Sponsored By:

Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 02:23 PM
dbwalsh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension Stays in Low after returning to Normal Mode

I have a 2019 Cayenne S with Air Suspension and Sport Chrono package.
When I select Sport or Sport+ the chassis drops to the low position as it should. However, when I return to Normal mode the chassis remains in the Low position and does not return to the Medium position that Normal uses.
The chassis height does not return to Medium when turning off and restarting either. I must manually select the medium position from the Offroad options screen.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Fuddy77
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My 2019 base Cayenne w/19” all season Michelin tires seems to have a TPMS oddity. The door sill label states that the rear tire is inflated to 41 pounds and the front to 38. However, when I check the deviation in the PCM it’s about +8 for the rear and +6 or so for the front? It’s as if the label on the door and baseline in the PCM aren’t calibrated. I did switch the type of tire back and forth with the attempt to relearn but received same result. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 02-24-2019, 11:05 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by dbwalsh
I have a 2019 Cayenne S with Air Suspension and Sport Chrono package.
When I select Sport or Sport+ the chassis drops to the low position as it should. However, when I return to Normal mode the chassis remains in the Low position and does not return to the Medium position that Normal uses.
The chassis height does not return to Medium when turning off and restarting either. I must manually select the medium position from the Offroad options screen.
Strange. My does go back to medium when I select normal.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:06 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fuddy77
My 2019 base Cayenne w/19” all season Michelin tires seems to have a TPMS oddity. The door sill label states that the rear tire is inflated to 41 pounds and the front to 38. However, when I check the deviation in the PCM it’s about +8 for the rear and +6 or so for the front? It’s as if the label on the door and baseline in the PCM aren’t calibrated. I did switch the type of tire back and forth with the attempt to relearn but received same result. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, I have noticed this too. Not sure why the electronics think the tires are so overinflated.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:18 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
Yes, I have noticed this too. Not sure why the electronics think the tires are so overinflated.
Have you actually checked at the stem with a gauge to verify?
Old 02-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Fuddy77
Intermediate

Yes, I always rely on the gauge vs. sensors but thanks for asking. Here is what I realized when reading the manual. The manual provides 2 ranges, one for half load and one for full load. It seems like the label on the door sill is aligned with “full load”, yet in the PCM “full load” is an option that isn’t the default (half load is the default). So full load In the manual and on the door sill is 41 for rear and 38 for front. Half load from the manual only is 38 for the rear and front is 35. I presume I will still be over by a bit but I’m ok with that. My issue of +8 in the rear, like it is now, can’t possibly be the intended ride for normal use.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:55 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
Have you actually checked at the stem with a gauge to verify?
Yes that what I meant about electronics. The app is the same.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:23 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Very interesting issue regarding the condensation in the lights. I have never heard of this before. By chance can you post of pic of the owner's manual page that states the PPF advice? Thanks in advance.
Yes, but it’ll be a few days. I read it in the paper manual. The Good to Know app has one of the worst search features ever made and I cannot find it. Our Turbo (and its manual) is at the dealer getting its rear window replaced after a tech scratched it while replacing a rear hatch seal. Hang tight!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:10 AM
framo49
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glitches II

On two occasions, both during heavy rain, this message appeared. It did not clear when the vehicle was restarted. It did disappear when the vehicle was dry.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:44 PM
phatchunk99
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by framo49
On two occasions, both during heavy rain, this message appeared. It did not clear when the vehicle was restarted. It did disappear when the vehicle was dry.

It could be because the sensors cannot see the lane lines clearly during heavy downpours. I would say that's "normal".
The following users liked this post:
chipsterguy (05-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2019, 04:54 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE

This is not a glitch. The label on the door lists full-load, maximum-speed tire pressure. But these make no sense for anything other than blasting on the autobahn at over 150MPH and/or towing at maximum load. For anything else, there are Comfort and Partial Load pressures, which are much lower, and are usually set as default for North America. You can change your pressure settings in PCM. So my guess is that PCM is set to Comfort or Partial Load pressure and the tires are inflated to the Full Load pressure.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Fuddy77
Intermediate

Thanks. I’m pretty sure I understand and it appears that the pcm doesn’t operate the way we may think it does. Here is what I figured out and why I’m going to move on.

For starters, the sensors are off by +1 pound from what a gauge reads. Even at the right pressure (based on partial load guidelines) the pcm still reads +4 over on each wheel (this +4 also remains if the tire heat up by a pound or 2). To me this means that the purpose of the pcm isn’t to factor in the delta from what the right pressure is, rather it’s to give you the delta between what pressure you are at and a safe pressure to drive the vehicle. This topic may be a product of over thinking..

Now why I can’t get the vehicle to store the Porsche Connect profiles without having to keep reentering the code, regardless of what I select in settings, is a bit annoying. Has to be a glitch that will be fixed with an update. Regardless I love the vehicle and I’ll get over it for now.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by phatchunk99
It could be because the sensors cannot see the lane lines clearly during heavy downpours. I would say that's "normal".
It should say "LCA not available due to poor visibility", not "service necessary". Poor implementation if it's truly just rain impacting vision...
Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Has anyone gotten an error message regarding Airbag Fault (or something like that; I didn't take a pic)-- Service Necessary? I assume, again, this is a software glitch and not an actual problem. Just appeared for the fist time last night. It did not clear this morning.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:59 AM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are newer production vehicles free of these issues?

Quick Reply: Glitches