Ordering GTS Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 12:46 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Ordering GTS Coupe!

Morning all,

P-car wise, i've Been on Rennlist since '09, when I bought my '09 997.2S. Before that I had an new '05 Cayenne S and currently have an '84 Targa. I just took an allocation for and put my deposit down on this pup! When this comes in this summer, I'll be getting out of my current '18 M5 lease. I'm stoked for it and love how unique the "GTS" models are and also the Cayenne Coupe as a whole.Note the twin center pipes, CF roof, hounds tooth, aero package, 22s, etc. It's all a part of the lightweight sport package. I'm stoked and any others here w/ an allocation spot for one? PS: for some reason, the black calipers weren't reflected in the build pics...

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 03-02-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:49 PM
pakoris
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, what options you selected? I'm in the same boat with selection.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:44 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by pakoris
Very nice, what options you selected? I'm in the same boat with selection.
Thanks, most notably / biggest expense is the lightweight sport package (described in my orig post), also added for night vision and few other things. Focus was on performance here and not multi colored ambient lighting and what I feel are wasteful items in the premium and assitance packages.
You?
Old 03-02-2021, 01:48 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

I went back and forth in my mind over whether to get the standard SUV or the Coupe. I'm still not entirely convinced I made the right choice. Coupe looks great.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:10 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by John__C
I went back and forth in my mind over whether to get the standard SUV or the Coupe. I'm still not entirely convinced I made the right choice. Coupe looks great.
You order / have a GTS? I was a moment away from leasing an M5 competition, when I got the urge to look Porsche. My wife has an X7 and my daughter a GLA, so we have enough "typical" SUVs in the family. I also didn't want to make such an abrupt change and go from my current '18 M5 to a typical suv, so the "cut roof" aspect of the coupe, perfectly fit the bill for me. I agree, it's a real looker....

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 03-02-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:26 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Very nice! Have you test sat in the seats? The houndstooth is really nice to the touch.
I have a '20 Turbo Coupe with the 22" Gt wheels, lightweight CF Sport package, and all the performance goodies. Took delivery in May last year, and have put on just under 7,000 miles. So far, it looks to be using a couple quarts of oil. Otherwise, it's my perfect ride. I still get excited looking at it.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:39 AM
John__C
Instructor

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
You order / have a GTS?
I ordered the full SUV GTS. It is sailing up the coast now so I should be able to pick it up within the next two weeks or so. I went for practicality since we have teenagers and I thought they and their gear might fit better in the SUV. It wasn't an easy choice though. I love the look of the Coupe.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:44 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ticket Target
Very nice! Have you test sat in the seats? The houndstooth is really nice to the touch.
I have a '20 Turbo Coupe with the 22" Gt wheels, lightweight CF Sport package, and all the performance goodies. Took delivery in May last year, and have put on just under 7,000 miles. So far, it looks to be using a couple quarts of oil. Otherwise, it's my perfect ride. I still get excited looking at it.
Nice! No on the seats, but can't wait. Is the houndstooth in Alcantera? I wonder how all the extra performance goodies we added, increase performance. My M5 is an absolute monster, but I have a feeling, I won't be giving that much up acceleration wise. Besides, I'd much rather be in a P-Car, than a BMW.
BMW to mw is the best out of Mb and Audi, but Porsche is obviously the next level up.

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 03-03-2021 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:46 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

I ordered the full SUV GTS. It is sailing up the coast now so I should be able to pick it up within the next two weeks or so. I went for practicality since we have teenagers and I thought they and their gear might fit better in the SUV. It wasn't an easy choice though. I love the look of the Coupe.
Cool, be sure to post up when you get it. My friend has a '19S and loves it. You get a GTS??
Old 03-06-2021, 08:04 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Just added the rear wheel steering.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVSBGE2
Old 03-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Is the houndstooth in Alcantera?
The houndstooth is a woven fabric. Not the Alcantera. I looked at your spec and the one item I would recommend is the Cargo Management System for $420. Not too much money and an effective way to keep you stuff from flying around in the rear.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:09 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ticket Target
The houndstooth is a woven fabric. Not the Alcantera. I looked at your spec and the one item I would recommend is the Cargo Management System for $420. Not too much money and an effective way to keep you stuff from flying around in the rear.
Correct, it's cloth to save weight and it's looks sick. Such a cool throwback to the aircooled days. I'll look into cargo and speaking of aircooled, here's my '84 3.2 Targa w/ 84k on the clock.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:27 PM
John__C
Instructor

I would definitely add comfort access. It really should be standard in my opinion. I cannot imagine having to pull the key out to lock and unlock a car today. That's the only option you are missing that I find to be essential. I also really like the Heads Up Display, but I understand that others don't care for it and it certainly wouldn't be essential. I also passed on the cargo management system for myself. That's the fun in customizing your car; you get to choose what you value most.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:18 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

I would definitely add comfort access. It really should be standard in my opinion. I cannot imagine having to pull the key out to lock and unlock a car today. That's the only option you are missing that I find to be essential. I also really like the Heads Up Display, but I understand that others don't care for it and it certainly wouldn't be essential. I also passed on the cargo management system for myself. That's the fun in customizing your car; you get to choose what you value most.
My '14 458 doesn't have it and neither does my '84 Targa (obviously). So pulling out a key and pressing the open button, seems a little prurist these days, so I'm good w/ it.
BTW, i just added these headlights, in addition to the rear wheel steering.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMC5MV25
Old 03-08-2021, 07:58 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

It's now official and in the books!!! Hat's off to my dealership, they pulled a very tough allocation spot for me, in a week's time.

Quick Reply: Ordering GTS Coupe!