive

8) Passenger Display. A useless option but the car interior looks much better with this

9) Active Lane Keeping incl. Adaptive Cruise Control PW8 - was not 100% sold on this but I want to test it. The ACC should be useful the ALK will only be used when I am driving and I feel sleepy which happens

10) Air Suspension - A must, one of the reasons I sold my E3.1 base

What the car is missing and would be nice to have:

10) HD-Matrix LED Headlights - Not sure how much the improvement is. If it is substantial then I should have spec it

11) Sports Exhaust - Yes I would like it and sure I will spec it if this as an S but on a Hybrid this is overkill for me

12) Compass/Sport Chrono stopwatch instrument dial bordeaux red - I did not know this looked so go until I saw it a few day's ago in a friend's Macan's. It is quite dark so it will match with barrique red. I might add it later if it is available

13)
Head-Up Display - regretting not ordering this since I want to try it.

14) Burmester - this was not available when the car locked. I actually needed this option and I hope the Bose is good enough

15) Roof lining in Race-Tex - this looks amazing but I had to stop somewhere in the interior options. Same goes for the seat bases in leather.

16) Did not got for PDCC and rear-axle steering. This is a family car and I will not use for spirited drives.

More thoughts:

16) Interior Trim - If I do not like the interior trim then I can easily change to carbon fiber or to something I like. Same should be possible for the door handles which have been described as feeling really chip

17) The rear middle seat in black is awful and it is still present with the $$$ barrique red. Maybe a solution might be released but it will not be cheap

18) Quite weird there are no seat belts in barriuqe red

19) Did not go for the gt sports steering wheel even though i wanted to because I though it will hide even more the instrument dials

20) I will change the rear porsche letters to black but I could not do it on the configurator since I would loose the acid green calibers

Final thoughts

21) The car is only missing two things for me: the burmester that was not availble and the HUD which I wanted to try.

22) The options cost 40k. This is quite ridiculous for a hybrid cayenne. I have a feeling when the S e-hybrid or the GTS is released I would be able to get them at this price or close to this price- especially if the have some of the above options as standard. Since though they are not available now I went with this and tried to personalise it for me as much as possible.

I hope this thread will help might help others
Old 07-23-2023, 03:06 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Configurator "Final" Photos:

Old 07-23-2023, 03:23 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 73 Posts

Only thing I would have added with the kids is the automatic rear shade. Probably a waste of money with several options out there. But I added just to match the interior of the car better. Good luck with your build. I have an s in order that should have been built by now, but it has been delayed at least 4 or 5 times on tyd. Now it doesn’t even freeze until 8/17 and deliver 10/25. Not holding my breath for that to hold.
Old 07-23-2023, 03:43 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gus22
Only thing I would have added with the kids is the automatic rear shade. Probably a waste of money with several options out there. But I added just to match the interior of the car better. Good luck with your build. I have an s in order that should have been built by now, but it has been delayed at least 4 or 5 times on tyd. Now it doesn’t even freeze until 8/17 and deliver 10/25. Not holding my breath for that to hold.
I had the built in rear shades in 2 other SUVs - extremely useful when the kids are infants and toddlers.

Now the kids are over 6 so they like to look out of window. I will still add 3M crystalline thermal tinting - 70% at the back and 30% at the front - so they are well protected.

My heart was actually going for the S with a sports exhaust but I pushed myself to be sensible and try the hybrid.
Old 07-23-2023, 05:29 PM
KeylessGo
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I saw 2 Cayennes in barrique red so far in person. One with the leather trim, and one without it. The one with simple gray plastic trim feels cheap, looks cheap. I highly recommend speccing the interior trim in leather. ( I was having mixed feelings before seeing it in person, as it is a bit costly for a few extra leather pieces, but after, I have no doubts it's needed, I specced mine with leather trims)
​​​​
Old 07-23-2023, 06:34 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KeylessGo
I saw 2 Cayennes in barrique red so far in person. One with the leather trim, and one without it. The one with simple gray plastic trim feels cheap, looks cheap. I highly recommend speccing the interior trim in leather. ( I was having mixed feelings before seeing it in person, as it is a bit costly for a few extra leather pieces, but after, I have no doubts it's needed, I specced mine with leather trims)
​​​​
ok, very good feedback, the trim is quite important for me. I was going for carbon fiber or neodyme with carbon fiber but I though to first have a look since I can change this.

With the interior trim in leather though it seems you still get some plastic on edges, especially on the dashboard. Is this correct or is this another material?

Photos below with standard trim and with leather trim. With the leather trim the configurator still shows the grey plastic trim.

The following users liked this post:
KeylessGo (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 06:55 PM
KeylessGo
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I had the same thoughts.
I did not choose the carbon fiber because.. That would have been the only "carbon fiber" part in the car. Probably would work better with the steering wheel inserts also.
The neodyme looks good only with the black leather ( imo), also it might quickly look dated ( remember the wood inserts into older cars).

The stock silver accents that remain uncovered by the leather trim are quite small and look OK.

This is how I specced mine
​​​​

​​​​​
Old 07-23-2023, 09:35 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KeylessGo
I had the same thoughts.
I did not choose the carbon fiber because.. That would have been the only "carbon fiber" part in the car. Probably would work better with the steering wheel inserts also.
The neodyme looks good only with the black leather ( imo), also it might quickly look dated ( remember the wood inserts into older cars).

The stock silver accents that remain uncovered by the leather trim are quite small and look OK.

This is how I specced mine
​​​​

​​​​​

Nice spec. As I mentioned above I should have been more “brave” and go with bramble and spend the $2k upgrade to baricque red on something else
Old 07-28-2023, 08:04 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

I am trying to help a friend spec a very similar car with the same options and I am thinking to tell him to add the HUD also. I have never had a car with this option so I do not know if it is useful.

Is the display visible in bright sunlight?

Is it useful and worth the $1.5k? Kind of stupid question in a car with $3.5k in stitching and passenger display but you have to pull the plug on some things.

Additionally will it integrate furher with apple car play or only work with pcm controls?

It is one of the options I did not go for and I kind of regret it since I should have tried it
Old 07-28-2023, 08:08 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

The other thing I told him is to go for the leather trim or the carbon fiber or carbon fiber with neodyme. I really did not have a good look at the silver trim and now that I know that it looks cheap it is something that I should somehow fix. I hope DB carbon release something or I might just go with the porsche parts - should be an easy change.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:30 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
I am trying to help a friend spec a very similar car with the same options and I am thinking to tell him to add the HUD also. I have never had a car with this option so I do not know if it is useful.

Is the display visible in bright sunlight?

Is it useful and worth the $1.5k? Kind of stupid question in a car with $3.5k in stitching and passenger display but you have to pull the plug on some things.

Additionally will it integrate furher with apple car play or only work with pcm controls?

It is one of the options I did not go for and I kind of regret it since I should have tried it
--If you (your friend) wears polarized sunglasses, I would skip the HUD. I had it on an Audi and with polarized Maui Jim sunglasses, couldn't see it at all. I recently tested a new Panamera with HUD and wearing polarized prescription sunglasses still couldn't see it except at just the perfect angle every now and then, I could glimpse it. Even Porsche warns about not being able to see it with polarized lens. After paying for it on my Audi several years ago, I'll never bother paying to add it again.
Old 08-13-2023, 09:24 PM
maranag
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

HUD is a bit divisive, polarized glasses aside. Many seem to like it, but some find it distracting and clutters the outside view.

I'm in the latter camp. Frankly don't know why the information there is so urgent that it needs to be in my field of view all the time. If there's a speed camera, my nav will get my attention. Otherwise? Not sure. I'd rather get the Matrix lights - at least they look a bit cooler.
Old 08-13-2023, 11:35 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
ok, very good feedback, the trim is quite important for me. I was going for carbon fiber or neodyme with carbon fiber but I though to first have a look since I can change this.

With the interior trim in leather though it seems you still get some plastic on edges, especially on the dashboard. Is this correct or is this another material?

Photos below with standard trim and with leather trim. With the leather trim the configurator still shows the grey plastic trim.

it seems that the trim options means that a strip of leather or carbon or aluminum are glued to the plastic that’s already there. Is that right?
Old 08-13-2023, 11:56 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 171 Likes on 133 Posts

HUD is great, IMO Once you get used to it you can keep your eyes on the road so it’s safer.
I carry a pair of Golf glasses that block blue light and aren’t polarized, to switch as needed. Polarized glasses reduce glare but also reduce depth of field. These glasses improve judging distance of oncoming traffic and improve detail like sign legibility. In winter I add a second pair of driving glasses with a yellow lens for fog and whiteout conditions. They are attached on visor clips so some might not like the look.
if you do much highway driving get HUD. Around town it’s a waste of money.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:07 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
it seems that the trim options means that a strip of leather or carbon or aluminum are glued to the plastic that’s already there. Is that right?
For the carbon the configurator show it to replace the plastic BUT when you click on it is just a strip so the configurator should be wrong. Photos as below. Neodyme with carbon will remove the plastic. Also Interior package in Deep Brushed Aluminium will remove the plastic

Carbon Photo from Configurator

Photos when you click on the carbon option

Neodyme with Carbon

Leather Option

Deep Brushed Aluminium

Quick Reply: Incoming 2024 E3.2 E-Hybrid - specs and disussion