Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Brakes...Does Everyone's Non-Ceramic Brakes Squeal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:46 PM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

A little older than you and would like to impart some advice; let your attorney take this off your shoulders. Your time is literally more valuable than dealing with this inane stuff. No large multinational company will listen to you, but they WILL generally listen to your attorney. Let the attorney handle it and try to enjoy life in the meantime.

Sure, Porsche may respond to you, but they will just drag this out forever until you give up, or your attorney takes over in the end. So just get the attorney to take over now and save yourself some wasted time.
The following users liked this post:
03clyde (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 03:12 PM
jamtinge
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SeoulFeet
Wow, how can you deal with that. Again, not normal. Well I have hired an attorney now for my arbitration. Have you thought about going this route. See if they can try and fix it one more time and then file one. If it was normal Porsche wouldn’t put out campaigns to resolve the issue they would just say it’s normal. Lookup Porsche brake campaigns. File the documents that relate to brake noise. Again, if it’s normal then why go to the lengths to fix it and instructions on how to do it.

The car car I test drove prior to my order didn’t make these noises so was that car abnormal then? Misleading customers and misrepresentation of brand products. My attorney says they will have to repurchase my vehicle based off the lemon law in PA or settle with me.
i have thought about it, but concluded it may not be a cost effective way to handle the situation. Wouldnt it be cheaper to just sell the car for you as well?
Well i have learned my life lesson, so maybe this is worthy experience. i am in my mid 30s too and this is going to be my last porsche.
i have owned multiple brands and Porsche is the first to deny the problem on a car.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:18 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 03clyde
Don't be bought out and forever silenced.
Lol the drama !

here’s a front and rear caliper on a ‘20... I’m guessing your exposed wire is from the tech tinkering with the unit.

Old 09-04-2020, 01:58 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SeoulFeet
It is a shame, I am 36 years old and worked so hard to be able to buy the car of my dreams. I have to go to work as a physician in times of need especially with Covid-19. Risking my health and my families health daily. Somedays I couldn't even see my 2 year old after I was exposed to the virus. I even had it in March because of an exposure and had to quarantine. My car was supposed to be an escape, a place where I felt that all the risk and hard work was worth it. Now I hate driving it, I can't stand driving through a neighborhood or out of my development. The worst part... Porsche wanted to give me 10k for my troubles, putting a number on my troubles. Customer care is worthless.
Hi guys. I haven't been on this thread in a long time. I was one of the original posters and had multiple dealer visits without a resolution but finally was able to get the issue resolved almost a year ago with no further problems since.
If you call the service manager at Porsche South Bay...Mauro..He will tell you what was done and I'm pretty confident your noises will go away. It took no fewer than 5 visits to get this resolved. And yes....they gave me the same BS about it being "normal" etc....but then I made a video of the sound in and out of the cabin and sent it to high ups...got a couple of emails back from upper management in which they noted it was an embarrassment and got it fixed. I was ready to get rid of it, but honesty I loved everything else about the car and wanted to get this resolved.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:01 AM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
Hi guys. I haven't been on this thread in a long time. I was one of the original posters and had multiple dealer visits without a resolution but finally was able to get the issue resolved almost a year ago with no further problems since.
If you call the service manager at Porsche South Bay...Mauro..He will tell you what was done and I'm pretty confident your noises will go away. It took no fewer than 5 visits to get this resolved. And yes....they gave me the same BS about it being "normal" etc....but then I made a video of the sound in and out of the cabin and sent it to high ups...got a couple of emails back from upper management in which they noted it was an embarrassment and got it fixed. I was ready to get rid of it, but honesty I loved everything else about the car and wanted to get this resolved.

Good luck.
What turned out to be the cause?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:14 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beefchopper
What turned out to be the cause?
The basic problem was the caliper springs, but like I said it would be best to speak to the service manager to get specific details on what needs replacing to avoid unnecessary visits.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:35 AM
SeoulFeet
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brake noise

Originally Posted by ak432
The basic problem was the caliper springs, but like I said it would be best to speak to the service manager to get specific details on what needs replacing to avoid unnecessary visits.
hey everyone quick update from my end as well

we postponed the arbitration and a FTE (Field Technical Engineer) from PCNA flew out to visit for the car. He brought a Hz analyzer as well. We drove the car and confirmed a 10,000 Hz squeal which is not normal. This was done after brakes were hot and cold. From there he flat out told me that this is a known issue with the PSCB system and they are working to get it resolved and it’s not normal. For now they replaced they replaced the rotors which were rubbing wrong. They also gave me a 10k check for my trouble and will buy the car back if no resolution can be made
Old 09-04-2020, 12:07 PM
YHC
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

We are dealing with the same brake issue with the same company, Porsche, however, we're getting different treatments and responses.
For the first time, there appears to be a permanent fix per ak432, why can't Porsche fix them all now?
Some are being offered and even got a check of $10K for the trouble, and also offered buy back.
Most of others are just being turned away by Porsche because the brake noises are totally Normal and nothing is wrong.
Am I the only one getting confused here?
Old 09-04-2020, 12:33 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 333 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by YHC
We are dealing with the same brake issue with the same company, Porsche, however, we're getting different treatments and responses.
For the first time, there appears to be a permanent fix per ak432, why can't Porsche fix them all now?
Some are being offered and even got a check of $10K for the trouble, and also offered buy back.
Most of others are just being turned away by Porsche because the brake noises are totally Normal and nothing is wrong.
Am I the only one getting confused here?
Just to confirm - is the brake noise issue you and AK432 are dealing related to PSCB (white caliper) brakes? Just want to make sure this thread doesn't relate to my brakes (standard iron, black caliper). Each different set of brakes on the Cayenne - base like mine (black/gray), PSCB (white), and Ceramic (yellow) - seem to have their own noise issues. Those of us with noisy standard iron (black/gray) brakes are being stiff-armed by Porsche.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:20 PM
YHC
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LSR
Just to confirm - is the brake noise issue you and AK432 are dealing related to PSCB (white caliper) brakes? Just want to make sure this thread doesn't relate to my brakes (standard iron, black caliper). Each different set of brakes on the Cayenne - base like mine (black/gray), PSCB (white), and Ceramic (yellow) - seem to have their own noise issues. Those of us with noisy standard iron (black/gray) brakes are being stiff-armed by Porsche.
Mine is 2020 base with standard iron brakes and I don't have any noise issues yet at 4000 miles. I am just following this thread since many members here mentioned that noises started after a few thousand miles.
Are the issues on PSCB and PCCB are more serious and obvious to warrant more attention from Porsche?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:36 PM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My PSCBs started squealing after 3K miles (loud noise when NOT applying brakes). Totally bogus and embarrassing! Finally had the Porsche "fix" with the clips/ pads changes, front and back - similar to pics above. So far no noise (been a few months and couple of thousand miles). The brakes do squeal (not too loud) when applied eg. stopping at traffic lights-- but since my quality-bar now is set so low for Porsche, I just hope the original "non-braking" squeal is gone for good. The handling is very good and brakes are effective in stopping quickly- but this issue has been a major hassle...

Old 09-04-2020, 04:09 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 333 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by YHC
Mine is 2020 base with standard iron brakes and I don't have any noise issues yet at 4000 miles. I am just following this thread since many members here mentioned that noises started after a few thousand miles.
Are the issues on PSCB and PCCB are more serious and obvious to warrant more attention from Porsche?
My base 2019's standard (black caliper) iron brakes were perfect until about 7500 miles. That when the noises started (crunching and creaking upon coming to a stop). I have 19.5k mi on the car now, and the noises are still there. It's not a problem if you don't stop.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:33 AM
FAWI
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi

after 5 visits over the last 18 months Porsche told me that there are new kit for the brake will arrive by October or early November

anyone can verify this information because to be honest I don't trust my dealer anymore
Old 09-05-2020, 08:06 AM
SeoulFeet
Track Day

So I filed an arbitration against PCNA and this is how I got to where I am. I recommend doing this. The engineer confirmed it isn’t normal and they are working on the permanent fix. They said the noise will begin after 3500 miles or so. I recommend going this route as it will all be documented. Now that I am in the final leg I already know that if it doesn’t work I can get a buy back.

Last edited by SeoulFeet; 09-05-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:09 AM
SeoulFeet
Track Day

Hey FAWI I don’t trust that I would file the arbitration if we all do it then they can’t deny it either strength in numbers. Plus my outcome was pretty satisfactory now that I have leverage to have them buy back the car if no resolution is met.

Last edited by SeoulFeet; 09-05-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Brakes...Does Everyone's Non-Ceramic Brakes Squeal?