Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Walked to the dealership today saw a 2020 E3 with engine, transmission on the floor ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 04:16 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Walked to the dealership today saw a 2020 E3 with engine, transmission on the floor ?

Hi guys,
im still on the hunt looking for a cayenne, taking my time doing the research.
so this morning I visited the dealership to test drive an E3 GTS, and at the workshop I noticed a 2020 cayenne on the hoist and engine and transmission on the flow.
Guys is this normal ? do they take the whole engine out of the car for services on the cayennes ? I mean, the car is under a year old and unless there’s something seriously wrong with the car why would take half the car apart ? Any known issues with engine and transmission?
Old 05-15-2021, 08:58 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

If I recall correctly, you have to take the engine out to connect Homelink to your garage door opener. Just kidding. I haven't read about any common glitch or issue that requires the engine to be removed.
The following 2 users liked this post by alpine-al:
Fahrfun (05-16-2021), icemang (05-16-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 09:09 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Thanks 😂 you almost got me there
dropping the engine and tranny on a car only a few months old worries me
Old 05-15-2021, 07:20 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

They were just raising the body, don't worry about a thing.
The following users liked this post:
TempeAndy (05-16-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 09:46 PM
gkellys
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Definitely an anomaly.
But could happen to anybody!
😱😅
BTW I own the same car. Turbo version. Would buy it again!

Last edited by gkellys; 05-15-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:46 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Greyphantom
Hi guys,
im still on the hunt looking for a cayenne, taking my time doing the research.
so this morning I visited the dealership to test drive an E3 GTS, and at the workshop I noticed a 2020 cayenne on the hoist and engine and transmission on the flow.
Guys is this normal ? do they take the whole engine out of the car for services on the cayennes ? I mean, the car is under a year old and unless there’s something seriously wrong with the car why would take half the car apart ? Any known issues with engine and transmission?
was it a gts with the engine out?
Old 05-15-2021, 11:58 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 730 Likes on 507 Posts

How did your test drive go?
Old 05-16-2021, 06:21 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
was it a gts with the engine out?
it was a 2020 cayenne S.
Still puzzled as to what the reason was to pull apart a car only few months old , Im not getting much confidence
Old 05-16-2021, 06:24 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Originally Posted by kayjh
How did your test drive go?
absolutely loved it. I’ve driven the base and S many times before, but I instantly fell in love with the V8. Also felt like naturally aspirated
Old 05-16-2021, 08:53 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 730 Likes on 507 Posts

absolutely loved it. I’ve driven the base and S many times before, but I instantly fell in love with the V8. Also felt like naturally aspirated
I felt the same when I first drove one. I pick mine up tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:05 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Originally Posted by kayjh
I felt the same when I first drove one. I pick mine up tomorrow.
enjoy 👍👍
Old 05-16-2021, 01:11 PM
Ahmad Al Ali
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car (2019 base) got its engine mounts replaced at 86k km, felt vibration while idling :S
Old 05-16-2021, 02:54 PM
IslandPorsche
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

There is not a car maker out there that doesn't have issues with their cars. Porsche is no different. Most of their vehicles are great, but sometimes, there is one that just isn't right. Then you throw in the tendency of people to post complaints at a much higher rate than compliments, and you can get the impression that a certain vehicle is bad. I don't think that you could find a single make or model of a modern car that doesn't have some sort of complaint online. You have been researching for almost a year. You will find more bad stories as well as people who have no problems with the Cayenne. If you like the car, then make the purchase. Most likely, you will be very happy that you did.
The following 2 users liked this post by IslandPorsche:
daveo4porsche (05-17-2021), Schnave (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 07:41 PM
Gaucho
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by IslandPorsche
There is not a car maker out there that doesn't have issues with their cars. Porsche is no different. Most of their vehicles are great, but sometimes, there is one that just isn't right. Then you throw in the tendency of people to post complaints at a much higher rate than compliments, and you can get the impression that a certain vehicle is bad. I don't think that you could find a single make or model of a modern car that doesn't have some sort of complaint online. You have been researching for almost a year. You will find more bad stories as well as people who have no problems with the Cayenne. If you like the car, then make the purchase. Most likely, you will be very happy that you did.
Agree that all manufacturers have issues. My concern with Porsche is that they pride themselves in being above the rest yet they are not. If you closely listen to their ads on TV and print they make it a point to separate themselves in quality. Although it is high it is far from perfect. The problem with many of these forums is that all owners are so proud of what they own that they cannot face any criticism cast upon their pride and joy. Porsche makes great cars for sure bu they are far from perfect. The 911's is the badge of honor for Porsche and they do an almost perfect job with it. The same cannot be said for their more mass-produced Macan, Cayenne and Tycan. There are many issues, most minor but annoying nonetheless. Actually I would say it is the little things that really annoying such as drains being disconnected, trim not properly fitted, paint defects. From a QC point of view I do believe that Porsche has suffered somewhat especially in those items that should be fixed upon inspection and way prior to delivery to the show room and certainly the buyer. This has not been my experience in my last 2 purchased Porsches - Macan and Cayenne - in the past 12 months. Sure blame it on COVID if you wish but it should not happen. And that is a lame excuse. Not sure that you would allow quality lapses in airline safety, for example, due to the virus.

I also believe that there is a significant disconnect between what Porsche automaker does and think about their product and how their US dealers are perceived by a large part of the buying public. Dealers for the most part do not take initial ownership in any issues. For the most part their response first time around is "we have not seen this before". The first thing that a true quality institution does is accept that there may be a problem not try to try to make you ignore it or think that this is just so unusual.

You do have to put things into perspective. Porsche carries a premium for various reasons. So the expectation is, and should be, higher than other brands. Porsche has set that standard on how they want to be portrayed. For the most part and with rare exceptions in some of the Porsche lines, there is a significant blurring of quality among all the European car makers. Porsche has come down closer to the other German car makers with similar mass production lines. I have owned just about all of the brands in the past 40 years.

I can just see the responses from the Porsche committed now!! Be gentle. It is just one man's opinion. There are more serious things happening in our world that are more impactful.

I still do own one Porsche. Wink And an BMW and a MB.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:25 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

it was a 2020 cayenne S.
Still puzzled as to what the reason was to pull apart a car only few months old , Im not getting much confidence
Where do porsche's go when they have engine troubles? The dealer would be my first guess.
There isn't a brand out there that doesn't have hundreds of vehicles worldwide with engines getting work done at any one time.
Maybe the bus would be more your speed

Quick Reply: Walked to the dealership today saw a 2020 E3 with engine, transmission on the floor ?