Sponsored By:

Discount on 2019 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 09:34 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MR1986
This was my first time buying a Porsche. I live in Bay Area, CA. I negotiated a 6.2% discount on base price for an on the lot Porsche Cayenne, 2019, Base Model. Listed MSRP was $76760. The car has good options on it and exact color/interiors I wanted.

No trade in vehicle
18K down and rest financed at 3.99% for 72 months

Just trying to get some feedback. Sounds like a good deal?
Since it has all of the options you wanted and the exact color combo, it's worth it!

Generally for discounts, especially on the base Cayenne, we should aim for 7+% on custom orders, 8+% off the lot, and 10+% for demos/previous service loaners. You pretty much "custom ordered" your car without having to wait for months, deliberate over options, or suffer delays, so enjoy your first Porsche!
Old 04-07-2019, 10:28 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Cayenne Coupe

Does anyone have any guidance on what I should expect to find when ordering a Cayenne coupe? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:30 PM
MR1986
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Since it has all of the options you wanted and the exact color combo, it's worth it!

Generally for discounts, especially on the base Cayenne, we should aim for 7+% on custom orders, 8+% off the lot, and 10+% for demos/previous service loaners. You pretty much "custom ordered" your car without having to wait for months, deliberate over options, or suffer delays, so enjoy your first Porsche!
great, thank you for your reply. I believe I got a good deal then does it make sense to refinance immediately, if I can get below rates from a credit union? (I saw this listed on one of the posts above)

https://www.ngfcu.us/rates/autoloanrates.aspx

New VEHICLE - FIXED

3 Years 2.49% 36 monthly payments of $28.86 per $1,000 borrowed.

4 Years 2.74% 48 monthly payments of $22.02 per $1,000 borrowed.

5 Years 2.99% 60 monthly payments of $17.97 per $1,000 borrowed.

6 Years 3.24% 72 monthly payments of $15.31 per $1,000 borrowed.

7 Years 3.74% 84 monthly payments of $13.55 per $1,000 borrowed.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:34 PM
ssiminou
Banned

great, thank you for your reply. I believe I got a good deal then does it make sense to refinance immediately, if I can get below rates from a credit union? (I saw this listed on one of the posts above)

https://www.ngfcu.us/rates/autoloanrates.aspx

New VEHICLE - FIXED

3 Years 2.49% 36 monthly payments of $28.86 per $1,000 borrowed.

4 Years 2.74% 48 monthly payments of $22.02 per $1,000 borrowed.

5 Years 2.99% 60 monthly payments of $17.97 per $1,000 borrowed.

6 Years 3.24% 72 monthly payments of $15.31 per $1,000 borrowed.

7 Years 3.74% 84 monthly payments of $13.55 per $1,000 borrowed.
Did you finance through your dealer without looking at CU options? New Car rates might be different than the Refinance rates (just like how Used Car Rates are different), and you may be charged extra fees from your original bank because you're ending the loan with them so soon. If it's with Porsche Financial, I don't think they charge penalties, but you have to read the fine print and check.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:37 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by beefchopper
Does anyone have any guidance on what I should expect to find when ordering a Cayenne coupe? Thanks.
Dealers may say that they have limited allocations and that the system to input the build spec isn't open yet. This is probably true, as PCNA is figuring things out and is still adding options to the configurator, but I'm pretty sure dealers have an idea of the number of allocations they're getting, and they definitely have the ability to request more allocations if need be. PM me and I'll put you in contact with my SA who may be able to help you. It never hurts to speak to different dealers and to feel the water. Discounts won't be too significant at first though, but you never know for sure until you ask.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:41 PM
MR1986
4th Gear

Did you finance through your dealer without looking at CU options? New Car rates might be different than the Refinance rates (just like how Used Car Rates are different), and you may be charged extra fees from your original bank because you're ending the loan with them so soon. If it's with Porsche Financial, I don't think they charge penalties, but you have to read the fine print and check.
i did look at CU options, but was seeing 4.99% because I wanted 72 months. Porsche gave 3.99%, so took that one.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:44 PM
ssiminou
Banned

i did look at CU options, but was seeing 4.99% because I wanted 72 months. Porsche gave 3.99%, so took that one.
3.99% is still pretty good, considering the fact that PFS has a Money Factor of 7+% when you lease for 36 months--ridiculous! Just enjoy the new car, and if you see or hear about any special refinance rates or if rates in general are lowered, reevaluate the options at the time. It all depends on how you feel about the 3.99%, how long you plan to keep the car, and if potentially saving the extra money per month after going through the refinance process is worth your time and energy.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:53 PM
MR1986
4th Gear

3.99% is still pretty good, considering the fact that PFS has a Money Factor of 7+% when you lease for 36 months--ridiculous! Just enjoy the new car, and if you see or hear about any special refinance rates or if rates in general are lowered, reevaluate the options at the time. It all depends on how you feel about the 3.99%, how long you plan to keep the car, and if potentially saving the extra money per month after going through the refinance process is worth your time and energy.
Makes sense, thank you so much for your feedback. Really appreciate it! 😊
Old 04-07-2019, 10:55 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

The money factors PFS uses truly are ridiculous but then again so are the prices next to every option we all readily click to add items to our configurations.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:11 AM
Quamaze
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually received closed to 10% off of a build model. No extra fees or add ons. Plain and simple. Was an awesome experience with the dealership...AFTER I sent them info from this site
Old 04-09-2019, 01:32 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by Quamaze
I actually received closed to 10% off of a build model. No extra fees or add ons. Plain and simple. Was an awesome experience with the dealership...AFTER I sent them info from this site
9-10% off for a build is absolutely amazing, but it is a Base trim, a perfectly adequate overall package but dealers have much more room and will to negotiate on them at the moment.

I called three Cali dealers for pricing on a Cayenne S order. One said 4%, the other 5%, and the last said 5.5% w/o PEC, 5% off with PECLA. Mind you, the last dealer is located just a few miles away from PEC and he still lowered the price by that little bit. 7% off a build with PEC, as my SA has done on a Cayenne S for a friend, is pretty damn good.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:51 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9-10% off for a build is absolutely amazing, but it is a Base trim, a perfectly adequate overall package but dealers have much more room and will to negotiate on them at the moment.

I called three Cali dealers for pricing on a Cayenne S order. One said 4%, the other 5%, and the last said 5.5% w/o PEC, 5% off with PECLA. Mind you, the last dealer is located just a few miles away from PEC and he still lowered the price by that little bit. 7% off a build with PEC, as my SA has done on a Cayenne S for a friend, is pretty damn good.
When you mention PEC are the dealers throwing in a visit to Porsche Experience Center to drive any of their available cars on the track? Is that a $500-$1,000 value? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:53 PM
kwilkins
Track Day

Bought a Cayenne Turbo yesterday from the dealer lot at 6.5% off sticker of $151,320 with $75k trade in value on a 2017 Alpina B7. I'm not sure if this was a good deal or not, I fell so in love with the Cayenne I had to jump.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:00 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by QQQ
When you mention PEC are the dealers throwing in a visit to Porsche Experience Center to drive any of their available cars on the track? Is that a $500-$1,000 value? Thanks!
When I say PEC Delivery, I mean the option on the configuration listed under delivery experience. Paying that minor cost allows you to pick up your car at one of the two PEC locations, Atlanta or Los Angeles, which means you might not have to pay for shipping. It includes a 90 minute track session (with a comparable car to the one you’re picking up, though I’m sure they’d let you drive something else if you ask nicely), a tour of the facility, a nice lunch, and a detailed delivery session where they go over everything in your new Porsche one-on-one. By PEC Delivery, I do not mean one of their separate track experiences that are available for purchase, though I’ve seen people ask their dealers for just the track experience instead of the whole delivery process, allowing them to get their car earlier and go down to PEC whenever it’s best for them.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:01 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by kwilkins
Bought a Cayenne Turbo yesterday from the dealer lot at 6.5% off sticker of $151,320 with $75k trade in value on a 2017 Alpina B7. I'm not sure if this was a good deal or not, I fell so in love with the Cayenne I had to jump.
If you’re happy with the car, then it was a great deal! There aren’t many Turbos on the lot for what I’ve seen. Enjoy the new car in good health.

Quick Reply: Discount on 2019 Cayenne