Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How to reset the oil change / service interval notification?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020 | 11:31 PM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Default How to reset the oil change / service interval notification?

I just updated my POR II (used it on my 991.1 and 991.2 countless times over the years) to the latest software and it gives me an error when I attempt to reset. I emailed them and they said they’re working on an update for the 2019+ Cayenne.

Does anyone have a proven solution other than visiting the dealership or indy? Is there another reasonably priced device that I can pick up to get this annoying message on the dash out of my life? Haha

Thanks fellas,
Anthony
Old 12-31-2020 | 09:45 AM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Autel MX808 is compatible with MY20. I have reset error codes and gives information re error codes. Autel website states it will reset service interval but I haven’t accumulated enough miles to verify reset of service interval notification. I purchased on eBay for $374 plus shipping. Maybe others here can verify re service intervals?

Link to autel site:

https://www.autel.com/mk2/3223.jhtml
Old 01-01-2021 | 12:31 PM
celiawessen
Instructor

I second the Autel MK808/MX808. The newest firmware update (that I know of) will reset the interval based on “today” instead of letting you type in the day of service.

I have the iCarsoft POR II also. Had errors so emailed support and they told me that perhaps my car was not a 9YA. Wow.

Old 01-03-2021 | 05:57 PM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Just ordered the Autel MX808. Thanks fellas. I’m sure the software update will come out for my POR II right after this comes in. Haha
The following users liked this post:
chassis (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021 | 01:15 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

I may not know what I am talking about but I have been looking for a solution also. And from talking to the dealer it is more complicated than just resetting. I think the computer keeps track of when the service was done.
Old 01-04-2021 | 07:13 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgjks6
I may not know what I am talking about but I have been looking for a solution also. And from talking to the dealer it is more complicated than just resetting. I think the computer keeps track of when the service was done.
Exactly. That’s why you need a tool to tell the truck that the service has been performed.
justabout (04-16-2024)
Old 01-09-2021 | 04:07 PM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Boom! Great success!
The following 5 users liked this post by SlickOne:
chassis (01-13-2021), CliffClavin (01-13-2021), cwazyeurodrivr (05-21-2022), IX XI 1 (11-16-2021), porsche14426 (03-30-2023)
Old 01-09-2021 | 06:12 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Awesome. Thanks for follow up.
Old 01-13-2021 | 12:17 PM
CliffClavin
Advanced

Originally Posted by SlickOne

Boom! Great success!
Can you tell me what other functions that device offers that are compatible with our vehicle? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2021 | 12:19 PM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CliffClavin
Can you tell me what other functions that device offers that are compatible with our vehicle? Thanks.

I reset the oil & inspection reminders and didn’t have time to explore the other options. I’m sure it can do a ton more. It’s very robust.
chassis (01-13-2021)
Old 01-16-2021 | 04:01 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CliffClavin
From the Autel web site, in additional all of the typical OBDii scanning diagnostics, the MX808 can also do the following for the 2017+ Cayennes:

Old 05-14-2021 | 04:47 AM
motopokep
4th Gear

$400 for Autel to reset the service light!! guess I have no choice, still cheaper than having someone reset it once a year after an oil change (don't drive much). Icarsoft's Por 3.0 was a good buy at $200. I waited a year for them to update it to the 2019 Cayenne, they finally told me they did. I bought it only to get an error 10 times in a row that it's not compatible with the 2019 Cayenne. They kept telling me that they're working on the issue and then just disappeared and stuck their heads in the sand and I had to return it through Amazon as time was running out. I don't trust Icarsoft anymore, no customer service and deceptive practices. How can a company represent that their product works with a specific vehicle, when it in fact doesn't? Its as if they haven't even tested it on a newer model before selling it as compatible for that model. When I tried calling their customer service number during US business hours, (after they stated to ignore my emails) I was surprised to get a recorded message in Chinese, with no way to leave a voicemail. It's funny how they use American (European) names for representative's emails.

by chance, any other compatible products out there, a bit closer to the $200 price?
Old 05-16-2021 | 10:06 AM
kayjh
Drifting

I’m not sure I understand the point of this? Is it just so you don’t have to look at the maintenance notice? Obviously if you skip service and just reset the minder Porsche will know as they have no record of service being performed. I wonder if you have a failure that could have been prevented by a maintenance inspection, etc., whether Porsche warranty will cover the repair? My dealer quotes $500.00 for the first year oil change, $1,000 for second year oil change, brake fluid change and inspection and $500 for the third year oil change. So, $2,000 for the first 3 years or $1,700 if I buy the service up front. Is that unreasonable? All prices in CAD.

Last edited by kayjh; 05-16-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2021 | 10:41 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kayjh
I’m not sure I understand the point of this? Is it just so you don’t have to look at the maintenance notice? Obviously if you skip service and just reset the minder Porsche will know as they have no record of service being performed. I wonder if you have a failure that could have been prevented by a maintenance inspection, etc., whether Porsche warranty will cover the repair? My dealer quotes $500.00 for the first year oil change, $1,000 for second year oil change, brake fluid change and inspection and $500 for the third year oil change. So, $2,000 for the first 3 years or $1,700 if I buy the service up front. Is that unreasonable? All prices in CAD.
The intent is to perform the maintenance yourself or at an independent shop (at much lower cost) and have the vehicle’s onboard system accurately reflect that service. My Porsche dealer is nearly two hours away. Therefore, I plan on having my local independent Porsche mechanic perform routine services. Luckily, he has the equipment to reset my service light.

The Magnuson-Moss act, a.k.a. Federal Lemon Law, states that dealerships and manufacturers cannot deny a warranty claim or void a warranty if the consumer went to an independent mechanic, a chain shop, or performed repairs or routine maintenance on their own. It also states that if a service or item is required to be procured from the dealer to maintain warranty, it must be provided free of charge.
https://www.autoraptor.com/magnuson-...ip-warranties/

I see that you live in Canada. Check to see if you have a similar law that protects you in a similar fashion.

Last edited by Schnave; 05-16-2021 at 10:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
George from MD (07-02-2021), Stangle (01-31-2022)
Old 05-16-2021 | 12:15 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by Schnave
The intent is to perform the maintenance yourself or at an independent shop (at much lower cost) and have the vehicle’s onboard system accurately reflect that service. My Porsche dealer is nearly two hours away. Therefore, I plan on having my local independent Porsche mechanic perform routine services. Luckily, he has the equipment to reset my service light.

The Magnuson-Moss act, a.k.a. Federal Lemon Law, states that dealerships and manufacturers cannot deny a warranty claim or void a warranty if the consumer went to an independent mechanic, a chain shop, or performed repairs or routine maintenance on their own. It also states that if a service or item is required to be procured from the dealer to maintain warranty, it must be provided free of charge.
https://www.autoraptor.com/magnuson-...ip-warranties/

I see that you live in Canada. Check to see if you have a similar law that protects you in a similar fashion.
Makes sense for you. But you refer to your “local independent Porsche mechanic”. What makes him a Porsche mechanic? Does he have the tools? If so, he should be able to reset you maintenance minder. If not, he’s no more a Porsche mechanic than the local oil change shop in my opinion.

Quick Reply: How to reset the oil change / service interval notification?