Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 02:38 PM
JArnald
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsrs
what are they doing
I believe they are finishing the PDI.

I think they did the initial cleanup and PDI, then a road test.

Left it there Saturday afternoon, will finish it on Monday.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:58 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by JArnald
I believe they are finishing the PDI.

I think they did the initial cleanup and PDI, then a road test.

Left it there Saturday afternoon, will finish it on Monday.
Sorry, I saw the motor in the foreground and thought that was going in. Didn’t know it was a brand new, congrats!
The following users liked this post:
JArnald (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 06:39 PM
JArnald
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by minn19
Sorry, I saw the motor in the foreground and thought that was going in. Didn’t know it was a brand new, congrats!
Not to worry. I can't wipe the smile off my face. Never in my life have I had such anticipation waiting for a vehicle. This has been a first for me during a pandemic, computer chip shortage, supply chain challenges, i.e. wiring harnesses, the Russia/Ukraine 'situation', transportation logistics including an 1,100 vehicle loss in a ship fire.
This has been one for the records.
I go to work tomorrow upon delivery to crack the friggin code on all this cel stuff, PCM 6.0 and whatever else needs investigation.
The following 2 users liked this post by JArnald:
mattsrs (03-27-2022), minn19 (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 11:23 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lphiesmacks10
Is it this code that causes your CEL?
U0122 - Lost Communications With Vehicle Dynamics Control
I only read the code twice, it was U0122. The other times the CEL cleared on its own before I could read it.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:35 PM
crazycanucck
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not to worry. I can't wipe the smile off my face. Never in my life have I had such anticipation waiting for a vehicle. This has been a first for me during a pandemic, computer chip shortage, supply chain challenges, i.e. wiring harnesses, the Russia/Ukraine 'situation', transportation logistics including an 1,100 vehicle loss in a ship fire.
This has been one for the records.
I go to work tomorrow upon delivery to crack the friggin code on all this cel stuff, PCM 6.0 and whatever else needs investigation.
Do you work for Porsche? What does "crack the friggin code" mean in this case? Hope it's good news
Old 03-28-2022, 06:50 PM
JArnald
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crazycanucck
Do you work for Porsche? What does "crack the friggin code" mean in this case? Hope it's good news
No I don't work for Porsche.

I have followed the various threads about Cayenne e-hybrids and the CELs, charging challenges and specifics as they relate to different years of manufacture.
I'm hoping that mine being a 2022 that many of these issues will be solutioned and resolved. Having said that, the dealership postponed my delivery today due to a CEL code.
Old 03-28-2022, 08:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,981 Likes on 1,933 Posts

No I don't work for Porsche.

I have followed the various threads about Cayenne e-hybrids and the CELs, charging challenges and specifics as they relate to different years of manufacture.
I'm hoping that mine being a 2022 that many of these issues will be solutioned and resolved. Having said that, the dealership postponed my delivery today due to a CEL code.
my local bay area dealer service confirmed for me that a recently '22 Hybrid Cayenne has come in for the same "CEL" issue affecting my '21 - based on that he no longer believes the '22 Cayennes have resolved this issue - further investigation shows the same firmware versions in the '21 and '22 Cayennes that need to be updated if there is a software fix - CEL code is the same CEL code know to be at the root of this issue.

analysis and solution remains elusive.
JArnald (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 08:56 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
my local bay area dealer service confirmed for me that a recently '22 Hybrid Cayenne has come in for the same "CEL" issue affecting my '21 - based on that he no longer believes the '22 Cayennes have resolved this issue - further investigation shows the same firmware versions in the '21 and '22 Cayennes that need to be updated if there is a software fix - CEL code is the same CEL code know to be at the root of this issue.
do we know how prominent this issue is? Does it impact every single hybrid owners out there?
Old 03-28-2022, 09:06 PM
JArnald
Rennlist Member

Re: the CEL issue on your '21, how serious is it? An annoyance, we used to call them 'idiot' lights....or can you just run out of mojo while on a thoroughfare going 70 mph?
I apologize in advance if this has been stated elsewhere or at other times, but I hope to get to the root of the issue. Sort of like a dog with a bone.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:09 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the light is purely an error report with no apparent impact on functionality (if it's the code being talked about on this thread) - as we all know the problem with "just a light" is there is no way to tell if it's this issue (which you can safely ignore) or another issue which is actually more serious.

If it's the U1022 code the code can be safely ignored and the vehicle can be driven with _NO_ issues…but you need to take it to the dealer for diagnosis or purchase and use an vehicle code reader to determine if it's the code that we all know doesn't matter.
JArnald (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 09:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mattsrs
do we know how prominent this issue is? Does it impact every single hybrid owners out there?
it has the potential to affect _ANY_ eHybrid w/7.2 kW charger (3.6 is not yet ruled out, but no reports to date on this forum)

the error is the very definition of non-reproducible and random - I've had the code pop 3 separate times in single 24 hour period - and I've gone weeks with out the code appearing at all - there is _NO_ pattern and it can happen or not happen.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:14 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

while the code itself is not a problem and the vehicle is fully functional - the vehicle is non-sellable and in some jurisdictions can not pass vehicle registration inspections as unresolved CEL's are illegal and not road worthy for purposes of vehicle registration.

it's is not an actual functional issue - but it's a serious problem that debilitates the vehicle in terms that a future buyer will need to be disclosed, and some legal hurdles may be present if you attempt to sell the vehicle with this issue unresolved.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:15 PM
mattsrs
Pro

it has the potential to affect _ANY_ eHybrid w/7.2 kW charger (3.6 is not yet ruled out, but no reports to date on this forum)

the error is the very definition of non-reproducible and random - I've had the code pop 3 separate times in single 24 hour period - and I've gone weeks with out the code appearing at all - there is _NO_ pattern and it can happen or not happen.
I picked up my 22 ehybrid a week ago and have so far 400 miles on it. Been charging with 110 every night while waiting for my level 2 to be installed in our garage. Fingers crossed it doesnt “infect” ours. The wait for the car was long enough that I dont have energy to deal with this now 😞
Old 03-29-2022, 11:58 AM
crazycanucck
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Update on my end: PCNA has officially approved buy back of my vehicle or the option to keep for $25k. Received delivery of my car end of Aug 21, so looking at around 6-7 months end to end of dealing with issues, attempted fixes, and contact with PCNA.

I really like the car otherwise and haven’t decided what to do. I will ask for clarification if they have a fix pending and if the issue is resolved in ‘22s. I wouldn’t mind respec’ing the car if problem is gone in ‘22.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:00 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Originally Posted by crazycanucck
Update on my end: PCNA has officially approved buy back of my vehicle or the option to keep for $25k. Received delivery of my car end of Aug 21, so looking at around 6-7 months end to end of dealing with issues, attempted fixes, and contact with PCNA.

I really like the car otherwise and haven’t decided what to do. I will ask for clarification if they have a fix pending and if the issue is resolved in ‘22s. I wouldn’t mind respec’ing the car if problem is gone in ‘22.
What would be their buy back price relative to MSRP?

Quick Reply: GRR - CEL Code @ 654 miles on new '21 Cayenne