Sponsored By:

Ordering GTS Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 10:53 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
It's now official and in the books!!! Hat's off to my dealership, they pulled a very tough allocation spot for me, in a week's time.
A slot a week out on a GTS Coupe is (pardon this one) quite the coup. Congrats!
Old 03-09-2021, 10:50 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by John__C
A slot a week out on a GTS Coupe is (pardon this one) quite the coup. Congrats!
For sure, i was shocked. Thx
Old 03-09-2021, 11:37 AM
JamesA
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There seems to be a few extra build slots being created. Maybe covid is slowing them less than they thought? When I first tried to order a GTS I was told next year, then told Sept or Oct delivery when I put the deposit down. Got a call on Friday last week to say June build July delivery at the latest. Happy days, I even manage to dodge the annual price increase.

Last edited by JamesA; 03-09-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:54 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by JamesA
There seems to be a few extra build slots being created. Maybe covid is slowing them less than they thought? When I first tried to order a GTS I was told next year, then told Sept or Oct delivery when I put the deposit down. Got a call on Friday last week to say June build July delivery at the latest. Happy days, I even manage to dodge the annual price increase.
Nice! Not sure about the UK, but in the states, there are currently only 4 allocations in the entire country and they just nabbed one last night!

PS How far away are you from the Northern coast? I was there a few years ago on a day trip from Dublin. Toured all the castles and Game of Thrones shoot sites. Was crystal clear and could see Scotland across the sea, amazing....

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 03-09-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:46 PM
JamesA
Intermediate

Nice! Not sure about the UK, but in the states, there are currently only 4 allocations in the entire country and they just nabbed one last night!

PS How far away are you from the Northern coast? I was there a few years ago on a day trip from Dublin. Toured all the castles and Game of Thrones shoot sites. Was crystal clear and could see Scotland across the sea, amazing....
Congrats on getting the slot, I'm sure you like me cant wait untill you hear the roar of the V8 in full song.
About 30 miles from the north coast, Lovely place and Portrush on a nice day is hard to beat. The open golf there a couple of years ago was brilliant. Thursday in the sun watching Tiger and the boys testing themselves among the sandhills was something to behold. A special part of the world indeed.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:47 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Congrats on getting the slot, I'm sure you like me cant wait untill you hear the roar of the V8 in full song.
About 30 miles from the north coast, Lovely place and Portrush on a nice day is hard to beat. The open golf there a couple of years ago was brilliant. Thursday in the sun watching Tiger and the boys testing themselves among the sandhills was something to behold. A special part of the world indeed.
Nice! Beautiful part of country and the people amazing. We also stopped in Belfast on the way up north and who could resist a stop in / at Bushmills for a "proper" Scotch!
PS, have you visited the tiniest Church recognized by the Vatican on Earth? A Portuguese guy built it, it's amazing. It was a milestone trip 6 yrs ago, to celebrate my Sis in law's, her Husband and my 45th B'days. No kids!!!

Got me on a roll now, here's some pics, truly amazng part of the world and I am VERY well traveled.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:53 AM
JamesA
Intermediate

Nice! Beautiful part of country and the people amazing. We also stopped in Belfast on the way up north and who could resist a stop in / at Bushmills for a "proper" Scotch!
PS, have you visited the tiniest Church recognized by the Vatican on Earth? A Portuguese guy built it, it's amazing. It was a milestone trip 6 yrs ago, to celebrate my Sis in law's, her Husband and my 45th B'days. No kids!!!

Got me on a roll now, here's some pics, truly amazng part of the world and I am VERY well traveled.
Great photos there Surge. Some wonderful places on the north coast with usually not a lot of people around meaning you can properly take it all in without distractions. Seeing them makes me look forward to lockdown here ending so that I can get touring again and feel the fresh north Atlantic breeze on my face
Old 03-10-2021, 08:05 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Great photos there Surge. Some wonderful places on the north coast with usually not a lot of people around meaning you can properly take it all in without distractions. Seeing them makes me look forward to lockdown here ending so that I can get touring again and feel the fresh north Atlantic breeze on my face
Exactly, not a lot of people at all. Gotta be "in the know", to venture up there. Ireland wise, we did Wicklow mountains, Kilkenny, Glendalough, and everything under the sun within Dublin.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:13 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

So with a few days to spare until my May build is unchangeable, I added some final goodies! I added the PDCC, the Premium plus package that now actually becomes a combo w/ the pre-existing lt wt sports package in black and finally the soft close doors. I took every performance package and performance option available, to really get the most out of this SUV coupe. I waived the ceramics, because IMO, that's only if you intend to really track her on a regular basis. She's my DD and I actually do intend to attend some PCA track days, but that still doesn't justify the $10k more to me.
I'm stoked for this now, then ever before! http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQGL1H3

Quick Reply: Ordering GTS Coupe!