Sponsored By:

Cayenne Traffic Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 10:48 AM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cayenne Traffic Navigation

I am not able to see the traffic in my navigation for the 2023 EH Plat. I have an active XM subscription.
Any help someone can provide on where to look and what could be missing?
Appreciate your help.

Old 04-21-2023, 12:43 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 580 Likes on 360 Posts

In my 2022 Cayenne, I go into "Map Settings" (by pressing the three dots on the lower right of the map screen), select "More Navigation Settings", and then select "Show traffic symbols",

I hope that traffic information isn't from XM. Most car companies stopped using XM for traffic information years ago. XM traffic in the several vehicles that have had it has been worthless where we live.
The following users liked this post:
poolie (05-01-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 01:01 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

I was told by the dealer that it is XM so will find out when the XM trials end.
So suddenly all my messages to and from the car came to a little while ago and I see green lines for traffic - I guess it must have been a server issue somewhere. I hope it is not my car.
Old 04-21-2023, 02:50 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by sumsuv
I was told by the dealer that it [Traffic Information] is XM so will find out when the XM trials end.
So suddenly all my messages to and from the car came to a little while ago and I see green lines for traffic - I guess it must have been a server issue somewhere. I hope it is not my car.
Traffic information (Navigation Plus) is part of your Porsche Connect service. The service varies according to Model Year, but for 2022-2023 models, you get a 3 year subscription included with your purchase.

**No Sirius XM subscription needed for traffic information**

Read all about it here:
https://connect-store.porsche.com/us...l=cayenne_2022

Last edited by Schnave; 04-21-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:24 PM
sumsuv
Intermediate

Oh wow, good to know, it would make sense because with the traffic restores Porsche connect messages came through as well.
but crazy for my rep to tell me that I need XM to kee the traffic!!
Old 04-21-2023, 04:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Oh wow, good to know, it would make sense because with the traffic restores Porsche connect messages came through as well.
but crazy for my rep to tell me that I need XM to kee the traffic!!

LOL, not crazy. Typical.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:00 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 218 Posts

I am not able to see the traffic in my navigation for the 2023 EH Plat. I have an active XM subscription.
Any help someone can provide on where to look and what could be missing?
Appreciate your help.
Your navigation traffic display seems to be working just like mine, and if so you're not missing anything. I have a 2022 base and found Porsche's traffic system to be pretty much useless. I rely instead on Google or Apple maps through CarPlay. Every time I've checked, Porsche's Nav has said there is no traffic on my route - and I'm seeing that while at a dead stop with many minutes of traffic to go according to Google or Apple maps.

Last edited by LSR; 04-22-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:12 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,124 Posts

The Navi in these are similar to the taycan, and don’t use XM like the previous gen 958 i had (those sucked, traffic was so laggy and useless).
The realtime updates at least in SoCal for the in car Navi using porsche connect data are still not as good as google maps or Apple Maps or waze. It’s better, and it’s pretty good on highways, but local streets those apps are a lot better, more current.
its honestly not the system/app, its the data sources. Whoever porsche buys their data from can’t compete with those others who have invested heavily in realtime updates due to how much their apps are used.
The following users liked this post:
poolie (05-01-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 03:25 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The Navi in these are similar to the taycan, and don’t use XM like the previous gen 958 i had (those sucked, traffic was so laggy and useless).
The realtime updates at least in SoCal for the in car Navi using porsche connect data are still not as good as google maps or Apple Maps or waze. It’s better, and it’s pretty good on highways, but local streets those apps are a lot better, more current.
its honestly not the system/app, its the data sources. Whoever porsche buys their data from can’t compete with those others who have invested heavily in realtime updates due to how much their apps are used.
Dunno. Waze today wash showing the collector road by my house in solid red, and I was the only car on it in both directions. Gotta take all of these with a very large grain of salt.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Traffic Navigation