Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 03:55 PM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Guys,coming back on seats

i have a Coupè hybrid with the 18 way seats…and i find a perfect position for the sides in way to not fly off the seat (due i’m thin… )
on the order of the GT i choose the standard seats with alcantara…becouse i like the aurum insert and the script,but now i have fear to be not able to find a good position for the lateral force ,specially becouse maybe i will drive in a different way than with the hybrid… and seats will be important.

so

you with the standard seats ,give me some impressions…i must stay?
mine will be white with aurum wheels…and to go with 18 ways whant to tell to choose between all black inside or red…black seems to me too much “normal” and red that i like ,but with white car ,gold rims ,and yellow calipers will be like a rainbow.

my freeze date is 18 August…

thanks
The following users liked this post:
cc13 (03-30-2023)
Old 06-13-2022, 06:47 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

First, I'd like to compliment unotaz on those fine pictures -- especially the blue exhaust pipe tips. I felt so guilty that mine were black, that I got my aXX in gear, and cleaned mine -- so now they're blue again. On another topic (probably only interest to me), I came across the first TGT on the road, besides mine yesterday. In fact it was a twin (arctic gray), at a stop light on Newport Coast Drive -- turning into Pelican Hill. I'm surprise it took so long considering the high end cars I see daily passing by.

Responding to SuperDarius regarding the seats, this is my take:

I was concerned as you on whether I should go with the 8-way sport's with the really nice standard alcantara interior, versus the 18-ways and the leather interior without all the nice stuff as standard. I had the opportunity to sit in the TGT 8-way sport seat last Fall at the LA Car Show, however the circumstances were far from ideal, as the car was not moving, and I was being mobbed by those who wanted the same experience, but were not allowed into the vehicle. There was plenty of security, but I didn't want to press my luck, so I wasn't in it too long. My take was that it was stiffer than the 18-ways but seemed OK. This was around the freeze point of my build, so I hoped for the best with the current configuration.

When I picked it up, and drove about 60 miles home, the back of the seat seemed a bit firm for my liking -- there seemed to be a bulge in the lower back area. BTW, my wife initially noticed the same on her front passenger seat -- unprompted by me concerning my take on the comfort. After driving it a couple of weeks, it seemed more comfortable -- to the point that I like it and have no regrets. And my wife has not commented on this issue, and seems to love the comfort. But again, I'm not going to inquire and open up a potential problem, as she like riding in the car. BTW, the road feel is very good, although the roads are in good shape in my area.

Comfort is a personal thing, and while the seats work for me, others may feel differently. While I'm very happy with the 8-ways, I would have gone with the 18-ways if it had been offered with the sport interior, so I wouldn't have been concerned during the 7 months between when I ordered it to delivery.

I am average weight (on the slim side) and height, generally don't find the need to change lumbar support, or the settings to extend the seat cushion forward. 8-ways are fine for me, as long as the cushions / bolsters, and other stuff are comfortable.

Best of luck to you

Last edited by philg3; 06-14-2022 at 10:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by philg3:
armanslr (06-13-2022), SuperDarius (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 01:16 AM
4dRennwagen
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Here is one under the sun

Loving the beautiful green!!
Old 06-14-2022, 10:58 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,672 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Guys,coming back on seats

i have a Coupè hybrid with the 18 way seats…and i find a perfect position for the sides in way to not fly off the seat (due i’m thin… )
on the order of the GT i choose the standard seats with alcantara…becouse i like the aurum insert and the script,but now i have fear to be not able to find a good position for the lateral force ,specially becouse maybe i will drive in a different way than with the hybrid… and seats will be important.

so

you with the standard seats ,give me some impressions…i must stay?
mine will be white with aurum wheels…and to go with 18 ways whant to tell to choose between all black inside or red…black seems to me too much “normal” and red that i like ,but with white car ,gold rims ,and yellow calipers will be like a rainbow.

my freeze date is 18 August…

thanks
I also have the base seats because of the same reasons (Mine is in the launch colors inside and out) but concerned about the base seats. I’m fat and round, 6’4”.

I’d prefer the full luxury seats etc but can’t get it in the launch colors …

That green is gorgeous

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 06-14-2022 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:32 PM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
First, I'd like to compliment unotaz on those fine pictures -- especially the blue exhaust pipe tips. I felt so guilty that mine were black, that I got my aXX in gear, and cleaned mine -- so now they're blue again. On another topic (probably only interest to me), I came across the first TGT on the road, besides mine yesterday. In fact it was a twin (arctic gray), at a stop light on Newport Coast Drive -- turning into Pelican Hill. I'm surprise it took so long considering the high end cars I see daily passing by.

Responding to SuperDarius regarding the seats, this is my take:

I was concerned as you on whether I should go with the 8-way sport's with the really nice standard alcantara interior, versus the 18-ways and the leather interior without all the nice stuff as standard. I had the opportunity to sit in the TGT 8-way sport seat last Fall at the LA Car Show, however the circumstances were far from ideal, as the car was not moving, and I was being mobbed by those who wanted the same experience, but were not allowed into the vehicle. There was plenty of security, but I didn't want to press my luck, so I wasn't in it too long. My take was that it was stiffer than the 18-ways but seemed OK. This was around the freeze point of my build, so I hoped for the best with the current configuration.

When I picked it up, and drove about 60 miles home, the back of the seat seemed a bit firm for my liking -- there seemed to be a bulge in the lower back area. BTW, my wife initially noticed the same on her front passenger seat -- unprompted by me concerning my take on the comfort. After driving it a couple of weeks, it seemed more comfortable -- to the point that I like it and have no regrets. And my wife has not commented on this issue, and seems to love the comfort. But again, I'm not going to inquire and open up a potential problem, as she like riding in the car. BTW, the road feel is very good, although the roads are in good shape in my area.

Comfort is a personal thing, and while the seats work for me, others may feel differently. While I'm very happy with the 8-ways, I would have gone with the 18-ways if it had been offered with the sport interior, so I wouldn't have been concerned during the 7 months between when I ordered it to delivery.

I am average weight (on the slim side) and height, generally don't find the need to change lumbar support, or the settings to extend the seat cushion forward. 8-ways are fine for me, as long as the cushions / bolsters, and other stuff are comfortable.

Best of luck to you
thanks for the write up…really exhaustive.

I will stay with the base sport setup…
stupid thing that they not offer the 18 ways with alcantara etc,..
also I will loose the heated steering wheel too…that I like on my current hybrid.

thanks again
Old 06-15-2022, 10:25 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I had the Innodrive and the night vision camera on my Panamera Turbo S eHybrid. 4 years and 2 broken cameras later from rock hits, never again!

The Porsche Innodrive system is quite useless and the way Porsche designed its night vision camera is horrible. You can't replace the lens cover of the camera (which is what is cracked from the rock hits), the whole unit needs to be replaced and it costs $5500 each time plus calibration. Bumper needs to come off as well.

So on my Turbo GT, I kept it simple and only opted for the Lane Keep Assist.
Yeah, I had the Innodrive stuff on my Taycan Turbo - was interesting to use on a long trip in a traffic jam. Other than that one time use, didn't ever use it.

I did same as you.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:27 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

For people in the US, what are your seeing for time between production complete and arrival at port?

With my GT3, the car took a while to travel from the factory before it was loaded on a ship, but the shipping time was actually rather quick.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:10 AM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Car finally arrived at dealership 6/15/22. This is approx a yr from hearing rumors about this model. I started the other thread (Cayenne GT Coupe) on 5/24/21 before we knew the actual model name.
Taking delivery on 6/27. Long time to wait for sure but I think it will be well worth it. Lapping day scheduled 8/4… agree it’s ridiculous but it’s just for fun 🤩!

Last edited by JCL59; 06-16-2022 at 08:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JCL59:
philg3 (06-16-2022), raymort (06-16-2022), SuperDarius (06-16-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 08:37 AM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 62 Posts

Still patiently waiting for my TGT sitting in Jacksonville. Meanwhile picking up a Model X today ordered 9 months ago…. Hope the TGT moves a little faster than that.
The following 2 users liked this post by IXIXI:
raymort (07-01-2022), SuperDarius (06-16-2022)
Old 06-16-2022, 09:16 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCL59
Car finally arrived at dealership 6/15/22. This is approx a yr from hearing rumors about this model. I started the other thread (Cayenne GT Coupe) on 5/24/21 before we knew the actual model name.
Taking delivery on 6/27. Long time to wait for sure but I think it will be well worth it. Lapping day scheduled 8/4… agree it’s ridiculous but it’s just for fun 🤩!
Can you share your build?
Old 06-16-2022, 09:41 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
Looking forward to your feedback after track day.
Congrats Joe on such a beautiful vehicle with an inconspicuous build....I bet you also have deleted the Turbo GT off the back.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:27 PM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Will do Mo.. yes haha deleted TGT from rear. Thinking I’ll do model code for vanity plate. Hard to memorize and you know I’m gonna **** somebody off..
Old 06-17-2022, 11:12 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Model code plate already claimed
Old 06-18-2022, 09:52 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,672 Likes on 776 Posts

Ugh, they screwed up the order. It seems like the car is built but the only available date to pick it up in Europe is December?!?! It’s freakin June…
I’ve told them to keep the car, the car is sitting there, wrote an email that I don’t need the plane ticket, hotel, factory tour and all that stuff, I just need the key. . .

Same story with my GT4, being build now and pickup ED in October for that one.
It could be snowing in Oct… Told Porsche to sell it to someone else then. I haven’ t heard the last word yet but Porsche is still pretty much messed up.

I could ship them straight here but dealer will miss the extra allocation and the biggest reason for the new Porsches is ED…

My GT4RS has a build date of November putting the GT4 and GT4RS pickup very close together but who k owns what will happen with the RS ED…
Situation seems to get worse not better still…
Old 06-18-2022, 10:12 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ugh, they screwed up the order. It seems like the car is built but the only available date to pick it up in Europe is December?!?! It’s freakin June…
I’ve told them to keep the car, the car is sitting there, wrote an email that I don’t need the plane ticket, hotel, factory tour and all that stuff, I just need the key. . .

Same story with my GT4, being build now and pickup ED in October for that one.
It could be snowing in Oct… Told Porsche to sell it to someone else then. I haven’ t heard the last word yet but Porsche is still pretty much messed up.

I could ship them straight here but dealer will miss the extra allocation and the biggest reason for the new Porsches is ED…

My GT4RS has a build date of November putting the GT4 and GT4RS pickup very close together but who k owns what will happen with the RS ED…
Situation seems to get worse not better still…
Dang!

A buddy of mine just had his ED date blown - the day after they said it was solid. Was supposed to be in a couple of weeks. Now the best they can do is late September, but that’s probably not available any longer.

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?