Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:16 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkenbout
yes, I tried, but it doesn’t seem to work because it’s an European car.
I think that link is for USA but if you search from Google “porsche recall lookup”, it might redirect you to a website that can work with your VIN number.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:51 PM
speedmax
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxboy
All good, I think SPEEDMAX is the guy we need to check the recall link again and see if it comes up there. He is in Aust and has a recall.
hey guys just checked the recall site again and no recall. My car does shown up but same as the Imaged posted above no recall on this car.

but when I was at the dealer there is a recall notice on their page.

my car was built early Oct 2021. GTS wagon.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:52 PM
speedmax
Track Day

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I think that link is for USA but if you search from Google “porsche recall lookup”, it might redirect you to a website that can work with your VIN number.
I’ve also tried that and seems always taken to USA site. Porsche AUstralia does not have a recall checking page.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:58 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speedmax
hey guys just checked the recall site again and no recall. My car does shown up but same as the Imaged posted above no recall on this car.

Thanks for the update.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:00 PM
joinauto
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The dealership finally got the parts and started working on the car. Probably will be ready this Friday. Still discussing the compensation.
For the compensation, are you discussing with the dealership or Porsche company directly?
Old 02-01-2022, 10:44 PM
BigA
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedmax

Thanks for confirming that. I guess we have to wait and see if Porsche inform the dealer directly of the issue before collecting the vehicle.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Arkenbout
AutoX

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
No, sorry, doesn’t work.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:30 PM
SHRMN8TR
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The dealership finally got the parts and started working on the car. Probably will be ready this Friday. Still discussing the compensation.
Hey Arkenbout, any update from your dealership? If you don't mind, can you share the work order and which exact parts where replaced/fixed?
Old 02-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Arkenbout
AutoX

Originally Posted by SHRMN8TR
Hey Arkenbout, any update from your dealership? If you don't mind, can you share the work order and which exact parts where replaced/fixed?
Picked up the car today. Didn’t come to an agreement in compensation yet, but it seems they’re willing to extend the warranty.

Dont have a work order or something similar.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:23 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 145 Posts

Picked up the car today. Didn’t come to an agreement in compensation yet, but it seems they’re willing to extend the warranty.

Dont have a work order or something similar.
Glad to hear you got it back finally!

An extended warranty is a good start but not very meaningful to me since I don’t plan on keeping this car THAT long. If it was my targa GTS that’s coming, sure, but a family SUV I’ll probably want to upgrade sooner. Fingers crossed they do reasonable things as far as compensation (or some sort of concession) is concerned.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:32 PM
Arkenbout
AutoX

Originally Posted by av12345
Glad to hear you got it back finally!

An extended warranty is a good start but not very meaningful to me since I don’t plan on keeping this car THAT long. If it was my targa GTS that’s coming, sure, but a family SUV I’ll probably want to upgrade sooner. Fingers crossed they do reasonable things as far as compensation (or some sort of concession) is concerned.
I agree, I usually get a new one every 1-2 years. But the extended warranty could help the re-sale value. But then again, we haven’t come to an agreement yet.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:32 PM
SHRMN8TR
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Arkenbout for the update. If you get more details on what was actually fixed it'll help us understand what's going on with our vehicles. I believe some panamera's with V8 turbo's are also on the stop sale. At least in the US.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:06 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

How is the car driving? Have you inspected the engine bay/front bumper for damage etc?
Old 02-09-2022, 01:46 AM
ppsa
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

- What model : GTS Couple
- When was the car produced : September 2021
- When the owner found out : Been informed just before Christmas break. And more recently a letter from the dealership informing that there will be further delay and the replacement parts COULD BE available in second quarter of 2022.

Will provide more info once I heard from them again.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:49 AM
speedmax
Track Day

Originally Posted by ppsa
- What model : GTS Couple
- When was the car produced : September 2021
- When the owner found out : Been informed just before Christmas break. And more recently a letter from the dealership informing that there will be further delay and the replacement parts COULD BE available in second quarter of 2022.

Will provide more info once I heard from them again.

got the same official letter too, eta 2nd quarter, however it also stated both valve spring and exhaust valves need to be replaced. Whats involved in exhaust valves replacement on Porsche engine ? Is that a big issue?

Last edited by speedmax; 02-10-2022 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS MY22 Australia Recall! What to do?