Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 02:04 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 585 Posts

Your Cayenne looks great in chalk.. Great to see all the owners taking delivery and enjoying their new vehicles and getting 50 miles on electric. I take delivery at PECLA on 7/31 (with my son) - could have been a little sooner but have been travelling. I will get to take it on the track there - I think that's part of the program..
The following users liked this post:
cheatar (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 08:17 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

For those of you who are reporting 50 miles of all-electric range with the new e-hybrid, can you please state what speeds you're typically driving at to get 50 miles?
Mainly "around-town" (non-highway-speed) driving?

thanks
Old 07-17-2024, 10:00 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
For those of you who are reporting 50 miles of all-electric range with the new e-hybrid, can you please state what speeds you're typically driving at to get 50 miles?

thanks
Mainly around town. We have some very fun twisty roads here that are 40-60 though most miles are suburban boulevards. I start the ICE to get on the fwy, but I’ll switch over to e-power once there and run it into the 80s on the battery.

The Go Button is a lot of fun, but mind the about five second delay. As a comparison, my 911 response is instant. The Tip is nice, but it’s not a PDK.
Old 07-18-2024, 05:42 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 168 Posts

Speaking of Chalk Cayennes, I just picked this up Saturday.

The following 3 users liked this post by Tedster:
mdrobc1213 (07-18-2024), nkhalidi (07-21-2024), rodsky (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 11:23 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy

thanks
Today all the way home on e-power along about 42 miles [stopped for 12 pack of Coke-Cola] included about 25 miles highway driving at 76 mph using ACC...rest was 2 lane to 4 lane suburb and more rural roads. Had 4 miles range left when arrived at home.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:56 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Well after placing my order in May of last year - I was able to pick up my Cayenne eHybrid yesterday. I had it scheduled for pick up at the PEC LA. This was a very cool 4+ hour way to spend the afternoon yesterday. To include driving the 2024 Cayenne S on the track and through water and oil (lose control etc). These SUVs handle very well for such large vehicles.

I dont have detailed driving impressions just yet - but so far I am extremely happy. First off the color is really great - Algarve blue. Had never seen it in the flesh and its perfect. Dark and just what I wanted. The fit and finish in the car is great. I got the 18 ways and two tone (black / red leather) and it looks very nice.

Have only driven 30 miles or so - but had it up to 80 on the freeway in pure electric and its pretty good. I still have 12 miles of range left. I got the air suspension and in normal mode - it soaks up the bumps on the freeway for a comfortable ride. Brakes feel great.

Overall I am happy and while I was sad to see my LR Defender go - it exceeded my expectations - the Cayenne is a very good replacement. The fit and finish seems top notch. More to come.

The unveiling..

Great experience at PEC LA.

The new pre-release Macan Turbo. Super fast on the track!

My Algarve Blue - Cayenne eHybrid.

Lunch in the restaurant - 917 - food was excellent

Porsche shaped butter

Last edited by rodsky; 08-03-2024 at 12:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rodsky:
DC1960 (08-01-2024), MAXFPS (08-01-2024), mdrobc1213 (08-09-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 10:18 PM
MAXFPS
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

@rodsky Congratulations! I'm super curious about PECLA. Did they let you drive your own new car there on the track, or just a similar Cayenne and the Macan? I'm pretty sure it's too late for me to schedule my Turbo E-Hybrid pickup at PECLA... but I may have to make the trip and take my kid to the Young Drivers program in October.

This is an upgrade from my '24 base Cayenne which is the best car I've ever driven, so I know you'll love yours!
Old 08-01-2024, 10:44 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
@rodsky Congratulations! I'm super curious about PECLA. Did they let you drive your own new car there on the track, or just a similar Cayenne and the Macan? I'm pretty sure it's too late for me to schedule my Turbo E-Hybrid pickup at PECLA... but I may have to make the trip and take my kid to the Young Drivers program in October.

This is an upgrade from my '24 base Cayenne which is the best car I've ever driven, so I know you'll love yours!
Hey @MAXFPS - I didn't get to drive my actual car on the track - which is probably for the best as its brand new and not really broken in. They had 3 2024 Cayenne S there. All with the new 8 cylinder engine. So you get one of those and get to track it pretty hard. Including launch control and max speed to a corner - albeit down a short straight. Get to around 95 - probably could get to 100 but I may have been a little more cautious than I needed to be when getting on the brakes. Then you go into a banked corner which apparently is like a replica of some famous corner on the Nurburgring. There are several things that they let you do. Not quite a GT3RS on the track but cool getting to know the Cayenne and what it can do. The Macan was a pre-production EV Turbo. I told them I'd be interested in one for my wife. So they took me out in that with my kids - but they had to drive it. Its fast! The instructor guy did LC and showed us a little of what it can do. Pretty impressive. Its a little small in the rear - not a lot of leg room but I'm interested for sure. The Macan 4S with 509HP looks to be enough for my wife. She currently has an iX and she does like it.

I dont know if you can do PECLA delivery after the fact. But if you're going with a kid or 2 like i did, it was totally worth it. Give it a bash? Mine are 20 and 18 and they really enjoyed it. My 20 year old daughter wants to go when she's 21 and she can get to drive on the track - I may look into that for her birthday present. The young drivers program sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can sign them up for that too.
MAXFPS (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 04:27 AM
FmrMacanOwner
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Turbo E-hybrid still stuck at Benicia port since late May

Delivery has been promised every week since May 28, but CARB still refuses to release this model.

Current promised delivery date is August 9/10 but at this point I have zero faith it will happen.

So very frustrating. Car was ordered nearly a year ago on the first day the configurator was posted.

Last edited by FmrMacanOwner; 08-02-2024 at 10:55 AM.
MAXFPS (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 04:31 AM
MAXFPS
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by rodsky
I dont know if you can do PECLA delivery after the fact. But if you're going with a kid or 2 like i did, it was totally worth it. Give it a bash? Mine are 20 and 18 and they really enjoyed it. My 20 year old daughter wants to go when she's 21 and she can get to drive on the track - I may look into that for her birthday present. The young drivers program sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can sign them up for that too.
I signed my 17 year old up for the October 20th Young Drivers program at PECLA! Now I just need to choose what car I want to drive that day...
Old 08-02-2024, 04:33 AM
MAXFPS
Advanced

Originally Posted by FmrMacanOwner
Delivery has been promised every week since May 28, but CARB still refuses to release this model.

Current promised delivery date is August 9/10 but at this point I have zero faith it will happen.

So very frustrating. Car was ordered nearly a year ago in the day the configurator was posted.
Oh man this is frustrating. Well my TEH might just get parked right next to yours next month. Maddeningly, my car is destined for Oregon but I'm guessing everything destined for a CA dealer or even going thru CA will be stuck pending CA rules.
Old 08-02-2024, 06:15 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 187 Posts

Mine may have been one of the first to arrive unfortunately

Old 08-02-2024, 10:48 AM
CayenneTE1510
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

This has to be the saddest joke ever—waiting and getting frustrated to pay nearly $200K (including taxes and PPF) with no clear timeline. For me, this is a dream purchase which is the second most expensive purchase after my house, and this treatment is completely unfair.The dealership is clueless, and between CARB - PCNA nobody cares, even though they know I've already waited almost a year. Of course, PCNA still get their money. This has been such a bad experience so far.

These dates are just hypotheticals; they don’t mean anything in terms of ETA.

Old 08-02-2024, 10:54 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 187 Posts

It is very hard to not walk on the purchase. They are nice cars but the bull**** sucks the enjoyment out of the process.
CayenneTE1510 (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 11:37 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Its hard not to walk - I waited from last May till this week. And i considered walking too. But when you take delivery it will have been worth the wait. I know its easier said than done - but hopefully this all gets resolved shortly.
MAXFPS (08-03-2024)

Quick Reply: All Hybrid Builds have been Delayed until at least January