Sponsored By:

ACC Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 04:40 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts
Default ACC Not Available

Anyone else have their adaptive cruise control fail? I was cruising along the freeway when the message below popped on my screen. I thought it would reset if I stopped and restarted my Cayenne but no luck. I have a service appt but it's 9 days out and I have a 7 hr drive three days later and I do not want to drive 7 hrs on a busy freeway without ACC

ACC not available
Driving Permitted
Service necessary
Old 06-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Sorry for your trouble dasams. This happened to me when driving in heavy snow. When I cleared the snow from the radar dome, the warning went away. I know this sounds like me asking to check the fuel level when your car won’t start . . . but did you check your radar dome for bugs, dirt, or other obstructions?
Old 06-07-2021, 06:34 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Sorry for your trouble dasams. This happened to me when driving in heavy snow. When I cleared the snow from the radar dome, the warning went away. I know this sounds like me asking to check the fuel level when your car won’t start . . . but did you check your radar dome for bugs, dirt, or other obstructions?
the system can auto detect any obstruction on the "eye". It will not say "service necessary" if there is a physical obstruction of the "eye"
Old 06-08-2021, 10:46 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Had this occur on my ‘11 CTT a few years back. The system required re-calibration using the dealer-specific equipment/system for servicing the PAS/ACC. Never had another problem with it. Impact from road debris on the ACC ‘eye’ can cause the need for re-calibration.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:33 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
I had the same message on my 992. Tech cleaned the camera with a foaming glass cleaner and it went away
Old 06-09-2021, 11:34 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

OP here. I washed the radar / camera on the front bumper but I still have the ACC error message. I have an appt next week and will report back.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:46 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
OP here. I washed the radar / camera on the front bumper but I still have the ACC error message. I have an appt next week and will report back.
Hey dasams, did the dealer figure out your ACC malfunction?
Old 07-07-2021, 12:05 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Yes Porsche service was able to fix it. The mechanic reset the faults and recalibrated the radar. No word on what caused the failure 😣
The following users liked this post:
Schnave (07-07-2021)
Old 09-30-2022, 06:17 PM
Katimgirls
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise control not working

My ACC went out about a year ago. I had it fixed and a month later again it went out. I brought it in again and they told me it was damaged so I paid 5,200 to get it replaced and within a week the light went back on. Now they have told me I need to wait for the software update for the problem to be fixed and they have no idea when that will happen, I like the car but who wants to drive around for over a year with the ACC beeping all the time not to
mention that I am unable to use the cruise control. It’s so frustratingly!

The following users liked this post:
porsche.earth (04-16-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Chaifu2002
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I had my Cayenne calibrated in Porsche dealer one month ago and today the error message popped out again. The most ridiculous thing is that if ACC is not available, the basic cruise control is not working as well. I checked the radar, wash it, wipe it and it does not seem to solve the problem. The dealer asked me to bring in the car for another calibration and the nearest dealer is about 350 km away from me (700km for a round trip). I cannot have my car calibrated every month. So disappointing. So busy at work and I cannot ask leave repeatedly to solve this stupid issue.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:40 PM
little pharoh
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm having the same problem now show up on my CPO car bought less than 5 months ago. The first error came out the first month of ownership, and then went away. Now, it's completely stopped working. The stealership is chalking it off to "someone probably backed up in you" although there's no scratches on the bumper to cause something like that and are asking $600 for re-calibration. It's worth mentioning that they corrected the front wheel alignment on my first week of ownership as the car was bearing left but never re-calibrated the ACC, I read somewhere here that it's often recommended to do them both.

Any advice?

Old 09-24-2023, 07:17 PM
Chaifu2002
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I dealership took my Cayenne back for the second time within a short period of time and the ACC Not Available warning message showed up again exactly one month after the first repair. I am lucky that my CPO Cayenne is with two years extended warranty and they won't be able to charge me but I have a sense that it would be a frequently occurring issue and I can image how much they are going to charge me after the expiration of the warranty. If ACC is malfunctioned, the basic cruise control is not working either which really is a pain in the ***. Even $10,000 worth cars have cruise control and never thought about ACC will malfunction so frequently. Sigh.
Old 09-09-2024, 01:15 AM
Willywins
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my 2019 in 2020 I encountered this within 3 months. I was CPO at that time and made an appointment at the Dealer. My tires were low in pressure so I filled them up. Car also needed a wash so I did that as well. The error on dash went away. I still took to the dealer where they said "all tested good nothing is wrong". I was told by the Tech that cleanliness of sensors/cameras, tire pressure, alignment, tire type and sizes etc. definitely affect ACC and PAS.

Error did not come back until 4 years later, last week. This time I played with the tire pressure settings on the head unit, eventually the error on the dash turned off however also turned off the feature on the left menu of the dash. I filled tires with air, got a car wash, feature on the dash still did not come back.

I did a diagnostic test with an old Foxwell scanner I used on my Maserati and now use on my Lexus. Its not very friendly for Porsche, but I was able to capture old codes for various items including one with ACC (low voltage). I deleted them all. ACC and PAS features came back on the dash, and seem to work again. I've kept the scanner connected for 3 days now, codes and issues have not come back.

I am crossing my fingers, I don't have the CPO Warranty but have another extended warranty which I've read bad reviews of lol. We will see, but I am also still looking for a new / updated scanner that works with these cars.

Quick Reply: ACC Not Available