Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Second Driver settings - still confuses me !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 08:42 AM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Second Driver settings - still confuses me !!

Hi All, it's been 3 months of ownership of MY23 e hybrid and we are still struggling with the most reliable and best way to use the seat and side mirror settings ONLY for the second driver. I know we have three options to do this as below:

1) Use the first key and then use the memory buttons on the driver's door under '2' for the second driver.
2) Use the first key and create a new profile and each time the second driver gets in, he/she needs to select the respective profile from PCM.
3) Use the second key as the settings and profile holder for the second driver.

We have been using the option #1 because of its easiness but its more or less a hit/ miss occasionally. Can someone tell me what would be the best and most reliable/ideal way.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:55 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

We use #2. I set my wife up on her own account with her email. That way it remembers her presets, customizations, and has her Spotify login as well.

works a charm. The profiles are located at the top of the main menu. Just a few swipes and it changes.

Her profile is the primary one. If I am driving, and set to mine, since the key we use is linked to her profile, if I was the last driver and start on her key, it asks if we want to revert back. It’s the first thing that comes up on the PCM. So it’s easy for her since she doesn’t even have to do the few swipes to revert back, just hit ok.

if you want it to be seat and mirrors only, just create the profile with all the other items the same.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 04-22-2023 at 10:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rajatparihar (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 11:49 AM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 284 Likes on 183 Posts

How do you link a specific key to a specific profile?
Old 04-22-2023, 12:00 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Use 2a. first key + her driver profile + PCM setting to activate her driver profile with her phone pairing.

When she enters the vehicle with key 1 the PCM will link her phone and activate her driver profile.

Last edited by chassis; 04-22-2023 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:42 PM
rajatparihar
Racer

Originally Posted by chassis
Use 2a. first key + her driver profile + PCM setting to activate her driver profile with her phone pairing.

When she enters the vehicle with key 1 the PCM will link her phone and activate her driver profile.
Do you mean she needs to create a Porsche ID of hers, or should I need to add her under my Porsche account somehow?
Old 04-22-2023, 04:43 PM
rajatparihar
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
We use #2. I set my wife up on her own account with her email. That way it remembers her presets, customizations, and has her Spotify login as well.

works a charm. The profiles are located at the top of the main menu. Just a few swipes and it changes.

Her profile is the primary one. If I am driving, and set to mine, since the key we use is linked to her profile, if I was the last driver and start on her key, it asks if we want to revert back. It’s the first thing that comes up on the PCM. So it’s easy for her since she doesn’t even have to do the few swipes to revert back, just hit ok.

if you want it to be seat and mirrors only, just create the profile with all the other items the same.
Did you create your own Porsche account separately and added your car under your account as well?
Old 04-22-2023, 07:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by rajatparihar
Did you create your own Porsche account separately and added your car under your account as well?
My email was the first used. Log into your account ON THE WEB, not the app, and scroll down. You will see “add secondary user”. Hit that and go from there.
The following 2 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
chassis (04-22-2023), rajatparihar (04-22-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 08:02 PM
rajatparihar
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
My email was the first used. Log into your account ON THE WEB, not the app, and scroll down. You will see “add secondary user”. Hit that and go from there.
Just did it now. Thanks a mil you both
The following 2 users liked this post by rajatparihar:
chassis (04-22-2023), Needsdecaf (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 12:05 AM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 194 Posts

We’ve had issues with this also. The keys don’t seem to always change to who is driving. When on long trips we hit the memory button on the door when changing drivers to change the settings. It usually changes the profile also.

Quick Reply: Second Driver settings - still confuses me !!