Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne Brakes...Does Everyone's Non-Ceramic Brakes Squeal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2020 | 08:14 AM
SeoulFeet
Track Day

Thanks for the help I will call my dealership as well. I wouldn’t be able to take it to Cali since I am in PA. I Am going to follow through with this method as well and ask them about the caliper springs on Tuesday
Old 09-05-2020 | 08:31 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FAWI
Hi

after 5 visits over the last 18 months Porsche told me that there are new kit for the brake will arrive by October or early November

anyone can verify this information because to be honest I don't trust my dealer anymore
For which brakes brakes? Iron (black), PSCB (White), or ceramic (yellow)??
Old 09-06-2020 | 09:43 AM
FAWI
Advanced

Originally Posted by LSR
For which brakes brakes? Iron (black), PSCB (White), or ceramic (yellow)??

PSCB (White)
Old 09-06-2020 | 09:54 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

PSCB (White)
Thanks very much.
Old 09-09-2020 | 06:16 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

My Wife has a 2019 Base with 1k miles on it (Iron Breaks). The breaks have been loud and squeaky ever since it was delivered. Recently our Porsche dealer in So Cal picked up the car and did some minor adjustments to the breaks as we let them know of the issue. After a "break caliper adjustment" we were told that Porsche has "performance breaks" and the issue was normal. If it was caused by anything the issues was caused by the car break surfaces being dirty (my cars are never dirty).

This is interesting as I am a nut when it comes to cleaning my cars and they are not more then 50 mile drive dirty.

We received the car and it continues to squeak when breaking. Always louder when backing up.

Like many of you, we love the car except 2 MAJOR flaws.
  1. Breaks squeak
  2. No permanent start stop deactivation
At this point ill give it a few more weeks and call again to let them know that the issue still continues.

I have only had 1 car in my life give me issues to the point that I felt taken advantage of and that was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After 2 years of it always being in the shop I contacted a lawyer write a letter. After 1 week I had a buy back option or a settlement + extended warrantee.

This is not the rout I suggest if you are building a relationship with a dealer. It would be nice if it would just be fixed.
Old 09-09-2020 | 06:32 PM
03clyde
Instructor

Originally Posted by bravoraider;16895750......
My Wife has a 2019 Base with 1k miles on it (Iron Breaks). The breaks have been loud and squeaky ever since it was delivered. ..........
Welcome to the club,
Old 09-09-2020 | 06:37 PM
Simran Ahluwalia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ak432
The basic problem was the caliper springs, but like I said it would be best to speak to the service manager to get specific details on what needs replacing to avoid unnecessary visits.
Hey AK,

So I called up Porsche South Bay and asked to speak to Mauro. But apparently he's a line tech now so there's no way to speak to him unless we bring the car there. Could you possibly look at your service invoice and post what the diagnosis and the fixes were? My car is currently with the dealer and I would like to pass along this information to them and hopefully get it fixed like you

Thanks,
Sim
Old 09-09-2020 | 11:14 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by bravoraider
My Wife has a 2019 Base with 1k miles on it (Iron Breaks). The breaks have been loud and squeaky ever since it was delivered. Recently our Porsche dealer in So Cal picked up the car and did some minor adjustments to the breaks as we let them know of the issue. After a "break caliper adjustment" we were told that Porsche has "performance breaks" and the issue was normal. If it was caused by anything the issues was caused by the car break surfaces being dirty (my cars are never dirty).

This is interesting as I am a nut when it comes to cleaning my cars and they are not more then 50 mile drive dirty.

We received the car and it continues to squeak when breaking. Always louder when backing up.

1. Breaks squeak
At this point ill give it a few more weeks and call again to let them know that the issue still continues.

I have only had 1 car in my life give me issues to the point that I felt taken advantage of and that was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After 2 years of it always being in the shop I contacted a lawyer write a letter. After 1 week I had a buy back option or a settlement + extended warrantee.

This is not the rout I suggest if you are building a relationship with a dealer. It would be nice if it would just be fixed.
Your Porsche has brakes, not breaks. 😳
Old 09-12-2020 | 08:15 AM
FAWI
Advanced

Do anyone try to install other brakes brands like Brembo ?
Is it possible ?
Old 09-12-2020 | 04:34 PM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bravoraider

1. Breaks squeak
Amazing this issue is still going on.

Your reasons are exactly why we got rid of our '19 Cayenne.

Do anyone try to install other brakes brands like Brembo ?
Is it possible ?
Just checked fcpeuro and Pelicanparts again; no pads listed for a '19 Cayenne base. Suncoast justs lists one pad set for the fronts; I assume this is the OEM:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/9Y0BFPS.html

I also just looked at the Brembo store, they do not offer anything for a '19 Cayenne.

Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 09-12-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2020 | 06:08 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Rich_Jenkins;16901480]Amazing this issue is still going on.

Your reasons are exactly why we got rid of our '19 Cayenne.

W
aaS
Old 09-12-2020 | 10:03 PM
Fly121
Advanced

29,000 miles and my PSCB (white) still squeal when I brake. It’s become laughable when people ask me how ‘squeaking’ is? If I had a number painted in my door and raced at Daytona I would accept the squeal but I think Porsche builds most of their vehicles for consumers who drive on roads and not racetracks. Hire better engineers and do more R&D before letting us consumers be their test program.
Old 09-12-2020 | 11:39 PM
Ray831
Racer

Fly121, after how many miles did the squealing start?
Old 09-12-2020 | 11:54 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

I’ve had a 2006 CS since new and my iron rotors have never made a sound. Great brakes. I also have a GTS incoming late Nov delivery w the base brakes, ie, Big Reds. They are bigger than the S brakes but otherwise the same, ie, iron rotors and fixed calipers. If they squeal, I’m not going to be a happy camper. Fingers crossed Porsche has solved this problem otherwise 😡
Old 09-13-2020 | 08:33 PM
Fly121
Advanced

My brakes started squealing at 2,500 miles.
Dealer replaced clips to stop clicking sound at low speeds and replaced pads.
Since then, pads have little wear and Porsche claims brake squeal when applying is “normal”.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne Brakes...Does Everyone's Non-Ceramic Brakes Squeal?