Sponsored By:

Water fluid leaking from backup camera?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 04:22 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

On my 23 the wash function comes up on the touch screen when in reverse. Mine’s not leaking. Yet.
Old 07-08-2024, 10:21 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Is the metal spring clip removal necessary to replace the camera washer check valve? I can't see how the metal clip relates to the camera washer.
The metal clips are attached to the big black trim piece that covers the lower half of the hatch on the inside. You must remove that trim piece to access all of this. When you remove it, the clips are yanked out of their plastic mounts on the trim piece, and are basically stuck in the hatch as my picture shows. I think there are 12 of them. The trim piece itself is shown in Schnave's picture at this URL. It's the whole thing that holds the hatch switch, the lights, etc.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post17491026

Once you have removed that big trim piece, you will see this. The blue box shows where the camera/check valve connections are in the hatch (and I guess the license plate lights). The orange circles are most (if not all) of the clip connection points where the trim piece mounts to the hatch.

The following 2 users liked this post by runbuh:
chassis (07-08-2024), Schnave (07-08-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 07:45 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

One last bit of documentation. If you find the Center Taillight Removal thread and look for the replacement part to the metal clips, you'll end up with a part number that provides a smaller (shorter) clip. Part "8" from the diagram below is what I ordered, but what I got looked more like Part 2 (and I confirmed/ordered the part with my local Porsche Parts counter).
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/...1/8/807/807040

Fear not. The smaller ones work fine. Original/taller clip on the right (that I slightly mangled). Smaller clip on the left. You can see that the important parts of the clips are basically the same size.

The following 2 users liked this post by runbuh:
chassis (07-10-2024), Schnave (07-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Water fluid leaking from backup camera?